How to safely remove anemone from its attached rock?

i bought an anemone for my clown and it was an absolute joy watching the clown snuggle up to the anemone and chasing other fishes away when they wandered a tad too close to its home.

however, while messing around with the scape in my tank, i accidentally bumped into the two rocks the anemone had adhered to and when one fell, it tore the anemone apart!!

i have since removed it, but my clown seems so sad now, wandering around in the tank seemingly looking for its home.

i would like to get another anemone for it, but would like to know if there is any technique to removing the anemone from a position that is potentially dangerous (like between 2 rocks)?

• Senior Reefer

if the anemone is wedge deeeeeeeeeep into a rock, it's very difficult to impossible.

if the entire food is within reach and sight, use a blunt tool like a to gently "lift" the food and let it retract.

• SRC Member

try directing some some flow directly at the anemone..

i did that when i wanted to "force" my anemone to move..

they'll feel uncomfortable with the flow directing at them and will slowly move away..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft: