Captive raised Chaetodon bennetti?

• SRC Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

These five have seen success of reefers keeping them alive, Local and Oversea.. But mostly in a FOWLR tank...

Chaetodon baronessa

Chaetodon larvatus

Chaetodon bennetti

Chaetodon ornatissimus

Chaetodon plebeius

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

These five have seen success of reefers keeping them alive, Local and Oversea.. But mostly in a FOWLR tank...

Chaetodon baronessa

Chaetodon larvatus

Chaetodon bennetti

Chaetodon ornatissimus

Chaetodon plebeius

but very difficult right? how many success stories compared to the number of failure? i mean for every 1 that survives, 40 die? haha.

sometimes is not wether can or cannot, is worth or not. that's why i say sometimes better left in the sea.

but i'm very curious and exited at the same time to know that ornate has been done successfully!! it's really one of the nicest of the lot.

• Senior Reefer

here's a video of ornate feeding on mashed up pellets! it looks very big though. not sure if it will adapt to the pellets, or will end up dying of nutritional deficiencies

the octofasciatus and baronessa is also feeding on pellets in the video

but very difficult right? how many success stories compared to the number of failure? i mean for every 1 that survives, 40 die? haha.

sometimes is not wether can or cannot, is worth or not. that's why i say sometimes better left in the sea.

but i'm very curious and exited at the same time to know that ornate has been done successfully!! it's really one of the nicest of the lot.

Ornate only one i think or is it Meyeri? LOL.. One of these species...

The number of success stories known can count with 1 hand... LOL... But there might be more not recorded one..

Baronessa and Larvatus is the more easier one to feed but with constant training and feeding..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Ornate only one i think or is it Meyeri? LOL.. One of these species...

The number of success stories known can count with 1 hand... LOL... But there might be more not recorded one..

Baronessa and Larvatus is the more easier one to feed but with constant training and feeding..

yes. the ratio of success to failure is 1 to a thousand. for everyone that survive, hundreds more die.

larvatus is really nice. seldom see though.

yes. the ratio of success to failure is 1 to a thousand. for everyone that survive, hundreds more die.

larvatus is really nice. seldom see though.

Not tat much lar... Maybe 1:100...

Larvatus is from Red Sea Shipment..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Not tat much lar... Maybe 1:100...

Larvatus is from Red Sea Shipment..

haha yah exaggerating nia.

yes larvatus from red sea. alot of very nice butterflies from red sea. like larvatus, paucifasciatus and melapturus.

melapturus is really striking. black and yellow. never see before though...

post-15755-12761838119591_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12761838230283_thumb.jpg

haha yah exaggerating nia.

yes larvatus from red sea. alot of very nice butterflies from red sea. like larvatus, paucifasciatus and melapturus.

melapturus is really striking. black and yellow. never see before though...

Eh, You should be studying right... LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Eh, You should be studying right... LOL...

applied microbiology giving me damn massive headache.

the number of bacteria scientific names i have to remember is like... 50+!?!?

along with all the freaking antibiotics, differential tests. omg...

why can't it be on fish

applied microbiology giving me damn massive headache.

the number of bacteria scientific names i have to remember is like... 50+!?!?

along with all the freaking antibiotics, differential tests. omg...

why can't it be on fish

LOL... Tml I will be free... If you going down Pasir Ris let me know... Give me a call or sms.. :thumbsup:

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

LOL... Tml I will be free... If you going down Pasir Ris let me know... Give me a call or sms.. :thumbsup:

ok. i going str8 to iwarna after my paper. check out their declivis still there or not. if its the yellow marquesas variant i want.

i let u know tmr.

ok. i going str8 to iwarna after my paper. check out their declivis still there or not. if its the yellow marquesas variant i want.

i let u know tmr.

I might get the angel we saw just now.. Did a search one it...

Member of:

• SRC Member

I feel that those specimen shouldn't be imported in as many has already proven that it cannot survive in captivity.

That's the only way to prevent innocent live kill n the only way in saving Gaia...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• Senior Reefer

I feel that those specimen shouldn't be imported in as many has already proven that it cannot survive in captivity.

That's the only way to prevent innocent live kill n the only way in saving Gaia...

sad to say. we cannot control what comes in and what doesn't. like i told you before, supplier send the lfs just take.

• SRC Member

sad to say. we cannot control what comes in and what doesn't. like i told you before, supplier send the lfs just take.

Ya u told me b4... I think the LFS got to laise with the supplier n refrain from what LS to come in etc...

It's time la I would say. Time to do something Liao

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!