help id

Please help id the following plant/algae that just appeared and grew to my live rocks in the span of 6 months from the time I started this tank.

1. very soft like tissue paper

DSC_08706106.jpg

2. very bright red

DSC_11816416.jpg

3. like pcs of cut straw , maroon or purple

DSC_13046539.jpg

4. like plant roots but red

DSC_13066541.jpg

5. small red bubbles

DSC_84503727.jpg

6. yellow plant - bit hard

DSC_11826417.jpg

7. not a fern caulerpa

DSC_13216556.jpg

All are guesses... The best I can do...

1. Kallymenia sp.

2. Looks like Gracilaria curtissae

3. Gracilaria sp.???

4. Gracilaria sp.??? Should be the same as no.3

5. Botryocladia sp.??? Botryocladia madagascariensis???

6. Fucus serratus

7. Caulerpa verticillata

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:blink: thats amazing.

perhaps you could start a marine planted tank theme. you can't imagine how much people wanted to have a setup like yours but cant.

:thumbsup:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

still trying to setup a planted tank to take care of my excess posphate and nitrate. I guess my setup is really laden with nutrient as various algaes are growing up. I only added the caulerpa but the rest just appeared from liverocks including the ulva,

Here is the FTS, nothing special just want to enjoy the hobby but not spending too much.

DSC_10666300.jpg

• SRC Member

Interesting setup. Reefing without spending too much is really hard to do. Have fun!

It's interesting how the macroalgae was able to thrive while microalgae not able to take a foothold. Loads and loads of green bubble algae! wacko.gif

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)