My 1.5 ft Reef log II

the blastos, brains and pratas still look delicious...as for the rest, go to the farms.

the blastos are at an offer of 3 for $100.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh that's ex alr. standard should be 4 for 100. That's their usual promo (:

lol.... guess everyone is waiting for that => thats why they have so many in stock still.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

update:

Will be getting my Rox 8.0 carbon, new mini filter sock (4"x6") tomorrow from Bulk Order King.

will post some pics tml once i get them.

went down with siang,moss,karl today...

all of us went off empty handed.... lol.... so you know the answer liao....

I am very very selective when I head there now, else kenna chop carrot head like nothing.

saw some common zoas there seliing for 5 red notes (special discounted price) ... my goodness .... east LFS selling those for 1 green note only.....

a lot of the LS also seem to be very old stock... health already declining quite badly already.....

would suggest you save the trip and head to east or west better.

We can't simply judge and compare the price for the corals with every LFS as every shop / business has their own running cost in the importing , handling, Cites permit and running cost ect... Although similar corals maybe imported but their selling prices varies due to the quality of their live stocks/ corals place of collection, shipping, handling ect..

Some of the live stocks or corals is being quarantine and stabilize prior to sales / shipment to ensure the quality of the corals, and these will result in additional running cost to their products as well .

• SRC Member

jacky...

i'm waiting here for pictures............ :D

actually when u called me at around 5plus,

and u said u left LCK 2hours ago,

i realise i was also at LCK around 3plus...

not sure if i came before or after you guys...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

We can't simply judge and compare the price for the corals with every LFS as every shop / business has their own running cost in the importing , handling, Cites permit and running cost ect... Although similar corals maybe imported but their selling prices varies due to the quality of their live stocks/ corals place of collection, shipping, handling ect..

Some of the live stocks or corals is being quarantine and stabilize prior to sales / shipment to ensure the quality of the corals, and these will result in additional running cost to their products as well .

Think I was a little insensitive when I posted that post..... To a certain extend, I do agree with you and in all fairness, they do have a nice collection of blastos. A good hunting ground for SPS too. But I have touched on quite a sensitive & touchy topic, so better let me head back to my tank topic :P

jacky...

i'm waiting here for pictures............ :D

actually when u called me at around 5plus,

and u said u left LCK 2hours ago,

i realise i was also at LCK around 3plus...

not sure if i came before or after you guys...

We were there before you bro. We had fun today... wish you were with us.

How can I not have photo updates... haha.

1st stop at Irwana:

Hairy mushroom.... I do not like mushies in my tank due to strong flow by the MP10 but this gorgeous was too nice to be passed. whole rock of this (approx 8 polyps) was going at less than 2 red !

finally found a small decent size lumi green torch. less than 3 red.

yumas with blue based and yumas with green base..... wub.gif . Whole rock of 7, 8 polyps less than 3 reds.

not the exotic ones that Siang and Peter bought.... but guess I have simple taste

new addition to the crew...... groupwavereversed.gif

needed something blue and this fella completed the colours of the other members sooooooo well thumbsup.gif

Comycus and I took quite some time to choose this fella..... one of the smaller ones and the colour is so vibrant! he was displaying great character.

ThanxSmiley.gif Comy. Awesome recommendation.

Was a little worried he will get bullied by the FA but he was able to hold his ground. in less than an hour, the FA was leaving him alone already ..haha.....

The other concern was feeding ... he just landed yesterday so was not sure if he's a healthy specimen but took the risk, bite the bullet and bought him. AhSiang said he took a nip at the henry's food when I flooded the tank... so hopefully he will do well.

Last pic of the day:

cleaned up the algae on the tank wall today.

well, new additions always equate to messy FTS.

Will tidy them up on sunday when my wife returns and I can hands off my kids and do my long overdue WC! groupwavereversed.gif

all comments welcome!

• SRC Member

We were there before you bro. We had fun today... wish you were with us.

u guys damn on..

how i wish next time when i work i can still chiong LFS like you guys.. haha..

i always cant seem to join you guys cos i only decide to go LFS only at the very last min..

cos i do help out my parents with delivery in the day, so timing very inconsistent.. haha..

actually planned on heading down to the East today,

but last min couldnt.. and i could only make time for one LFS..

so i chose LCK cos i heard there were nice FA there..

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

Last pic of the day:

well additions always equate to messy FTS.

Will tidy them up on sunday when my wife returns and I can hands off my kids and do my long overdue WC! groupwavereversed.gif

all comments welcome!

your tank is beautifully completed already... :thumbsup:

p.s: i think you should clear up your sandbed abit.. it'll look neater :wub:

Carpe Diem~!!!

i think your tank is beautifully completed already... :thumbsup:

p.s: i think you should clear up your sandbed abit.. it'll look neater :wub:

ThanxSmiley.gif

yup roger that... will clean up the sandbed asap ......

• Senior Reefer

new addition to the crew...... groupwavereversed.gif

needed something blue and this fella completed the colours of the other members sooooooo well thumbsup.gif

Comycus and I took quite some time to choose this fella..... one of the smaller ones and the colour is so vibrant! he was displaying great character.

ThanxSmiley.gif Comy. Awesome recommendation.

Was a little worried he will get bullied by the FA but he was able to hold his ground. in less than an hour, the FA was leaving him alone already ..haha.....

The other concern was feeding ... he just landed yesterday so was not sure if he's a healthy specimen but took the risk, bite the bullet and bought him. AhSiang said he took a nip at the henry's food when I flooded the tank... so hopefully he will do well.

queen angels are extremely aggressive as they age. they're definitely more aggressive than damsels. your flame angel won't be bothering him for long.

good luck..

• SRC Member

queen angels are extremely aggressive as they age. they're definitely more aggressive than damsels. your flame angel won't be bothering him for long.

good luck..

In other word, he should be more worried about the rest?

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Senior Reefer

In other word, he should be more worried about the rest?

a queen angel regardless of size should not even be in a 1.5ft tank like some of us mentioned earlier already.

it's a risky decision to make. so i hope everything will turn out ok.

the only advantage i would say here is that since it's a juvenile, it's aggressiveness may or may not be so developed yet.

but juvenile queens can be a bit challenging depending on specimen to specimen