Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

the hair algae bigger than the SPS!

my new tank too.. my bryopsis overgrowing everywhere.. :) nice meeting u the other day at iwarna btw!

• Senior Reefer

wow super nice rock anemone you have! might plan to look out if there's shipment for it.

:groupwavereversed::ThanxSmiley:

thanks!

my new tank too.. my bryopsis overgrowing everywhere.. :) nice meeting u the other day at iwarna btw!

yeah it's part of the new tank thing... i have bryopsis and hair algae everywhere too.

i occasionally meet your dad at iwarna and enjoy talking with him. nice to finally meet you in person too!

damn you look so young. and i'm like what, 18? haha! :P

• SRC Member

thanks!

yeah it's part of the new tank thing... i have bryopsis and hair algae everywhere too.

i occasionally meet your dad at iwarna and enjoy talking with him. nice to finally meet you in person too!

damn you look so young. and i'm like what, 18? haha! :P

yea man, hopefully my sea hare clears it soon so my tank can stabilise down.. haha your knowledge supercedes your age, i have much to learn from you.. btw i always check your thread, coz u always have very interesting stocking ideas, inspired me quite abit.. :)

yea man, hopefully my sea hare clears it soon so my tank can stabilise down.. haha your knowledge supercedes your age, i have much to learn from you.. btw i always check your thread, coz u always have very interesting stocking ideas, inspired me quite abit.. :)

The seahare will definitely clear up most of the hair algae... Haven seen your tank thread... When posting it up?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

The seahare will definitely clear up most of the hair algae... Haven seen your tank thread... When posting it up?

when my bryopsis problem is settled.. :) now also no corals at all..

This is exquisite variant 1.

This one is currently confined to maldives and i've seen it here a few times. but very very rare. i have owned one before. but never kept it long enough to develop it's awesome orange tail. bro greencloud has one. not sure if it's still alive with him. gorgeous he has taken a video of it flashing. saw it in real life before and it was gorgeous.

the colours are awesome. look at the tail. when flashing, the tail turns bright orange/yellow.

(top and bottom left photos show males flashing, so actual colours are the ones on the bottom right.)

Do you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniYgmy23HQ

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsmDSaZQcFE

Sad to say all 3 exquisites RIP few mths ago due to some disease outbreak ... :rip:

• Senior Reefer

Do you mean this

or this

Sad to say all 3 exquisites RIP few mths ago due to some disease outbreak ... :rip:

first one. gorgeous gorgeous! orange tail.

2nd video shows the 2 exquisite variants from indonesia. sadly IME, the colour cannot hold for long. but u had 3 terminal male exquisites inside. the colours should hold pretty well.

• Senior Reefer

thanks for checking by.

i like non conventional reef keeping. it started even back in my old thread where i had a giant softy corner, and in that, LPS, anemones, angels and butterflies cruised my tank.

conventional? nope. but so rewarding.

one picture from my past. Chaetodon (Roaops) declivis. A terribly hardy species that i will keep again in the future.

post-15755-089921300 1281582699_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

There are two distinct sub-species for C. declivis.

Chaetodon declivis declivis, and Chaetodon declivis wilderi.

The specimen i owned, showed above, is C. declivis wilderi, as observed by the large amount of black on the back of the fish.

the other subspecies, C. declivis declivis, is more yellow with no black. (shown in the photo below). Will keep a lookout for C. declivis declivis as i like the yellow more.

post-15755-052387300 1281582912_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

oh my new favourite fish.

can you spot it? it's very secretive. i love the way it swims. it just hovers around the live rocks like a little spaceship. flcking it's pelvic fins as it goes around really super cute.

for those who can't see it, i've attached an internet picture of the same fish.

it's the three spot possum wrasse. Wetmorella triocellata. Bought it with digiman at CF. a very unusual and uncommon fish. stays small, and super cute and interesting.

another seldom encountered fish and seldom owned fish.

post-15755-003697400 1281631059_thumb.jp

post-15755-021022300 1281631103_thumb.jp

oh my new favourite fish.

can you spot it? it's very secretive. i love the way it swims. it just hovers around the live rocks like a little spaceship. flcking it's pelvic fins as it goes around really super cute.

for those who can't see it, i've attached an internet picture of the same fish.

it's the three spot possum wrasse. Wetmorella triocellata. Bought it with digiman at CF. a very unusual and uncommon fish. stays small, and super cute and interesting.

another seldom encountered fish and seldom owned fish.

nice.. my favorite fish.. kept a few before...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

nice.. my favorite fish.. kept a few before...

i've never really seen them before. very uncommon, don't come many and always ppl buy very quickly.

happen to find three that day. so buy lor. first time keeping. my favourite species of the genus.

i've never really seen them before. very uncommon, don't come many and always ppl buy very quickly.

happen to find three that day. so buy lor. first time keeping. my favourite species of the genus.

This one is the nicer one of the 3 species...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

There are now four species i think, albofascaitus, triocellata, nigropinnata and tanakai.

in order of your naming.

tanakai is very dubious. looks alot like triocellata and i dunno if it's synonymous.

post-15755-033864500 1281632654_thumb.jp

post-15755-080781700 1281632665_thumb.jp

post-15755-093679300 1281632671_thumb.jp

post-15755-093739200 1281632675_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Tanakai is the newer one if not wrong... But seriously, I cant see the difference...

LOL...

thats because tanakai IS triocellata!

i just checked my wrasse book and several other internet sources.

tanakai is synonymous with triocellata.

• SRC Member

Do you mean this

or this

thats a pity Kenny, your pink face exquisites was the most beautiful ones I seen in real life.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

Update on my fiji xenia's growth.

i have 2 separate pieces. this is piece number 2.

first picture shows before. 2nd picture shows now. you can clearly see the number of "heads" increased. crazy growth.

at least 3 new "heads" on this one.

post-15755-099755300 1281780632_thumb.jp

post-15755-041476000 1281780638_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

this is xenia 1.....

growth of this is just ridiculously unbelievably sick. it has spread around my rock and formed a perimeter of xenia. growth is way faster than xenia 2. different species i think. polyp shape is different.

started from a small rock and now my entire base rock is surrounded. there are many smaller shoots underneath that i did not photograph.

i've tried fragging them for some of the people who requested. but the frags never survive. i don't know if it's my fragging skills, or if these are just too sensitive. they always melt within a few days.

however the speed of growth is fast enough to cover up any "dead heads" from my fragging. so until i manage to proprely frag and mount them, don't PM me for frags. :(

post-15755-019669100 1281780714_thumb.jp

post-15755-076921500 1281780719_thumb.jp

post-15755-085658400 1281780725_thumb.jp

post-15755-007539100 1281780731_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

2 new SPS.

A. valida and A. tortuosa if i'm not mistaken.

See how long they can last. My favourite SPSs are those cheap and common ones where no one is there to snatch from you.

photos are taken top down.

post-15755-070640900 1281798316_thumb.jp

post-15755-012564800 1281798329_thumb.jp