Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

U're not a murderer as the fishes are prob cyanide caught or overstressed thru shipping and bad handling process so in whoever hands will not survive. Talking about murder, think terryz should be convicted!

FEEDING COLINI KEPT FOR YEARS AND HE KILLED IT!

this crime, my dear terryz, punishable by law in every state.

• Senior Reefer

Argh... Stop reminding me of that colini... Still feel bad over it... I promise I will do a better job next time...

But that colini is 1 year old before that reefer decommed..

1 year? u need to be caned and then hanged.

colini alive 1 month i happy liao.

• Senior Reefer

just tested my salinity in main tank and sump tank.

sg 1.025. SPOT ON! looks like the instructions on the bucket was right afterall.

1 bucket = 200gallon of water.

nice.

BUT WHAT'S UP WITH THE BLIZZARD DUDE. MY TANK IS LIKE, SNOWING MAN! sigh. tomorrow see how. if not. lemonlemon will have to intervene.

just tested my salinity in main tank and sump tank.

sg 1.025. SPOT ON! looks like the instructions on the bucket was right afterall.

1 bucket = 200gallon of water.

nice.

BUT WHAT'S UP WITH THE BLIZZARD DUDE. MY TANK IS LIKE, SNOWING MAN! sigh. tomorrow see how. if not. lemonlemon will have to intervene.

Trust it will still be the same tml... You run 1 year the ppt will still be there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Trust it will still be the same tml... You run 1 year the ppt will still be there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EVIL LAUGH! i know lah. i just dam lazy to do something about it now can? -.-

its like, 1am in the morning man. ask me put egg crate, then put filter wool, aiyoh man. tomorrow tomorrow lah!

procrastinate hehe :P

EVIL LAUGH! i know lah. i just dam lazy to do something about it now can? -.-

its like, 1am in the morning man. ask me put egg crate, then put filter wool, aiyoh man. tomorrow tomorrow lah!

procrastinate hehe :P

Ya... You ask me to do things now i also sian..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Ya... You ask me to do things now i also sian..

actually i've been using oceanic salt for my QT and holding tubs for the past month with no problem. i think coz it's a small volume and i add in abit of salt and stir, and then abit more then stir...

but for my tank i just dump the ENTIRE bucket into the tank straight. wth lah. brainless.

actually i've been using oceanic salt for my QT and holding tubs for the past month with no problem. i think coz it's a small volume and i add in abit of salt and stir, and then abit more then stir...

but for my tank i just dump the ENTIRE bucket into the tank straight. wth lah. brainless.

LOL...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Take plane to japan and catch!!!

it was a juvenile. scientist studied it for 2 months in the 5m shallow water habitat. and it just disappeared one day. maybe kena eaten. OR SOMEONE CAUGHT IT.

• Senior Reefer

urgh. terryz you're right.

i just cut 2 egg crates to put into my overflow, and total of 4 sponge. so overflow compartment now have 2 levels of sponge.

sump tank i stuff sponge temporarily between the partitions.

hope all this will trap the white residue.

and the sponge lessen the noise from the overflow alot. but there's an occasional gurgling sound. i need to do it properly again tomorrow.

do at 3am sure half-baked one hehe.

• Senior Reefer

You holiday mah.. LOL.. Sleep late also nevermind..

the water is clearer but still very cmi.

alot of residue at the bottom of the tank. hmm... siphon out? lol

the water is clearer but still very cmi.

alot of residue at the bottom of the tank. hmm... siphon out? lol

You no need sleep one ah? LOL... First thing wake up SgReef... LOL... You sooner or later will have to go in and swim, so i would say siphon out..

Member of:

If it's dirt residue, then just siphon. If it's undissolve salt, you can place a wavemaker in.

With saltmix, ANN cycle is going to be longer. But since u r already intending to have extended cycling, doesn't matter. :)

looking forward to see more.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

bro, what kind of residue? white colour type? Sometimes some salt has white residue. I think it has got to do with their batch/packaging/formulation of the salt process. Don't worry, nothing is serious about this residue. You can either siphon it out and put it in the sump IN CASE it makes a difference to your tank or just leave it alone and use sand to cover it or wait for it to completely dissolve.

From my experience, the residue wont dissolve :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

hey guys i think the precipitation is the dreaded "calcium carbonate snowstorm" lol.

the sg is at 1.025 which means all the salt has properly dissolved already.

i say its the CaCO3 ppt because i dumped a bucket of salt into the tank at once and try dissolving everything at one go instead of doing it slowly.

this will naturally cause an influx in Ca levels and not to mention pH in the body of water (main tank), before it got a chance to dissolve and get into the sump. the influx of Ca and pH will cause an imbalance and precipitate out. i'll skip the buffer system and scientific jargon for next time. not in the mood to be chim now.

hmmm... noobie mistake on my part since i never use salt mix before (lol) dam embarrasing to say.

so, SRC gurus. advice? let the thing sit for few days? or do water change? lol. dam sad. haven start yet problem already haha

at least it's good that it happen now before anything goes in lol

• SRC Member

bro,what i suggest since it's like that already, leave everything running for another 2 days.

check SG of sump and main tank.

adjust accordingly for PH and those kh/ca/mg etc..

change filter wool and relax.

for my 5 feet,i waited 3 days before checking hehe

• Senior Reefer

bro,what i suggest since it's like that already, leave everything running for another 2 days.

check SG of sump and main tank.

adjust accordingly for PH and those kh/ca/mg etc..

change filter wool and relax.

for my 5 feet,i waited 3 days before checking hehe

lol. i still need to find a way to get the precipitated stuff out o.o

the bulk of it is resting on my glass, bottom and pumps as a fine white powdery layer.

well at least it looks better compared to yesterday. so i think my rocks and sand will be put on hold first :P