Anthais

• SRC Member

at least 12mm. but 15mm if you can afford is better.

hmm 15mm ar okok roger that will ask the tank maker^^ erm what about the flow rate back digi said minimum 6times the volume of water what do you think?

• Senior Reefer

nope will transfer over to this new tank once its up though it not gonna be in a few months to come =.=

the anthias you are keeping are very common and come by very often. a few months is too long...

i suggest you sell now and then re-buy again next time. 8 anthias in a 2ft tank is not fun! :(

• Senior Reefer

hmm 15mm ar okok roger that will ask the tank maker^^ erm what about the flow rate back digi said minimum 6times the volume of water what do you think?

12mm should be ok lah.

jumping from 12mm to 15mm thickness is not $1 to $2. the jump is very high. for my crystal glass tank, 12mm to 15mm is almost double the price.

so do consider. but for safety reasons, 15mm is definitely better. but 12mm should be fine. my tank 3.5 x 3.5 x 2 is 12mm.

as for turnover rate, not sure. 6x is minimum but i would go for at least 8-10 times if you can.

the higher the turnover rate the better.

• SRC Member

12mm should be ok lah.

jumping from 12mm to 15mm thickness is not $1 to $2. the jump is very high. for my crystal glass tank, 12mm to 15mm is almost double the price.

so do consider. but for safety reasons, 15mm is definitely better. but 12mm should be fine. my tank 3.5 x 3.5 x 2 is 12mm.

as for turnover rate, not sure. 6x is minimum but i would go for at least 8-10 times if you can.

the higher the turnover rate the better.

dun think going for crystal glass maybe normal so 15mm should not be a problem will call and check for both

yea was afraid of leaks and i have some cousins that are VERY VERY VERY rough with my tank so need to paly save =.=

hmmm any return pump in mind? volume is about 110g

• Senior Reefer

dun think going for crystal glass maybe normal so 15mm should not be a problem will call and check for both

yea was afraid of leaks and i have some cousins that are VERY VERY VERY rough with my tank so need to paly save =.=

hmmm any return pump in mind? volume is about 110g

crystal glass or normal glass doesnt matter. the idea is still same . jump from 12 to 15 will be a big jump. but call to check. if you can get good deals and can afford then go for 15mm.

leaks usually happen because of poor silicon job.

• SRC Member

crystal glass or normal glass doesnt matter. the idea is still same . jump from 12 to 15 will be a big jump. but call to check. if you can get good deals and can afford then go for 15mm.

yupp noted any idea what return pump i should get or advise was thinking of 1262ehiem??

• SRC Member

check normal glass 15mm my tank size 1.6k

and i was thinking about oc3500 what do you think?

• Senior Reefer

1262ehiem 825gph

oc3500 is 875gph

and crystal glass is 2700 -,- for 15mm

if u use the 1262 its 7.5x turnover..

825 gallons per hour. means every hour, it pumps 825 gallons. divided by your tank volume of 110 gallon, your turn overrate is 7.5x/hour.

this thread getting off topic.....start a new thread in the proper section. i will close this thread

• SRC Member

if u use the 1262 its 7.5x turnover..

825 gallons per hour. means every hour, it pumps 825 gallons. divided by your tank volume of 110 gallon, your turn overrate is 7.5x/hour.

that seems kinda low but what you think? seen alot of ppl using this

• Senior Reefer

that seems kinda low but what you think? seen alot of ppl using this

dont forget once your rocks go in everything, your volume will be less than 110 g