Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

2001? hahha.a

Haha if u mean the 2001 fish i think have to wait quite long. But i dun mind getting it's cheaper substitute from vanuatu or hawaii shipment. The chromis likes strong flow, so your vortech will be a benefit to the fish.

hahaha not the 2001 fish. More of what we saw Digiman carrying with his plats that time in Irwana! lol

that small little cryptic fish with a whole writeup page! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

dunno. lol!

Dunno? Give u more hint: The fish tat we lost it when we put into the the 1ft cube for holding at Iwarna and i was quite sad after tat. But suddenly u called me and told me the fish appears again and i was so happy. Now it has grown so much bigger and v bold. The fish is now worth much more than $6.

Dunno? Give u more hint: The fish tat we lost it when we put into the the 1ft cube for holding at Iwarna and i was quite sad after tat. But suddenly u called me and told me the fish appears again and i was so happy. Now it has grown so much bigger and v bold. The fish is now worth much more than $6.

HAHAHA YUP YUP! I tell you, I am VERY VERY sure you are keen of getting it! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

what lousy hint is that!

you might as well tell me the whole thing hehehehe. ;)

oh mark so you interested in this fish also isit?

hahaha.

what lousy hint is that!

oh mark so you interested in this fish also isit?

hahaha.

YUP YUP! I got a thing for undervalued fishes. LOL. this one is really undervalued! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

YUP YUP! I got a thing for undervalued fishes. LOL. this one is really undervalued! :D

i've always had a thing for fishes that are beautiful and gorgeous but people always shy away from. i have no idea why.

like longnose butterflyfish. so beautiful and reef safe and so hardy! but so many people keep misunderstanding that they are very difficult! they are not! they are one of the easiest butterflies. that day one reefer (if you're reading, you know who you are) sms me and ask if longnose butterfly if reefsafe and that reefer wanted to keep in the reef tank. i was so happy! i immediately replied and say yes reefsafe and easy too! so happy that people are finally trying this gorgeous fish that is always left to die in the shop because of a misconception.

marginalis butterfly also. such a gorgeous and unique australian fish but demand and also knowledge of this fish is so low that practically no one want to bring in. i bet no one even know what a marginalis butterfly is until reborn brought in 2 this year and one is in my tank now. hardy as a damsel and so much character. and i literally had to beg persistantly for it! when cedric visited my tank few months ago, he said the marginalis was beautiful and i was so pleased. coming from a hardcore SPS reefer to say something like this about a BUTTERFLY is very encouraging towards the local reefer's mind-set

hopefully the misconception can be dispelled one day. i love a reef tank with some character and nothing imparts more of it than a little bit of butterfly or angel magic.

and the vanderbilt chromis. you've seen for youself how gorgeous they are but they are not getting enough attention and all left to die in the LFS while ppl are buying green chromis off the shelves like nothing.

i hope many of these under-appreciated fishes get their chance to shine one day. i'm hoping by buying them, i get to showcase them via my tank and one day these beauties will be ubiquitous in everyone's tank.

what lousy hint is that!

Was the hint too obvious? Haha anyway i guess i'm the only person in singapore now owning pseudoplesiops rosae, like your one and only one roseafascia in singapore!

Hope more will come in. Mux talk to John again.

• Senior Reefer

Was the hint too obvious? Haha anyway i guess i'm the only person in singapore now owning pseudoplesiops rosae, like your one and only one roseafascia in singapore!

yes.

i think you're the only one in singapore with P. rosae.

like how i'm the only one with roseafascia and marginalis. time to raise the bar liao. need to own a few more singapore's first.

you and i can go and hunt for more singapore's first. like our pintail fairy, johnsoni, aurantidorsalis, rusty flame, semifasciatus! all within our reach but for some reason they are just not appearing. except for johnsoni which is just too expensive for me.

and the vanderbilt chromis. you've seen for youself how gorgeous they are but they are not getting enough attention and all left to die in the LFS while ppl are buying green chromis off the shelves like nothing.

i hope many of these under-appreciated fishes get their chance to shine one day. i'm hoping by buying them, i get to showcase them via my tank and one day these beauties will be ubiquitous in everyone's tank.

Tat's why i feel like buying a few more vanderbilt and put in iwarna's display to help promote the fish. But whenever i thought of how auntie and victor despised my fish it jux does not make sense for me to fork out my own money to buy the chromis to put in their tanks!

• Senior Reefer

Tat's why i feel like buying a few more vanderbilt and put in iwarna's display to help promote the fish. But whenever i thought of how auntie and victor despised my fish it jux does not make sense for me to fork out my own money to buy the chromis to put in their tanks!

yah..

2011 new year's resolution.

as part of a responsible reefer, it's my job to showcase these under-appreciated fish to make sure that their capture from the sea is not wasted and their lives will be more than just living in cubicles left there to die!

and also to stop pampering the suppliers! i vow not to buy a single red sea fish in my adamant protest of the lazy suppliers not wanting to catch ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT purple tang, sohal tang, golden butterfly, asfur angel and maculosus angel! if you are not sick of these 5 fishes then i am! can't believe the whole red sea which is one of the richest reefs in the world with such amazing diversity and they can only vomit out these boring 5 fishes.

pampered pampered PAMPERED!

i've always had a thing for fishes that are beautiful and gorgeous but people always shy away from. i have no idea why.

like longnose butterflyfish. so beautiful and reef safe and so hardy! but so many people keep misunderstanding that they are very difficult! they are not! they are one of the easiest butterflies. that day one reefer (if you're reading, you know who you are) sms me and ask if longnose butterfly if reefsafe and that reefer wanted to keep in the reef tank. i was so happy! i immediately replied and say yes reefsafe and easy too! so happy that people are finally trying this gorgeous fish that is always left to die in the shop because of a misconception.

marginalis butterfly also. such a gorgeous and unique australian fish but demand and also knowledge of this fish is so low that practically no one want to bring in. i bet no one even know what a marginalis butterfly is until reborn brought in 2 this year and one is in my tank now. hardy as a damsel and so much character. and i literally had to beg persistantly for it! when cedric visited my tank few months ago, he said the marginalis was beautiful and i was so pleased. coming from a hardcore SPS reefer to say something like this about a BUTTERFLY is very encouraging towards the local reefer's mind-set

hopefully the misconception can be dispelled one day. i love a reef tank with some character and nothing imparts more of it than a little bit of butterfly or angel magic.

YAH! I also don't know what marginalis was until I saw you, terryz and digiman at RB! lol! YES maginificient and absolutely sweet butterfly! :D hehe. I actually recommended this fish to my Hongkong friend and lols, he said he was thinking about it too but due to lack of support in HK for Australia fishes, the supplier wont want to bring in :(

Also, I think I know who you are referring to for the long nose butterfly. hehe (: and the vanderbilits, omg! how can draw comparisons for that with green chromis! Green chromis got no lyretail, got no yellow bellies, no nice purple hue on their bodies and no nice cute dots on an area near to their tails! GOD! Vanderbilits or six-lined chromis ftw! :D

People! You all should start stalking Lemon and Digiman! HAHAHA they know too much already! LOL! :P

yah! must psycho him! Don't need come in alot. Just 10 pieces and 2 for me enough already! LOL :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

People! You all should start stalking Lemon and Digiman! HAHAHA they know too much already! LOL! :P

don't stalk me. i take stalking very badly and i will kill if necessary! LOL.

if you want, you can stalk digiman.

i don't know everything lah but i can't say the same for digiman ;)

i know enough to get me by with some incentives. and i'm very happy to share information especially when people ask me. there's nothing i like more than people asking about fish or corals, because then there's a willingness to learn and it's so fun to spread the info.

like thanks to you, there's one extra reefer who is keeping vanderbilt chromis in his tank. and hopefully in the near future, vanderbilt chromises will be so common everywhere and they will not die in vain anymore!

yah..

2011 new year's resolution.

as part of a responsible reefer, it's my job to showcase these under-appreciated fish to make sure that their capture from the sea is not wasted and their lives will be more than just living in cubicles left there to die!

and also to stop pampering the suppliers! i vow not to buy a single red sea fish in my adamant protest of the lazy suppliers not wanting to catch ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT purple tang, sohal tang, golden butterfly, asfur angel and maculosus angel! if you are not sick of these 5 fishes then i am! can't believe the whole red sea which is one of the richest reefs in the world with such amazing diversity and they can only vomit out these boring 5 fishes.

pampered pampered PAMPERED!

New year resolution is simple for me:

I mux get a rusty flame angel!

don't stalk me. i take stalking very badly and i will kill if necessary! LOL.

if you want, you can stalk digiman.

i know enough to get me by with some incentives. and i'm very happy to share information especially when people ask me. there's nothing i like more than people asking about fish or corals, because then there's a willingness to learn and it's so fun to spread the info.

like thanks to you, there's one extra reefer who is keeping vanderbilt chromis in his tank. and hopefully in the near future, vanderbilt chromises will be so common everywhere and they will not die in vain anymore!

HAHA! :welldone:

no lah, you know ALOT ALOT! can call you and digiman "walking fishbase.org encyclopedia!" lol :D

Yup, I try my best to spread the love for such fishes. They are sooo nice! I only regret that I dont have a big tank for them to roam and boss around! :(

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

New year resolution is simple for me:

I mux get a rusty flame angel!

if you want now also can. don't need wait until 2011.

but you willing to pay?

for me i won't pay anything above $250.

don't you find it ridiculous!?!? it's a Cebuan fish but people in Japan and US only paying like less than or equal to 100 US for them.

and we have to pay 400-500 for a fish that we are suppose to be getting at like 40-50!? or less!

Ya Marc i mux thank u too, at least my vanderbilt in Iwarna's display did not die in vain! It managed to capture the attention of one more reefer before its death and attracted u to keep more of its kind. That chromis is the martyr of the vanderbilts.

I dunno everthing la! I jux read more about fishes tat's all, cos i'm a fish geek. But when it comes to corals i'm hopeless. Lemon can testify tat cos he always roll his eyes whenever i show him the corals i like at CF.

• Senior Reefer

Ya Marc i mux thank u too, at least my vanderbilt in Iwarna's display did not die in vain! It managed to capture the attention of one more reefer before its death and attracted u to keep more of its kind. That chromis is the martyr of the vanderbilts.

I dunno everthing la! I jux read more about fishes tat's all, cos i'm a fish geek. But when it comes to corals i'm hopeless. Lemon can testify tat cos he always roll his eyes whenever i show him the corals i like at CF.

hopeless with a capital H.

don't label fish geek. sounds so nerdy.

fish enthusiast better.

my 2011 resolution also.

must obtain the yellow declivis and sell my black one away.

compare these 2. isn't the yellow one 100x more beautiful? unfortunately very rare here in singapore but the yellow one is predominant in the US market.

post-15755-011740300 1289837101.txt

post-15755-097187400 1289837105_thumb.jp

HAHA! I think we need a pic of this! LOL you 1 side, looking fascinated by the corals and Lemon rolling his eyes by your side! LOL will be cute! :D

AHH! that vanderbilit died!? :( damn! Did auntie say it was nice before it died? :( Haha, no problems bro! I always want to learn more and know more. Thanks for all that you have shown me. Awaiting for more tho! hehe (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hopeless with a capital H.

don't label fish geek. sounds so nerdy.

fish enthusiast better.

my 2011 resolution also.

must obtain the yellow declivis and sell my black one away.

compare these 2. isn't the yellow one 100x more beautiful? unfortunately very rare here in singapore but the yellow one is predominant in the US market.

Agree! I saw the black one in LCK. I think the yellow one got a nicer colour contrast! hoho :P but nonetheless both are gorgeous! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

No la it's actually quite hard for the US to get declivis w a lot of yellow.

The yellow on and off will appear. U've to be v opportunistic, go to every hawaii shipment and be the first to search all the declivis tat come in, den u'll stand a higher chance to find a nice yellow one.

• Senior Reefer

The yellow on and off will appear. U've to be v opportunistic, go to every hawaii shipment and be the first to search all the declivis tat come in, den u'll stand a higher chance to find a nice yellow one.

look at all these yellow declivis from US and Japan!

the yellow form is a subspecies C. declivis (declivis).

the black one is C. declivis (wilderi).

apparently it's not just a colour variant but geographic variant. the yellow one i think from xmas island and marquesas or something. i cannot remember the exact details. and i lazy to go get the book from my room.

i wish christmas islands still belonged to Singapore! so many nice stuff there.

post-15755-046652500 1289837599_thumb.jp

post-15755-013879900 1289837605_thumb.jp

post-15755-078101700 1289837609_thumb.jp

post-15755-017093800 1289837618_thumb.jp

post-15755-000930400 1289837623_thumb.jp

post-15755-038393100 1289837629_thumb.jp

post-15755-045401400 1289837635_thumb.jp

isn't that damn shag? why not ask CF or LCK to do that for us since they usually come in prospective fishes rather than the usual few? :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.