Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

NICE GREEN POCCI! I have a frag alike this. You will be surprised how resilent pocciloporas can be! You be shocked! :groupwavereversed:

Anyway bro, be careful with your carbon dosage. I know it's helpful but it can cause your water to become too clean that you will need to dump ALOT of food and nutrients just to keep your lps and xenias especially alive :) nonetheless, glad you have moved out of your algae crap! :D what brand of carbon? rowa? and remember to change it after one mth! don't be lazy k! :P:P:P:P

yes i know how resilient they are ;) if you knew how long this piece has been lying around uncared for and where, you will understand perfectly wakaka.

anyway yes i use rowa carbon and i change them monthly.

yes i know how resilient they are ;) if you knew how long this piece has been lying around uncared for and where, you will understand perfectly wakaka.

anyway yes i use rowa carbon and i change them monthly.

where? hahaha which part of irwana? LOL :P :P :P

ehhh same here! ^5! lol. how much one time? :) I am doing at 150ml per mth :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Best is to rinse with tank water and remove the dirty water contaminated with carbon dust. Replace the amount of water that have been removed with new salt mix. In hindsight, you are doing 2 things, cleaning the carbon and doing a water change.

Best is to rinse with tank water and remove the dirty water contaminated with carbon dust. Replace the amount of water that have been removed with new salt mix. In hindsight, you are doing 2 things, cleaning the carbon and doing a water change.

good idea! usually I just throw away my tank's old water. hahaha :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

:rolleyes:'Ikan Bilis' no kick...these Apogon chrysopomus will surely befit ya 'rarity' tank ! :eyebrow:

med_gallery_2609_89_18100.jpg

i keep before.

A. chrysopomus and A. sealei look very similar and kept both before. only diff is the cheek.

these are very uncommon and will need time to find. but exceptionally hardy and i've had them spawn in my tank before.

see how it goes with my parvulus first. if they all die then i'll keep chrysopomus.

my liopropoma multilineatum just lunged into the group and tried to eat one! gosh.... dunno how long they will last -.-

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

+1. Jiayou! You can do it! :D

they are all feeding very well on cyclopeeze.

they should do fine but these fishes are very fragile.

alot dont take shipping well and they lose weight very easily.

the trick to keeping them is having more. the more you have the better their chances.

also, high flow is important. from what i read on RC and elsewhere, they prefer high flow and can tolerate it pretty well. mine likes hovering infront of the tunze.

constant feeding and initially, frequent feeding is important to regain their weight loss during shipping. after that, they should be bullet prove and can be fed once or twice a day like normal cardinals. they take any foods once settled down.

the important part is get them fat first. HUFA foods like cyclopeeze is very useful.

once they survive all that, they are very hardy and bullet proof like other cardinals. there's a video of an australian reef tank with about 50 of them. gorgeous i tell you.

problem is i hope my other fish wont eat them lol. my liopropoma seems to fancy them alot but being a basslet, it does not venture out during the day when the MH is on, but prefer to swim around the safety of the rocks. very nice to see it weave in and out of the rocks.

but come night time when the lights are dim, it starts hunting. too dark it goes to sleep. the crucial timing is when the lights outside is very very dim.

so as long as i don't turn on my living room lights when my tank lights are all off at night, they should be safe.