Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

I can lend you my rocks. I have all kinds of worms and microfauna growing! not forgetting an illusive and I-don't-even-know-where-the-hell-this-shit-comes-from grape algae! hahaha :D

Otherwise, second thought is to get T95 rocks. I love their LRs for the purple coralline and microfauna! It's ridiculously ALOT! and price quite cheap! $6/kg and still can bargain! hurhur :P

more important is are the rocks cured? or at least somewhat clean?

maybe not like CF standard, but like henry those kind? where it's not fresh from the sea and filled with dying stuff

• Senior Reefer

remember to follow chingchai's style! lay a layer of egg crate at the bottom of the tank so you do not have to epoxy your base rock onto your bottom glass! :D

Also, rocks in first before sand okay! alot of stability given that way! :D

yup yup! egg crate first lol!

yup yup! egg crate first lol!

Wow,seems your tank improve a lot... Hope remember me... Oneday Zhi Ming and me will visit you and see your tank.

Finally I take out yellow demsel and rerease to Punggol sea. Then I keep batfish now. he or she is so tame and eat flozen

mysis from my finger every day. So cute lei!! Ha ha ha...

Koji

• Senior Reefer

Wow,seems your tank improve a lot... Hope remember me... Oneday Zhi Ming and me will visit you and see your tank.

Finally I take out yellow demsel and rerease to Punggol sea. Then I keep batfish now. he or she is so tame and eat flozen

mysis from my finger every day. So cute lei!! Ha ha ha...

Koji

KOJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES I REMEMBER YOU!!

OHIO? HAHA!

hey!! it's been super long since we've met. i don't have a tank now, i'm waiting for it to come around next week. when it's up and running i'll let you know!

yeah sure one day you and zhi min can come by too!

glad you finally got rid of the damsel haha. and good to hear about the batfish!! they are not easy to keep and i'm happy to see you have such a healthy one!

more important is are the rocks cured? or at least somewhat clean?

maybe not like CF standard, but like henry those kind? where it's not fresh from the sea and filled with dying stuff

hahaha i try to get a cam and show you bah. hahaha

otherwise, get from T95. solely recommend you to! just buy one from them is enough. don't need alot really. I bought 2 flat medium ones and that was enough to seed the whole 3ft tank! :D

and Lemon, I not bullshitting you nor trying to upsell T95 hor. I bought from RB, seen Ahbeng, Irwana and SL rocks before. Seriously, that's why I still feel nothing comes close to T95 ones. They put their rocks in the blue tubs under shaded sunlight in the open. So far for my ex-nano and my 3ft, I have not come across scary pests like mantis etc. I came across one hairy crab and 1 15cm long bristleworm. Otherwise their rocks are full of sponges and microfauna. People say sponges are no good because they will rot and die in the tank. But then funny leh, for me, never occur with T95's rocks.

the best thing is their rocks are purplish red. So alot of coralline for your tank to seed.

So weekend got time go down and take a look. No harm done but do pick up a rock and smell. If it smells like the ocean then aha, fresh rocks! If no smell, 50-50. If bad smell, forget about it. hahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

4 pages Liao... A lot of reading up to do... :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

4 pages Liao... A lot of reading up to do... :P

nth much to read. first 4 pages are some suggestions given by reefers before the start up. feel free to post suggestions. as long as the pages don't go above 10 it's fine with me.

nth much to read. first 4 pages are some suggestions given by reefers before the start up. feel free to post suggestions. as long as the pages don't go above 10 it's fine with me.

You can always clean up your thread when it gets too long...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Just got a call from tank maker.

Tank - done

Cabinet - done

Sump - will be done by this week

sump cabinet - will be done by this week

Tank and cabinet will be arriving first, and if lucky, the sump and sump cabinet will arrive same day or shortly after.

Entire tank set up w/o equipments should be here by end of this week or early next week.

:yahoo:

Just got a call from tank maker.

Tank - done

Cabinet - done

Sump - will be done by this week

sump cabinet - will be done by this week

Tank and cabinet will be arriving first, and if lucky, the sump and sump cabinet will arrive same day or shortly after.

Entire tank set up w/o equipments should be here by end of this week or early next week.

:yahoo:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me same.. Hehe... Enjoy and wow at the size of your tank...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me same.. Hehe... Enjoy and wow at the size of your tank...

lol! looking forward to cycle and chiong angels/butterflies with you. very hard to find kaki interested in same kind of livestock we're interested in! ;)

• SRC Supporter

Must be feeling very excited waiting for your new tank.. eyebrow.gif

I think many of us here cant wait as well to see some of your tank photos here LOL ! You have inspire me as well thinking of switching from a mix /LPS tank to a SPS tank with angel fish.. Hmm.. ermm.gif

• Senior Reefer

haha jeremy will let u know next time i see any nice angels..

just called tank maker and he said doing some minor touch up for the cabinet. i will postpone delivery to either this weekend of early next week since i'm not free at home. :)

haha jeremy will let u know next time i see any nice angels..

just called tank maker and he said doing some minor touch up for the cabinet. i will postpone delivery to either this weekend of early next week since i'm not free at home. :)

Cant wait to see it.. LOL... At the same time, can go get a diving mask... LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Cant wait to see it.. LOL... At the same time, can go get a diving mask... LOL...

you can't wait to see? lol. i'm so excited i pee on my pants 3 times liao :D