Wavemaker

DUCADOS

• SRC Member

Was told different brand of wavemaker produce different power even if specs stated is the same.

True?

E.g was told K4 (4000l/h) has the same l/h as sun sun 5000l/h wavemaker?true?

If its true means brand does effect the performance?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

it'll have abit of different but won't be that much.

main thing is that the motor may last longer, and the wave may also have a better direction of flow.

and those better one will be those DC type which able to control

hmm. there are a lot of factors affecting wavemaker performance. not just the brand. age, condition....

the only thing i know about this matter is that 'premium' wavemakers usually operate at or close to their stated flowrate while 'cheap' wavemakers may not operate at their stated flowrate (be it higher or lower).

imho, the main advantage of getting a 'premium' wavemaker is not the flowrate issue you mentioned, but the quality. a cheap sunsun wavemaker may break down in 3 months but a hydor wavemaker has a 1 year warranty and will stay with you for a long time if you clean it often.

a wavemaker, like your skimmer is an essential part of your tank that will stay with you throught your tank's life, so ya the choice between a premium and a cheap wavemaker is quite obvious if you have the cash to spare. my 2 cents worth.

• SRC Member

Abit is like how much?

So meaning wun be so extraggerating till the extend whereby got 1000l/h different?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Great! Thanks for the info..

So any good brand to recommend?

• SRC Member

for me i'm using an resun wavemaker with a sun sun 12000L look at my topic of 6ft tank

Okok... Will go have a look thanks.

But isn't 12000 a bit scary?

• SRC Member

Was told different brand of wavemaker produce different power even if specs stated is the same.

True?

E.g was told K4 (4000l/h) has the same l/h as sun sun 5000l/h wavemaker?true?

If its true means brand does effect the performance?

No, a 5000 l/hr Sun Sun is not comparable to K4 at all.

I an still using 4 K4 and 1 12000 l/hr Sun Sun (2 heads one). Considering the 12000 is divided by 2, they are still 6000 l/hr. Its still not comparable to the K4. I made a mistake of getting these Sun Sun wavemakers when 2 K4 broke. Then I realised putting at same position, not matter how I face it, red algae and diatoms are growing at the further end of the tank. I'm pretty sure its dead spots. Once I changed back to the K4, algaes got blown away and gone..

IMO China brand's pumps are always overrated. When the state 2000 l/hr, it might only be 2/3 of that or even half. Not to mention, their wattage is much higher and heat is mostly a problem.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

No, a 5000 l/hr Sun Sun is not comparable to K4 at all.

I an still using 4 K4 and 1 12000 l/hr Sun Sun (2 heads one). Considering the 12000 is divided by 2, they are still 6000 l/hr. Its still not comparable to the K4. I made a mistake of getting these Sun Sun wavemakers when 2 K4 broke. Then I realised putting at same position, not matter how I face it, red algae and diatoms are growing at the further end of the tank. I'm pretty sure its dead spots. Once I changed back to the K4, algaes got blown away and gone..

IMO China brand's pumps are always overrated. When the state 2000 l/hr, it might only be 2/3 of that or even half. Not to mention, their wattage is much higher and heat is mostly a problem.

Ya lo. That's wat I'm trying to say lo.

• SRC Member

u click on to my name and than go click topic

wow la u'll start seeing alot of topic start by me thereafter find the 6ft tank thread i started

I've clicked your name n I've clicked topic. But I dun c alot of topic started by u only got 1 which is the give away goby lo.

Pls enlighten. Thanks...