Qurantining a fish bought from LFS

o.ok... the hyposalinity is use the same way as paraguard rite? can use the water from my tank or the water used to change water for my tank one not ar?

Hyposalinity is a methode which will reduce the salinity of your QT down to 1.008-1.010 slowly. This way will take some time.

eh.. I cage my new fishes in the tank i am going to rear the fishes. there's pro n con though. fish is stress, but if overcome the stress factor, release into the tank, no problem liao.

Quarantine in seperate tank, n then shift to main tank, aka like buy from LFS n put in your own tank. No diff IMO.

Come to think of it... like useless...

u mean..??

actually it depends on which method u tik gives u the most successful.

I tik for me caging looks good. of course my cage is quite big too.. almost 20cm or more.. at least I can monitor the fish closely, rather than timid fish go AWOL, next day rotting somewhere in your LR..

I mean the QT is kinda of useless liao...

oh.. u mean after reading wat I input..

actually like i mentioned. depends on whichever

gives u more success.. different tank "behaves"

different..

from wat I read, there's always these two conflicting

views on quarantine fishes in main tank or seperate.

I tend to agree with bwilly on this case. I mean the poor fish is probably cosy in its QT tank and you're moving it again. if I were the fish, I'd be like "oh ban jia loh." in a sadder tone of course.

bwilly...

your cage hor...is the bottom of the cage...got holes or not? or sealed up? and also how you hold the cage onto the tank? I wanna try out your idea. where did you get the cage from?

I tend to agree with bwilly on this case. I mean the poor fish is probably cosy in its QT tank and you're moving it again. if I were the fish, I'd be like "oh ban jia loh." in a sadder tone of course.

bwilly...

your cage hor...is the bottom of the cage...got holes or not? or sealed up? and also how you  hold the cage onto the tank? I wanna try out your idea. where did you get the cage from?

oh.. I got one cage abt 20cm from this.. eh.. sux.. let me take a pic of the box. actual pic cannot take now.. cause my QT fish is sleeping, dun want to give u short burst of flash or disturb its sleep..

brb.

there it is.. $12

it got plenty of holes.. if not hole die.. one side of the cage, there's two suction where u can fix it to your side of the tank. so the cage won't bob around in the water n cause undue stress. cage from yishun aqua*tar. QT in main tank also no need to run seperate skimmer..hehe.. lazy method..

oh yes, one thing I like abt this cage it got a top cover where u can open easily to drop in food. timid fishes who like to do jumping trick won't get their chance so easily now too.. :)

post-6-1072199931.jpg

• SRC Member

oh.. I got one cage abt 20cm from this.. eh.. sux.. let me take a pic of the box. actual pic cannot take now.. cause my QT fish is sleeping, dun want to give u short burst of flash or disturb its sleep..

brb.

there it is.. $12

Where did you get this....think need to get one for myself B)

• SRC Member

i dont quarentine work out ...

cause if u r a fish when u get use to quarentine tank.. u move it to other tank.. its same as transport the fish right.. ???

liek u transport ur fish from LFS to ur home...

what i did is... put it in a basket in the main tank...

if the fish is so desperate to get out of the basket to ur tank... then let it be... slowly lower down the basket.. and he will swim out... if he donwan to swim out mean something is wrong...

"if u dont like it why shd u move out in the first place..." :angry:

that what i did to my tang... :lol: