Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

icic, anyway in tt case u'll have some exclusivity since there's not many butterfly enthusiast :D

there are a few.

my friend bigbigfish also has a declivis.

declivis is beautiful but is not as highly sought after as the tinker's butterfly or the mitratus butterfly.

both are more beautiful and equally hardy.

• SRC Member

hmm mitratus butterfly is nice though, any idea what's the rough price for a 2- 3 inch ? assuming if they do come in this size

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

hmm mitratus butterfly is nice though, any idea what's the rough price for a 2- 3 inch ? assuming if they do come in this size

mitratus is gorgeous. the beautiful rich yellow body and the black bands are very nice in person.

i bought one before but it died after a few weeks. but it died because of problems upon arrival, and had nothing to do with the hardiness of this fish.

the price varies, from slightly below 200 to slighty above. depends on which LFS you buy from of course. some LFS can sell up to 300.

they usually come in around the same size as my declivis. seldom smaller, but i've seen 1-2 inch specimens before.

• Senior Reefer

there's actually a 6th member for the roaops genus. i've posted before.

but the 6th member is so ridiculously rare that no specimen has ever been collected and only one picture of it. it has only been seen once and never seen again. that's how rare it is.

so for simplicity sake, people never talk about the 6th member. in fact, almost no one knows this existed. i happen to chance upon it in a book.

Chaetodon (roaops) guyotensis.

post-15755-064874400 1286128552.txt

• Senior Reefer

i made a video of my tank. there's still not much corals so pardon the empty look.

hope you like it.

sorry for the low quality. you can watch in 480p if you don't mind the slight lag.

i made a video of my tank. there's still not much corals so pardon the empty look.

hope you like it.

sorry for the low quality. you can watch in 480p if you don't mind the slight lag.

this is one of the few videos I ever sat through! nice video lemon! hahaha

however I want to ask you, what wavemakers do you have in your tank besides the 2 x 6105? :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

mei you see dao either way very clear le ma and its nice !

thanks.

too bad not all the fishes cooperated and showed up in the video. :P

and too little corals. does it look like a FOWLR?

• Senior Reefer

this is one of the few videos I ever sat through! nice video lemon! hahaha

however I want to ask you, what wavemakers do you have in your tank besides the 2 x 6105? :)

the main flow created is from the 2 returns by the 1264 and also the 2 x 6105.

i have a 6045 and 6025 for dead spots. these are 2 small wavemakers from my old tank. don't want to sell so i use for dead spots.

i also have a 6055 but it's with RD for repair.

i still think flow is not enough so i'm still thinking of adding another bigger wavemaker.

hope you like it.

That roseafaciscia is a PIG... So thick and fat...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

That roseafaciscia is a PIG... So thick and fat...

its a pig and a gangster.

this is not even half the size it can grow up to lor.

roseafascia attain max size at 9 inches including the long tail. mine is only just starting to develop it's tail and will take another few months before it elongates.

the main flow created is from the 2 returns by the 1264 and also the 2 x 6105.

i have a 6045 and 6025 for dead spots. these are 2 small wavemakers from my old tank. don't want to sell so i use for dead spots.

i also have a 6055 but it's with RD for repair.

i still think flow is not enough so i'm still thinking of adding another bigger wavemaker.

wow! hahaha actually I think for now the number of wavemakers suffice. Notice how your LPS sways. They are a good sign in telling you whether flow is enough for your tank. hahaha also if you get nice PE on your sps, then that's okay too. Too much will be like my tank. Reefcrest! hoho! you see all your fishes swaying to one side! hahahaha :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

wow! hahaha actually I think for now the number of wavemakers suffice. Notice how your LPS sways. They are a good sign in telling you whether flow is enough for your tank. hahaha also if you get nice PE on your sps, then that's okay too. Too much will be like my tank. Reefcrest! hoho! you see all your fishes swaying to one side! hahahaha :P

will update with another video when the tank matures.

need to stock up on corals first.

quality SPS might be coming this weekend, says a little birdy.

tweet tweet tweet... :whistle

• SRC Member

Nice video LemonX2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

will update with another video when the tank matures.

need to stock up on corals first.

quality SPS might be coming this weekend, says a little birdy.

tweet tweet tweet... :whistle

hahahaha what corals you looking for? want some chalice? I got 2 I really want to trade off for something else. Anything except mushies. hahaha :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

hahahaha what corals you looking for? want some chalice? I got 2 I really want to trade off for something else. Anything except mushies. hahaha :)

no chalices.

i absolutely dislike them.

i like big soft corals or LPS that sway and give the tank a more harmonious look.

softies i like

- xenia

- yellow fijian sarcophyton

- nephthea

- capnella

- cespitularia

- tubipora musica

- i like GSP also but i'm not adding them since my hammer and octo are already so green. as you can see from the video my tank is in dire need of anything else BUT green.

LPS

- euphyllia because they're so flowy and nice.

- lobophyllia. funny, i dislike meaty corals like prata and brains, but lobos are just so nice.

- cataphyllia jardinei, otherwise known as the elegance coral. also have a soft spot for this.

because of my choice of fish (butterflis/angels), i cannot keep too many LPS. i'm only restricted to elegance and euphyllias because they are very resistant to nipping. fleshy LPS like brains, prata, lobos are just buffet waiting to happen.

then for

SPS

- they all look the same, so whatever also i take. so long as colour easy to maintain and hardy. for montipora i dislike the encrusting kind.

• Senior Reefer

roseafascia wrasse is just going crazy now. flashing and terrorizing at everything!

fins turn white, pelvic fins turn dark blue and the first part of the dorsal fin turns bright yellow.

the stripe that runs from the nose to the tail turns bright blue.

roseafascia's nuptial flashing colouration is not as amazing as other fairy wrasses. but it's still thrilling to see a fairy wrasse displaying!

post-15755-049860100 1286187303_thumb.jp

post-15755-067525000 1286187307_thumb.jp