Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

haha i know lah. joking nia.

they are like that 1. in the betta box with pipes they will hide.

release it and it will come out. like mine :)

cannot release it yet, need to treat it first with prazi and others.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

This picture stills bring back so much memories..

The first ever cespitularia to come to singapore, brought in by LCK.

look at the sheer size of it! the whole colony costed only 1 red note and this is not even all of it. half of it i fragged away on the first day i bought it.

unfortunately i went to india, shit happened, and now it's only a mere shadow of it's former glory. it's regrowing very fast but cannot get it to grow sooo tall!

now cespitularias are all cultured and come in expensive little frag plugs :(

where to find such large beautiful wild colonies now?

post-15755-035788800 1287240963.txt

• SRC Member

This picture stills bring back so much memories..

The first ever cespitularia to come to singapore, brought in by LCK.

look at the sheer size of it! the whole colony costed only 1 red note and this is not even all of it. half of it i fragged away on the first day i bought it.

unfortunately i went to india, shit happened, and now it's only a mere shadow of it's former glory. it's regrowing very fast but cannot get it to grow sooo tall!

now cespitularias are all cultured and come in expensive little frag plugs :(

where to find such large beautiful wild colonies now?

i could see more than 10 frags coming out of this huge colony. lol.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

Bro,

Your butterflies/angels nip on xenia or GSP? Asking b'cos I can't seems to get rid of these two, esp the xenia. Thot maybe get a fish to come finish them off. :lol:

Sis, you getting rid of the xenia also??? LOL... I dun mind taking it from you too... LOL...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Sis, you getting rid of the xenia also??? LOL... I dun mind taking it from you too... LOL...

the xenia not the pulsing kind. Got a patch on my sandbed and it keeps coming back even after I scope up the rubble/sand it's attached to.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Maybe the root of the problem could be its attached to the bottom of the glass tank? Not too sure if angels and butterflies eat xenia. I may be wrong..

• Senior Reefer

my angels and butterflies leave my xenia alone.

the best butterfly to get rid of xenia is Chaetodon melannotus, aka the blackback butterfly, This butterfly feeds on soft corals in the wild and will make short work of your xenia.

down side is it will eat all kinds of soft corals even leather corals, which very few fishes will eat. it will also eat some LPS.

• SRC Member

I am fine with it if it is not too troublesome for you..

Not troublesome, just scope up that portion of the sandbed. But trouble for u cos it so loose.

my angels and butterflies leave my xenia alone.

the best butterfly to get rid of xenia is Chaetodon melannotus, aka the blackback butterfly, This butterfly feeds on soft corals in the wild and will make short work of your xenia.

down side is it will eat all kinds of soft corals even leather corals, which very few fishes will eat. it will also eat some LPS.

At the moment, there's nothing much in my tank except for some mushies/rics, a few lps, clams, which are quite easy to move to another tank. Just the sps that's encrusted, a bit hard to remove.

Out of action for so long, itching to try something. :chair:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Not troublesome, just scope up that portion of the sandbed. But trouble for u cos it so loose.

At the moment, there's nothing much in my tank except for some mushies/rics, a few lps, clams, which are quite easy to move to another tank. Just the sps that's encrusted, a bit hard to remove.

i believe you will be so held up from ur new addition. do get sufficient rest sis ming. :)

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

remove all the corals you can remove and add the blackback butterfly if you dont mind the trouble, and remove it once it finishes your xenia.

bear in mind it may take awhile before it starts eatings them and better to starve it :) makes it easier.

• SRC Member

i believe you will be so held up from ur new addition. do get sufficient rest sis ming. :)

Thanks! Yes, busy with the baby, but looking for a distraction. :lol:

remove all the corals you can remove and add the blackback butterfly if you dont mind the trouble, and remove it once it finishes your xenia.

bear in mind it may take awhile before it starts eatings them and better to starve it :) makes it easier.

Thanks for the advise. Apologies for messing up your thread. Will try once I get round to moving the corals out.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Thanks! Yes, busy with the baby, but looking for a distraction. :lol:

Thanks for the advise. Apologies for messing up your thread. Will try once I get round to moving the corals out.

np lah!!

haha. no such thing as messing up. :)

• Senior Reefer

New fish, one of two of the African variant of the Mccosker's flasher wrasse. Paracheilinus mccoskeri (African var.)

Anal fin is entirely red vs the red and yellow of the Maldivian variant.

Back part of dorsal fin has a blue and gold patch vs blue splashes of the Maldivian variant.

Finally found this! After stalking African shipments for so long.

post-15755-009671600 1287407225_thumb.jp

post-15755-078844600 1287407229_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus, the Exquisite fairy wrasse.

This is one of the 6 variants of the Exquisite fairy and it originates from Kenya, Africa.

Now I have two Exquisite fairies, one from Kenya and the other from Vanuatu. So far no fighting observed but if fighting begins, I will let the Vanuatuan one go. Very difficult to decide which to let go because I love both variants just as much and both are my favorite variants of the Exquisite fairy and are on par in terms favoritism.

Have removed so many fishes lately, tank looking much emptier now. More space for my fairies and butterflies.

post-15755-014020000 1287407269_thumb.jp

post-15755-003237000 1287407275_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Hooded is gorgeous, but has a bit of whitespots?

yes a few specks here and there. clearing up already.

the rubricaudalis also have abit of white spots, but when it comes to wrasses, i'm not concerned. they very greedy and recover very quickly.

butterflies are more serious and will not recover from white spots one. but all my butterflies are bulletproof now and are clean as a whistle.

only one or two of the newer wrasses catching abit of spots, but should clear up in 1-2 weeks.

• Senior Reefer

I think wrasses and butterflies for your tank will make your tank very beautiful! keep collecting them and leave all those normal fishes to me! hehe :)

dun say that lah!! make me sound like a rare fish snob, which i'm not. i hope no one misunderstands...

i just like more uncommon fihs, but i have plenty of common fish in my tank too and i love them just as much. like my flame angel, possum wrasse, basslets, gobies, etc.

cannot have entire tank full of rare fish wat. how to sustain?

exquisite wrasse is good example. very common and very normal but so gorgeous and the name is so fitting!