Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

This one nice shot. Marginalis asking for owner's attention!

yes this was taken top down so the fish was swimming nearly on it's side.

i know it sounds ridiculous but this marginalis butterfly is the most manja fish in my tank.

it's a super attention seeker and always swim up to whoever's hand that's in the water. don't even need to be mine.

sometimes it will nibble on my thumb or fingers. begging for food. it will allow me to lift it out of the water with my palm and will swim around my hand.

needless to say, a betta box in my tank is like a playground. the minute it hits the water, every fish swarm in to wait for food. the box haven even fully submerge, already got fish swim inside liao.

my fishes are hopeless. if i release them into the wild, they sure die one.

• SRC Member

my one of 2 hammer corals. grow so big already it's scary. btw, this is only 1/3 of the whole hammer! :P

pardon the reflection from the MH.

so hard taking top down shots.

Well done. Can tell that you spend lots of time maintaining. Invest in a waterproof camera or casing. If ever you have brown-out SPS, Please give me a frag! hahaha.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

FTS (Full top shot) ahaha.

look so blue pardon. the 12k bulbs from top down very blarring. so is the reflection.

i like a frontal FTS more. the top down looks ugly.

very nice and colourful.. :bow:

hope to see it one day... :)

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

another cute little under appreciated chromis.

Chromis retrofasciata. This one actually has a rather similar resemblance to a dwarf angel. in terms of swimming style and body shape. it prefers to weave in and out of rocks and SPS, flickering it's ventral fins as it pauses.

A tiny little baby one.

Chromises look really good in an SPS tank. i love their methodical hovering swimming style.

post-15755-069384600 1291470825_thumb.jp

post-15755-078346700 1291470830_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

and my super lucky find today. manage to find some time from my super hectic schedule.

3X Ultra neon green Sinularia brassica. Also known as the cabbage leather coral.

First time seeing neon green ones. they are always brown!

So neon green that i cannot even capture the colours. the reflectiveness just bounces off the camera and make it look so blur and... neon!

it looks blue-green here but in real life, it's more towards lime green.

post-15755-084828100 1291470963_thumb.jp

post-15755-038894200 1291470971_thumb.jp

post-15755-000951500 1291470977_thumb.jp

post-15755-063298700 1291470981_thumb.jp

another cute little under appreciated chromis.

Chromis retrofasciata. This one actually has a rather similar resemblance to a dwarf angel. in terms of swimming style and body shape. it prefers to weave in and out of rocks and SPS, flickering it's ventral fins as it pauses.

A tiny little baby one.

Chromises look really good in an SPS tank. i love their methodical hovering swimming style.

I thought you didnt like them... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I thought you didnt like them... LOL...

it grew on me. lol.

no lah not say don't like. not one of my favourites but the small ones kinda cute.

i buy this to add diversity to my tank. so fake if it's all wrasses and other fish. i like how it weave in and out of the rocks. so natural.

it grew on me. lol.

no lah not say don't like. not one of my favourites but the small ones kinda cute.

i buy this to add diversity to my tank. so fake if it's all wrasses and other fish. i like how it weave in and out of the rocks. so natural.

It is nice if you can see the blue eyes... But too bad they fight in captivity... How I wish it would be like in the wild...

Member of:

and my super lucky find today. manage to find some time from my super hectic schedule.

3X Ultra neon green Sinularia brassica. Also known as the cabbage leather coral.

First time seeing neon green ones. they are always brown!

So neon green that i cannot even capture the colours. the reflectiveness just bounces off the camera and make it look so blur and... neon!

it looks blue-green here but in real life, it's more towards lime green.

Nice... Anymore left?

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

It is nice if you can see the blue eyes... But too bad they fight in captivity... How I wish it would be like in the wild...

the subtle blue eyes are nice.

i just bought 1 small one.

one is enough. i like to have a diverse stock list and not repeat everything.

• SRC Member

Lemon that is one cute fish! :) HAHaHA nice seeing you again @ Pinnacle today.. after so long of not LFS-ing!..

Did you get those cabbage leather coral @ Irwarna?:welldone:

that chromis actually looks pretty darn cute... will it grow rather big?

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...