Post Cycling Help

Hi to all bros.

I need some help or advice for my post cycling. I just completed my cycling with Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 20. If i'm not wrong the cycling is done right? However i would like to cycle for another 2 weeks if my patience permits me. Within these extra 2 weeks of cycling, there is no more market prawns for the bateria, so will the bacteria still grow even more or remain the same or die off? Is these 2 extra weeks of cycling advisable? and let's say if it is good, is there anything i need to add or improve?

Sorry for bothering u bros here. Advices would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! :yahoo:

• Senior Reefer

Hi to all bros.

I need some help or advice for my post cycling. I just completed my cycling with Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 20. If i'm not wrong the cycling is done right? However i would like to cycle for another 2 weeks if my patience permits me. Within these extra 2 weeks of cycling, there is no more market prawns for the bateria, so will the bacteria still grow even more or remain the same or die off? Is these 2 extra weeks of cycling advisable? and let's say if it is good, is there anything i need to add or improve?

Sorry for bothering u bros here. Advices would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! :yahoo:

no bother at all! this is a good question.

cycling is over. you can leave it for an extra 2 weeks to stabalise which is a very very good idea.

nope bacteria won't die. in fact, it will grow more. they will feed on the nutrients produce by living things in ur liverock.

no need to add anything.

no bother at all! this is a good question.

cycling is over. you can leave it for an extra 2 weeks to stabalise which is a very very good idea.

nope bacteria won't die. in fact, it will grow more. they will feed on the nutrients produce by living things in ur liverock.

no need to add anything.

Great. Then i will leave it for another 2 weeks and hope that i will be patient enough. At the same time grow more cope pods haha

Thanks for ur great help bro.

Cheers!!!

go for it. patience is a good trait to have in a reefer. also remember to add your livesotck to your tank in stages, begining from the hardiest critter to the most delicate one. you can use these 2 weeks to plan your stocking schedule. what corals you want in your tank and when you will get each piece.

• Senior Reefer

add the very shy fishes first followed my the most aggressive.

for angels and butterflies, add them in after at least 3 months for the tank to stabalise. butterflies, especially, are very prone to white spots. even worse than tangs.

and unlike tangs, butterflies will not gain immunity as well as tangs. so the spots will only get worse and do not subside unlike tangs and certain angels.

these 2 groups of fishes, should you want to try, are reccomended only after your tank has matured abit.

mean time, go for hardier ones first. and start with the shyest.

go for it. patience is a good trait to have in a reefer. also remember to add your livesotck to your tank in stages, begining from the hardiest critter to the most delicate one. you can use these 2 weeks to plan your stocking schedule. what corals you want in your tank and when you will get each piece.

yeah bro thanks for ur advice. Really need to plan what to put in. most likely will be tangs. cleaner set will go in first. so bit by bit slowly add 1 or 2 tangs. Mine is only a 2 ft so need to really get small tangs as not much swim space for them. so far only angel on my mind is Flame angel. Coral wise will be trying out zoas first, not much experience with corals, so will learn slowly bit by bit. Will take pics when i start to add LS. Thanks bro!

add the very shy fishes first followed my the most aggressive.

for angels and butterflies, add them in after at least 3 months for the tank to stabalise. butterflies, especially, are very prone to white spots. even worse than tangs.

and unlike tangs, butterflies will not gain immunity as well as tangs. so the spots will only get worse and do not subside unlike tangs and certain angels.

these 2 groups of fishes, should you want to try, are reccomended only after your tank has matured abit.

mean time, go for hardier ones first. and start with the shyest.

Thanks bro lemon. Yeah will add in those which is more peaceful tangs first, then those more agressive ones like PBT. Honestly i love dwarf angels alot but maybe that would be my future project and not going to add butterflies as i understand their difficult level. Cleaner set will go in first then a pair of true percula n a pair of black clown. then will stop for some time n when tank is more mature, then slowly add those more sensitive fishes. Thanks again. :)