Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

wao wao.. nice new additions.. :eyebrow:

that dragonface is so cute :thumbsup: wish i could keep these kinda interesting fishes too.. but i think my current too strong, and AT too aggro.. it might just flow into overflow.. :upsidedown:

surprising, they tolerate flow very well.

it often swims infront of my tunze 6105 at full blast and does not get blown away. in fact, it can swim very well in high current tanks.

mine does that all the time since it likes swimming up to eat floating mysis.

• SRC Member

wao! really! thats very nice and interesting.. hope i can get to keep 1 next time.. simply love these small and unique looking fishes in every nook and cranny of the rockworks.. makes there more 'things' to look at.. like every corner also got interesting stuff to see.. :ThanxSmiley:

• Senior Reefer

wao! really! thats very nice and interesting.. hope i can get to keep 1 next time.. simply love these small and unique looking fishes in every nook and cranny of the rockworks.. makes there more 'things' to look at.. like every corner also got interesting stuff to see.. :ThanxSmiley:

yes that's what makes a marine tank interesting.

the little un-seen stuff that draws your eyes all over the tank.

like a slithering pipefish on the rocks.

or the shy little liopropoma basslet hiding within the little caves.

or the cute littles gobies perching on rocks and corals.

• SRC Member

yes that's what makes a marine tank interesting.

the little un-seen stuff that draws your eyes all over the tank.

like a slithering pipefish on the rocks.

or the shy little liopropoma basslet hiding within the little caves.

or the cute littles gobies perching on rocks and corals.

or the possum wrasse playing peek-a-boo amongst the rocks..... :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

Mg - 1500

Ca - 400

Kh - 7

Kh abit low. still tuning... very busy these days so taking veryyy long -_-

i'm so pleased with my Mg and Ca reading. it went up even though i did not dose much additives and with the help of my Cr. will test again tomorrow to double check.

added a few more SPS frags.

• Senior Reefer

trying for the 3rd time.

Giant balinese pom-pom xenias.

Poor survival rate. Always melt for no reason sooner or later.

If i fail again this time, that's the end for this species.

post-15755-005310400 1288364134_thumb.jp

post-15755-084082800 1288364143_thumb.jp

post-15755-047205000 1288364150_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS when it flashes. Adding a female was the best decision ever.

Still no chance of catching it flash on photo or video, but rest assured. I will succeed.

This is the Efate island (Sliglty northen/central vanuatuan variant hooded wrasse).

When flashing, the entire body turns a bright lilac, and the head turns intense red. all the fins also turn red and the tail is bordered in violet. one of the best nuptial colourations displayed by ANY Cirrhilabrus.

post-15755-083299900 1288364254_thumb.jp

really? i find too little (:

nice FTS? thanks. but so empty still.

HAHA! you serious?! HMM populate the spaces with other corals. If stagnant with just softies abit sianz. hahaha how about those yellow leather? :) or the *tublaria* coral? (I know spelling confirm wrong!) lol.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

HAHA! you serious?! HMM populate the spaces with other corals. If stagnant with just softies abit sianz. hahaha how about those yellow leather? :) or the *tublaria* coral? (I know spelling confirm wrong!) lol.

yah nowadays hard to find nice corals. due to my choice of fish, my range only softies, SPS and very very limited LPS (mainly euphyllia, cataphyllia, plerogyra).

yellow leather? wait for walt smith. walt smith many nice softies. green sinularia, yellow leather.

tublaria? i think you meant turbinaria which is cup coral. or tubipora, which is pipe organ.

i hate cup corals but i like pipe organs. can go and hunt nice ones during WS shipment.

• SRC Member

nice scaping.. love the sandy feel.. :eyebrow:

your SPS called small?!?! den mines are called non-existent liao.. hahaha.. :upsidedown: very nice colours btw.. nice!

• Senior Reefer

nice scaping.. love the sandy feel.. :eyebrow:

your SPS called small?!?! den mines are called non-existent liao.. hahaha.. :upsidedown: very nice colours btw.. nice!

thank you!

my scape only has 9 rocks and very simple, open concept. yours is a work of art and cleverly scaped. good job!

• Senior Reefer

I love mine when it does that. :wub:

yes naokoae is part of the "rubriventralis" complex of fairy wrasses that all share similar pelvic fins, that are large and paddle like. the others with similar fins are C. rubriventralis, C. joanallenae, C. morrisoni.

all have elongated dorsal fins but the naoko's is the most unique, with a shark like dorsal fin!

Like your FTS and scaping, v simple and clean and wide open swimming area with sandy bed.

A wide open style is absent in most SPS tank. But your tank (gg to be SPS tank) has a nice open wide feel, v nice.

U need more corals. The SPS at the back will grow and fill up that space. As for the front sides, there can be more softies or other varieties of corals i feel.