Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Lemon that is one cute fish! :) HAHaHA nice seeing you again @ Pinnacle today.. after so long of not LFS-ing!..

Did you get those cabbage leather coral @ Irwarna?:welldone:

that chromis actually looks pretty darn cute... will it grow rather big?

nice seeing you desi! long time no see :) we shall meet again!

nope i did not get the cabbage from iwarna. hehehe i bought from NTUC!! lol just kidding.

the chromis will not grow big. stay small and cute.

i have vanderbilt's chromis also which is another beautiful fish.

• Senior Reefer

Pseudojuloides severnsi.

The Royal pencil wrasse.

Super difficult fish, but this one is feeding very well and is stable already. I tried before one time last year. Survived very well for many months until it got beaten to death. timid and shy.

Do not attempt this fish unless you have a sand bed and willing to suffer some initial hardship.

but given time and with a healthy specimen, it makes a great and gorgeous addition to any tank.

post-15755-061367700 1291527444_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

this was one of the pieces from bro thairun.

purple valida.

some of the branches were brown when i got it but the purple is coming back slowly! can see tints of purple on the brown parts.

the purple parts remain purple and i like this one alot.

post-15755-050224200 1291529182_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

bicolor birdnest from cedric.

i bought it today and just finish epoxying it. that's why polyps have not opened yet.

but it's a beautiful piece when the polyps are open.

thanks much!

post-15755-029349200 1291529202_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

finally succeeded in pairing a yasha and a shrimp together.

wasted tons of money in the past trying but they always JUST MIA!

hey lemon,

i just added mine yesterday,

haven seen any of them since...

any chance that they might appear again?

understand yashas are relatively shy in nature..

and to have them to pair up,

you just let nature take its own course?

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

hey lemon,

i just added mine yesterday,

haven seen any of them since...

any chance that they might appear again?

understand yashas are relatively shy in nature..

and to have them to pair up,

you just let nature take its own course?

once u put in your tank, there is no such thing as "nature taking it's course".

a tank is a confined space set aside by you. there's nothing natural about it.

the best you can do for them is dig a mini tunnel, introduce both shrimp and goby there and hope they stay and continue the tunnel. some people use a little pvc pipe.

i have always lost both of them in the tank when they separated. but sometimes the shrimp hides and dig it's own burrows unseen by you. the goby can MIA and re-appear for up to 2 weeks (as did my yasha). and with luck, it will chance upon the shrimp's burrow and start the pairing.

you can ask peacemaker how he did it. he seems to have more success than me.

• SRC Member

once u put in your tank, there is no such thing as "nature taking it's course".

a tank is a confined space set aside by you. there's nothing natural about it.

the best you can do for them is dig a mini tunnel, introduce both shrimp and goby there and hope they stay and continue the tunnel. some people use a little pvc pipe.

i have always lost both of them in the tank when they separated. but sometimes the shrimp hides and dig it's own burrows unseen by you. the goby can MIA and re-appear for up to 2 weeks (as did my yasha). and with luck, it will chance upon the shrimp's burrow and start the pairing.

you can ask peacemaker how he did it. he seems to have more success than me.

oh ok..

regret not reading up abit before releasing them into the tank..

now cant seem to find either of them..

will continue to keep a lookout meanwhile.. haha..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

oh ok..

regret not reading up abit before releasing them into the tank..

now cant seem to find either of them..

will continue to keep a lookout meanwhile.. haha..

always read up before purchasing anything or doing anything.

that is the number 1 rule when it comes to livestock.

anyway if your tank is not too big they should re-appear and with some luck, pair up together :)

Lemon! your pencil wrasse is nice leh.... think can keep in our wrasse-filled tank? :P

it's a very timid fish. if your fishes are too fierce, then it will be very shy.

best to obtain stable feeding ones. i bought mine from henry, he has summore left that are stable and feeding already.

if you buy wild caught ones that do not feed and are taking a chance, it's almost 100% failure. super difficult fish.

• SRC Member

Yashias seem to be really difficult fishes, failed a couple of times so far before i lost interest. Best bet is to get a feeding plump specimen. They are so timid that they seldom muster the courage to come out for food, even if they are starving. My latest try was a feeding specimen and yet didn't make it.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

I rarely enjoy video of reef tank, this is one of the rare exception. :thumbsup:

If only you can zoom in on the sps and show the swaying polyps, that would have been a close to perfect tank video.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

I rarely enjoy video of reef tank, this is one of the rare exception. :thumbsup:

If only you can zoom in on the sps and show the swaying polyps, that would have been a close to perfect tank video.

trying out iphone4 video. cannot seem to zoom in. maybe i dunno how. only those near to the glass one can.

will use the regular camera and take the polyp movements next time.

thanks!!

• SRC Member

FTS.

i like the turbinaria!

Very nice arrangement.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

FTS.

i like the turbinaria!

Cookie Monster: C is for cookie that's good enough for me....

interestingly shape Turb.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)