New Tank 48" x 30" x 20"

ming69

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:rolleyes: If ya tank is wide enuff, I suggest having 3 separate 'islands' of LR instead so as to create flow for corals and swim-through for the fishes.

At the moment, it's actually 3 main pieces of LR. Will have to see how far apart to place them when they go in the tank.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

:friends: Great !...juz dun epoxy them together. U can try 1 isle in front & 2 isles behind...or 2 isles front & 1 isle behind in between to create depth.

At the moment, it's actually 3 main pieces of LR. Will have to see how far apart to place them when they go in the tank.

• SRC Member

:friends: Great !...juz dun epoxy them together. U can try 1 isle in front & 2 isles behind...or 2 isles front & 1 isle behind in between to create depth.

Don't think will epoxy them together. They can pretty much stand on their own without touching each other. Still toying with some tonga rocks, thinking to add some to make some mid tank real estate, but worry that might make it too heavy to pick up n the GO rocks might not be able to take the weight of the real rock.... :lol:

nice rockscape Ming. :) Can't wait to see it in your tank. :)

Thanks Sis! (:lol: it's good to be able to use "sis" :lol: )

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

T95 have some big tonga rocks, u can try go there see see. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

i think u can try use the foam spray if u dun intend to rescape the rocks...

Actually, hubby did buy me a bottle of foam spray. But I don't have sand :lol: or the epoxy.

So I just gather all the flat rocks I have and try to fit them onto the GO rocks, then use that Shelley epoxy to hold them together. This time the epoxy is quite easy to use and hardens relatively fast.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

think u better have a more stable based else ur wrasse be making a mrt tunnel below..

Think only the middle piece might not be as stable as the 2 on the sides. Will check stablity again. Anyways the rocks will go in before sand, should be safe from tunnels.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Sis MINgggggggggggg when are you gonna go coral therapy to fill up the coral real estate which I see is gonna be LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS... let me know! I love sharing in other people's Coral therapy. HAHAHAHA

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Hi Sis Ming,

Nice rock scape, cute baby (your avatar)..

where did you get the foam spray from?? and what brand is it??

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Nice rock scaping work, sis! I always like the unclutered look. You'll have a lot of bottom space for yr meaty LPS :cheers: Are the 1st and 2nd pic options? If they are, I prefer the 1st one.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Sis MINgggggggggggg when are you gonna go coral therapy to fill up the coral real estate which I see is gonna be LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS... let me know! I love sharing in other people's Coral therapy. HAHAHAHA

No coral therapy just yet cos new tank is not done. Altho that's didn't stop me going to GO earlier today. LOL!!!

Got some yumas, giving myself the excuse that the yumas will go to my son's nano tank. But the nano is not filled with water yet! Hahaha!!

Hi Sis Ming,

Nice rock scape, cute baby (your avatar)..

where did you get the foam spray from?? and what brand is it??

Hubby got the foam spray from hardware shop. For this type of foam spray, you will have to seal it with liquid epoxy and sand.

To save the hassle for that, other option is to use the black foam, think bro Terryz used that.

Nice rock scaping work, sis! I always like the unclutered look. You'll have a lot of bottom space for yr meaty LPS :cheers: Are the 1st and 2nd pic options? If they are, I prefer the 1st one.

Thanks Belle. There's no 1st or 2nd options, just front n back. It'll be a partition tank.

Sis Ming

You are using the fake liverock right? perhaps you may want to consider securing it down with cable tie or something like what we did as when you fill it with water... it will float! :P

Don't think the fake rocks will have chance to float, cos they are weighed down by real rocks. But when they are filled with water, they don't float anymore. The fake ones in my current tank are not tied as well, so far ok.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Still waiting for new tank. Hope it'll come some time next week.....

Anyway, I broke the main piece of the initial scape so I took the whole thing apart and start over.

Here's the first piece I did this morning. :)

post-5641-0-86765400-1298865710_thumb.jp

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Still waiting for new tank. Hope it'll come some time next week.....

Anyway, I broke the main piece of the initial scape so I took the whole thing apart and start over.

Here's the first piece I did this morning. :)

awesome scape sis! :thumbsup:

inspired by John Ciotti's "upside down reef" ? kudos to bro ambystoma for this picture:

post-9599-0-59305800-1298866484_thumb.jp