ANTHIAS TANK!!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Ever wondered what's its like to have a 24/7 continuous dripping of food into your reef tank so you can keep tons of anthias and non-photosynthetic corals? check this video out. food is dripped whole day so anthias can feed continuously like in the wild. the over abundance of food is also perfect for the sun corals and gorgonians!

anyone want to take up this challenge for their next tank? :eyebrow:

Ever wondered what's its like to have a 24/7 continuous dripping of food into your reef tank so you can keep tons of anthias and non-photosynthetic corals? check this video out. food is dripped whole day so anthias can feed continuously like in the wild. the over abundance of food is also perfect for the sun corals and gorgonians!

anyone want to take up this challenge for their next tank? :eyebrow:

Deepwater NPS tank has always been my dream, but it jux proves too hard to replicate and maintain for average hobbyists like me. Below are three more top-notch NPS tanks for those who've not seen them:

Michael Lukaczyns

Pieter Van Suijlekoms

Mariusz

• SRC Member

hi lemon, i setting up another tank, cycling oni starts today, actually tinking of oni anthias,

so for at 2ft cube, pls advice

wats the most numbers of anthias i can keep? tinking of getting a sch of those, thx :ThanxSmiley:

• Senior Reefer

a 2ft cube is too small for a school of anthias. a few is fine but if you want the real oomph! of having a school, 2ft cube is too small.

and just to be clear, most anthias are difficult to keep. the one you saw in the video is almost impossible by normal reefing standards. the purple queen anthias featured in the video requires intensive feeding of various foods, which most of us cannot provide.

the easier anthias for new reefers to try would be bartlett (easiest IMO), dispar and blue eye.

• Senior Reefer

what the WC schedule like for this nps tank.

this is a huge tank located in steinhart's aquarium in the california academy of science. the place is runned by marine biologists etc if i'm not wrong. can read more on glassbox design.

for all you know the tank is connected to the ocean. like most large scale aquariums. but i'm not sure, it could only be a guess.

We have a NPS pioneers among us - Ultimate Reef TOTM Nov 2009, Grumpydwarf is also know as SLCW to many of us and resides in KL. I usually pay him a visit when I am there.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381