Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

rhomboid just woke up in the morning. showing darkened colours due to stress and night time colours.

such large rhomboids almost never do well. i hope mine doesn't come up with some stupid decompression problem or other wrasse problems in the next few days.

post-15755-081661700 1283761277_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

this picture taken with flash. look at the unreal colours that shows up when the camera flash reflects off the golden scales!

unbelievable. but don't believe the colours of this photo. no rhomboid wrasse in the world have colours like this.

post-15755-016909800 1283761328_thumb.jp

this picture taken with flash. look at the unreal colours that shows up when the camera flash reflects off the golden scales!

unbelievable. but don't believe the colours of this photo. no rhomboid wrasse in the world have colours like this.

Stunning specimen. If i ever saw one like that at LFS, wallet sure come out.

• Senior Reefer

Stunning specimen. If i ever saw one like that at LFS, wallet sure come out.

i just hope don't die!!!!!!

9/10 rhomboids this size will succumb to some stupid problem sooner or later.

CROSS FINGERS

wow alot of detrius! hahaha

NICE RHOM tho! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

some pictures of my corals.

blue cespitularia. now i'm wondering which one grows faster. this one? or my xenias.

these are frags from the first cespitularia colony from LCK very long ago. the original 1.5ft tall colony melted when i was overseas. these are it's babies and they have overtaken my entire rock.

post-15755-023953000 1284361480_thumb.jp

post-15755-049913800 1284361486_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

i think xenia still win.

it's now a forest bordering the side of the rocks and will soon spread towards the middle.

can see some little cespitularia frags encroaching on the left side. they look extremely blue when viewed from the top :)

post-15755-008018000 1284361560_thumb.jp

post-15755-054931200 1284361565_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

SPS.

Valida showing very rapid growth. although not much growth from the tips, the base has fully encrusted the artificial stone in which it came from. lazy to frag it off the stone so i just left it in my tank lol... the whole stone is encrusted now yay.

colour wise i think faded a little. it's more green in the middle but the purple tips are still present.

2nd picture shows when i first got it, 1st picture show currently.

post-15755-071949100 1284361690_thumb.jp

post-15755-061131800 1284361962_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Blue tort. (picture cut off due to liverock)

growth is very slow. colouration drop alot from blue, to now green.

oh well. as long as it doesn't become brown or die, i'm ok with it.

compare with when i first got it in the 2nd picture. the blue has faded to green and only right at the tip still remain abit blue.

post-15755-052596500 1284361828_thumb.jp

post-15755-098657900 1284361998_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

2 colonies of branching hammer coral.

i love them! pardon the sandbed. it's still a little brown but the condition is MUCH better and is going away slowly after dosing zeozyme

use it spareingly as its cost a bomb as i just check with RD -,-

• Senior Reefer

wow nice sps! and xenias!

eh bro, how come your xenia their stalks are so thick? mine's like damn skinny leh! :S

nice sps meh? ok ok only lah.

luckily im not those obsessed about SPS kind. so i don't mind the drop in colour :) but the growth on the valida is encouraging.

xenias? i dunno. they just grow like weeds. but i like it though. i will only start complaining and cutting them once they run out of space to grow. which won't take long since they're on their own rock sitting in the middle of the sand.