My seahorse tank

allantang

• SRC Member

Chameleon SH??

^_^ i gotten it orange n was using T8 lights.. last month, i changed to maxspect 110w. its color start to change progressively. not sure is bcos of the stronger lights or it decides it wan to look brighter.. :P all other parameters are the same.

:whistle orh i added in too many colorful corals...

• SRC Member

:lol: ... i'm also is surprised.. all the while i thought SH will go back to its orginal color...

I wanted to get male redi from LCK201.. but they won't wan to selll

Yes, he just wanna avoid ppl buy his h.reidi to breeding n sell in Singapore, and he heard there r some ppl already trying to breed his ponies... Well, to protect this wild h. reidi I think reidi lovers must well look for captive bred sources, they r more easy to feed too.

• SRC Member

Yes, he just wanna avoid ppl buy his h.reidi to breeding n sell in Singapore, and he heard there r some ppl already trying to breed his ponies... Well, to protect this wild h. reidi I think reidi lovers must well look for captive bred sources, they r more easy to feed too.

oh.. dont think he can do it for long if ppl really wan reidi.. might do more good to the nature if more ppl starts to breed. afterall, is an endangered species..

wonder if SH will cross breed...

• SRC Member

Extract from a web link below:

"Seahorses are truly the chameleons of the sea with a propensity for changing color in response to a wide range of environmental factors, hormonal influences, and behavioral interactions. Hippocampus has exceptional visual acuity and color plays a vital role in every part of the seahorse's life. Seahorses rely on color changes throughout their elaborate courtship displays to express their emotional state and well being, to signal submission and dominance when competing for mates and as a sign of recognition during their daily greeting rituals and other social interactions, as well for their very safety in order to conceal themselves from their enemies."

For full articule.. read here: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/volume_4/V4I1/hippocampus_color/Color_In_Hippocampus.htm

• SRC Member

more recent pictures.. i kinda like the last pict. It gives the feeling that it wants to be alone.. Kinda like "i'm depress, just leave me alone.." emotion.. haha.. and the style that it sat on the rock.. looks so elegant.

it real life, its looking for food..

post-4231-041512200 1290740589_thumb.jpg

post-4231-082239100 1290740607_thumb.jpg

post-4231-033887300 1290740642_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

yap I useed to...But will start back eventually...when I got the time..lol

Btw do chk this link ...why i say goby is a NO No in seahorse tank..

My personal exp...

another forum/forums/index.php?showtopic=4462&hl=woverine

erm... i can't open this link.. >.<

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

thanks.. friends.gif that zoa is from u. It is mutilplying very fast.. n grown bigger in diameter too. i like the crab like icon in the zoa.. thanks..

yea its been multiplying fast in my tank.. i surely frag it and if any reefer come, i might give that as a door gift.. heee

more recent pictures.. i kinda like the last pict. It gives the feeling that it wants to be alone.. Kinda like "i'm depress, just leave me alone.." emotion.. haha.. and the style that it sat on the rock.. looks so elegant.

it real life, its looking for food..

Haha...wonderful shot and comes with such nice description bro ! :welldone:

I think when i am depress, i look just like that too :upsidedown:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...