Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

Some updates on the Vanuatuan hooded wrasse, Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus.Initially very shy, but now very much active and brazen.

:wub:

New fish, one of two of the African variant of the Mccosker's flasher wrasse. Paracheilinus mccoskeri (African var.)###### fin is entirely red vs the red and yellow of the Maldivian variant.Back part of dorsal fin has a blue and gold patch vs blue splashes of the Maldivian variant.Finally found this! After stalking African shipments for so long.

:wub: thankfully you intro me to get, i didnt regret getting it. thought it would have been just another flasher but i was wrong when these fellas spread it fins.

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, the Exquisite fairy wrasse.This is one of the 6 variants of the Exquisite fairy and it originates from Kenya, Africa.Now I have two Exquisite fairies, one from Kenya and the other from Vanuatu. So far no fighting observed but if fighting begins, I will let the Vanuatuan one go. Very difficult to decide which to let go because I love both variants just as much and both are my favorite variants of the Exquisite fairy and are on par in terms favoritism. Have removed so many fishes lately, tank looking much emptier now. More space for my fairies and butterflies.

:wub:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

This picture stills bring back so much memories..

The first ever cespitularia to come to singapore, brought in by LCK.

look at the sheer size of it! the whole colony costed only 1 red note and this is not even all of it. half of it i fragged away on the first day i bought it.

unfortunately i went to india, shit happened, and now it's only a mere shadow of it's former glory. it's regrowing very fast but cannot get it to grow sooo tall!

now cespitularias are all cultured and come in expensive little frag plugs :(

where to find such large beautiful wild colonies now?

:wub: :wub:

very beautiful blue cespitularia..

i've never appreciated soft corals until i saw the blue cesp...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Senior Reefer

Just tested my parameters.

Mg - 1350

Ca - 350

Kh - 8

tryign to keep my Kh constant by adjusting CR. keeps fluctuating between 8-10.

Ca also abit low. but 350 should be fine.

SPS doing great.

• Senior Reefer

Your parameters look ok. Not much sps, so ca should be ok.

Mag also high.

My mag dropped tremendously. :(

yday was at 1060... No wonder some not colouring up.

parameters ok la.

Ca 350 actually is ok 1. but i will still try to up it to 400.

Your Exquisite specimens are BEAUTIFUL. Good catch! groupwavereversed.gif

which specimens.

all? or just the exquisite? lol.

• SRC Member

which specimens.

all? or just the exquisite? lol.

I like both the Exquisites. In particular the Kenyan variant. Gonna start looking for one soon; once my Budget allows me to. Hahhaa.

The Mce600 really burnt a big hole. It's performing very well though! Skimming out dark brown stuff from my tank!

Seeing the photo of the rubricaudalis brings back memories... So sad :(

Where did u managed to find the Kenyan specimen? Do u mind pm-ing me the cost? :groupwavereversed:

• Senior Reefer

Mum took the camera to hong kong, so i'm left with my handphone camera.

Bought a beautiful millie today.

Pink with green polyps.

very healthy. polyps extending very well.

pink appears brown using hp cam......

wilson you've seen it. any idea what they nickname this?

post-15755-013613600 1287841945_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I saw this in LCK. Damn gay lo the dorsal fin!

ehh the mille issit from pinnacle? ahaha

the dorsal fin is normal. only thing different is the colour, which is yellow.

filamentosus flasher is a very common fish found in indo shipments.

every indo shipment sure have 1.

this one is rare coz it's a geographical variant from Solomon Island, and the colour is just very different and nicer.

yes the millie is from pinnicle. i love the polyps!!

• Senior Reefer

I meant if we could frag the wrasse like what we do with corals....

i know what you meant haha.

but i won't also. i don't think i will muster up enough courage to cut up a perfectly beautiful and healthy fish and glue it to frag plugs! haha!

• Senior Reefer

Recently added some SPS frags :)

2 frags of blue tort. i have an existing one that is growing slowly, but surely. so now have 3.

2 intense pink birdnest frags. now have many birdnest. 2 small colonies from WS. 2 frags.

1 green stylophora frag

1 blue tipped valida frag

all the above no pictures coz placed in areas that are difficult to photograph.

also added a small colony of pink millie with green polyps

a frag of red planet. The colour dropped to green when i got it. hope it colours up abit more or remain green. whichever is fine with me. i'm not particular.

all SPS healthy with good polyp extension. water parameters are ok.

post-15755-075506000 1288012542_thumb.jp

post-15755-035635400 1288012548_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

my favourite little dragon face pipefish.

actively chases mysis in the water and even eats prawn meat.

occasionally eats the stray pellet that floats infront of it. but usually nibbles as it cannot eat the whole thing. and my fishes usually eat them all up first.

goes crazy for cyclopeeze.

post-15755-062153900 1288012628_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

wao wao.. nice new additions.. :eyebrow:

that dragonface is so cute :thumbsup: wish i could keep these kinda interesting fishes too.. but i think my current too strong, and AT too aggro.. it might just flow into overflow.. :upsidedown: