Anthais

• SRC Member

Have a mixture of dispar,purple queen,square spot and sunburst in 3 x 2.5 x 2 with no problems. Not sure about Bartlett and Carberry mixing with Dispar as they look quite the same... Generally don't see them as very aggressive fishes, chase here and there but no serious damage done....

• SRC Member

Have a mixture of dispar,purple queen,square spot and sunburst in 3 x 2.5 x 2 with no problems. Not sure about Bartlett and Carberry mixing with Dispar as they look quite the same... Generally don't see them as very aggressive fishes, chase here and there but no serious damage done....

thought like to chase =.= sunburst and dispar and purple queen not very aggressive i like purple queen^^

• SRC Member

Yup.. Surprisingly i never had problem with Seafans before.. =P

HL!!! cursed turned it black fan!!! btw any idea where to get fish tank cheap with sump and overflow?

HL!!! cursed turned it black fan!!! btw any idea where to get fish tank cheap with sump and overflow?

:chair: :chair: :chair:

How cheap is considered cheap.. Kelatan lane tank maker... Used to make my sump there...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

anthias wun chase each other if the tank is big enough. in a small tank, mixing too many species sometimes can cause some unhappyness.

but generally for anthias, is not too problematic.

but males of the same species may fight and kill each other. good example is bartletts.

• SRC Member

anthias wun chase each other if the tank is big enough. in a small tank, mixing too many species sometimes can cause some unhappyness.

but generally for anthias, is not too problematic.

but males of the same species may fight and kill each other. good example is bartletts.

yea chase one of my anthais to jump out =.=so is 3by2by2 is good?

• Senior Reefer

yea chase one of my anthais to jump out =.=so is 3by2by2 is good?

3 2 2 is a fairly basic size and large enough to keep anthias. but not too many.

i would only keep 3-4 maaaaaaaaaaaybe 5 (but that's abit of a stretch), anthias in a tank this size. take into consideration that they grow and need lots of swimming space.

3 2 2 is a fairly basic size and large enough to keep anthias. but not too many.

i would only keep 3-4 maaaaaaaaaaaybe 5 (but that's abit of a stretch), anthias in a tank this size. take into consideration that they grow and need lots of swimming space.

I think can go way more than that.. Max to 10? Anyway I am a believer of overstocking as long as you can keep aggression to minimal and water quality up to optimal... =P

Member of:

• SRC Member

I think can go way more than that.. Max to 10? Anyway I am a believer of overstocking as long as you can keep aggression to minimal and water quality up to optimal... =P

LOL me now got 8 in my 2ft tank =X either way now sourcing for tank maker and all the price is like wow and WOW =.=

LOL me now got 8 in my 2ft tank =X either way now sourcing for tank maker and all the price is like wow and WOW =.=

Weeyang has good price also.. Try Vincent from Aquarium Artist... See if they have any chance of working within your budget.. 1-2k for a new tank set is not unusual...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

trust me you will be bored with 10 anthias after awhile. and when you want to catch to sell, very difficult.

plus, 10 anthias means your choices of other livestock will be very limited.

i reccomend 3-4 anthias. like that still got space to play other livestock.

• Senior Reefer

8 anthias in a 2ft is pushing it too far.............

sell some...

• SRC Member

trust me you will be bored with 10 anthias after awhile. and when you want to catch to sell, very difficult.

plus, 10 anthias means your choices of other livestock will be very limited.

i reccomend 3-4 anthias. like that still got space to play other livestock.

hope will not ba =( so far so good ^^ cause also no money to play with the fishes i like =(

• SRC Member

Weeyang has good price also.. Try Vincent from Aquarium Artist... See if they have any chance of working within your budget.. 1-2k for a new tank set is not unusual...

bro can sms me the number and name thanks^^

either way found for a 3ft by 2.5ft by 2ft tank what should be the thickness of the glass?

• Senior Reefer

bro can sms me the number and name thanks^^

either way found for a 3ft by 2.5ft by 2ft tank what should be the thickness of the glass?

at least 12mm. but 15mm if you can afford is better.

• SRC Member

8 anthias in a 2ft is pushing it too far.............

sell some...

nope will transfer over to this new tank once its up though it not gonna be in a few months to come =.=