My girl's 1 ft nano cube

My girl has always wanted a tank and has been talking to me about it for some time.

I took the plunge and bought my girl a miniature tank.

Just a 1 feet cube glass tank.

A bit worried now cause my wife is not back yet and has not seen it ..... *gulp........

I could be sleeping in the park tonight as she has always been against it.

Anyway.... its going to be a simple tank.

minimum scape. maybe just 2 - 3 small rocks.

A thin layer of sand and 2 - 3 nano fishes of her choice.

She will be the one responsible for feeding the fishes and "helping out" with the husbandry chores.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Frag tank say frag tank lor.

no lah... it is not lah... haha....... really my girl's tank to keep her fishes.

trying to make her adopt this as her main hobby then next time can do more things together.....

NOT FRAG TANK!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

This is going to be a skimmerless, chillerless bare body tank.

Only the essential HOB filter and LED.

Here's the HOB

When the cartridge runs out, I will be modding them to use polyfilter and ROX 8.o carbon :)

simple simple light.....

I heard there's blue LEDs in this model. nice!

Basket *]%}+]#%\=##.

I bring my girl to bed 1st, later then come back to *]^}%#]*}¥.€|^|[]*#. U guys

Cool! Can't wait to see your frag tank! Lol!

cool.. so are you gonna use egg crate for your frag tank? or are you going to buy the proper frag holder? :idea:

Black egg crate > white egg crate -_-

Lol.. you sure the lights are sufficient for your frags?

OK, let me try for the last time .... this is not a frag tank !!! Its a gobies aquarium

Hope you live past your wifey's wrath... :fear:

just had a 1st wave just now......

survived it.... kekeke..... she took it better than I expected....

I think should be alright soon.

just pamper her a bit more these few days .... buy food she likes, prepare drink for her, ask her a few doting question.... then settle already ..... thumbsup.gif

This is the tank itself.... looks a bit thin though.

Better check with CFoH the thickness recommendations for a a 1 ft cube.

• SRC Member

lol, jacky, guess you should upload a picture of your girl with the tank, :cheers: how old is she anyway?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

hmm jus saw your tank.. i've got a mini boyu venturi skimmer, jus that it's a bit loose, else it works fine. can pass it to u if u like :upsidedown:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

But the progress of this tank will be real slow.

She will be involve in the whole set up...... and weekly maintenance.

So i cannot just do it. Need to wait for my wife to cool down and then for my girl to do these things while i help her.

She just asked me about the white sand in out bedtime chit chat.... lol....

and she wants 3 rocks in her tank.

lol, jacky, guess you should upload a picture of your girl with the tank, :cheers: how old is she anyway?

hmm jus saw your tank.. i've got a mini boyu venturi skimmer, jus that it's a bit loose, else it works fine. can pass it to u if u like :upsidedown:

Hi Milch,

She has just turned 4. Her photo is actually on the 1st or second page of my other tank thread.

yeah the boyu will work fine if you don't need it.

she will probably ask me why her tank does not have a skimmer once it is set up.... lol

• SRC Member

just had a 1st wave just now......

survived it.... kekeke..... she took it better than I expected....

I think should be alright soon.

just pamper her a bit more these few days .... buy food she likes, prepare drink for her, ask her a few doting question.... then settle already ..... thumbsup.gif

Perhaps giving her LoVe will help reduce sofa nights? :eyebrow:

You should have just gone for an ADA tank... once your daughter's interest wears off, it'll turn into your frag tank! :idea: Come on, its a matter of time!

• SRC Member

sent ya pm to arrange~

You should have just gone for an ADA tank... once your daughter's interest wears off, it'll turn into your frag tank! :idea: Come on, its a matter of time!

Bro, ADA tank is 3 digit lah...... this is a low budget tank!

Oops. Pai Sei. It was just meant to be a joke.

Always nice to see a new setup. What more for a 4yr old. Good bonding hobby!

+1 for being such a thoughtful parent!

lol.... no worries lah bro. not offended at all.

just bantering with you.

I am Ray-trained. not soooooo petty.

you should get one for your boy soon :P