Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

My greedy butterflies..

the cleaner wrasse is from a friend who decommed and he gave it to me. as you can see, very greedy but given a choice, i wont keep it and won't reccomend it.

• Senior Reefer

lol your butterfly freaking greedy =.=

especially the declivis and marginalis.

these butterflies are very hardy and as you can see, they're so greedy and seem to lack one important survival aspect.

fear.

they're fearless! nip my fingers, swim up to me at the glass, go inside an empty betta box for no reason. in fact, my marginalis spends more than half the day inside my betta box waiting for food.

so much personality, so beautiful and so hardy.

i do read the OMG look at those fish!

pls don't let the venustus angel rot down there. If need to i can provide a home

LOL...bro did you really say provide a home ??? :heh:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

Punctatus fairy

Hooded fairy

Scott's fairy

Rubricaudalis flasher

Lutescens moon wrasse

Condei fairy

Coris gaimard

Coris rubromaculatum

By the way when did the shipment arrive? today?

• Senior Reefer

Punctatus fairy

Hooded fairy

Scott's fairy

Rubricaudalis flasher

Lutescens moon wrasse

Condei fairy

Coris gaimard

Coris rubromaculatum

By the way when did the shipment arrive? today?

and a vanuatu exquisite wrasse.

shipment arrive last night around 1am.

• SRC Member

pls update pics of ur new wrasses! :evil:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

pls update pics of ur new wrasses! :evil:

the condei is just absolute bliss.

i've never seen such healthy and amazing lookign alpha male condeis. the colour is not red. it's yellow-gold. its perpetually displaying!

rubricaudalis is just omg also. manage to get a v big 1.

tmr den post foto.

• Senior Reefer

Paracheilinus rubricaudalis.

Red tail flasher/ Vanuatu flasher wrasse.

Not the nicest flasher in the world, but certainly a gorgeous species. not much is known about it. fijian specimens have an extra band on the tail, which the Vanuatuan specimen lacks.

This species has a single dorsal filament like P. attenuatus and P. mccoskeri. In fact, before discovery of the rubricaudalis flasher, it was once thought to be a geographical variant of mccoskeri. however it proved to be incorrect.

notice how the single dorsal fin is actually a combination of dorsal filaments from nearby dorsal fin rays, merging into one giant sturdy filament, unlike mccoskeri and better still, attenuatus, which only has one filament from one fin ray.

the filament for the vanuatuan flasher wrasse is lance-like and very sturdy.

body turns bright yellow when flsahing, tail turns bright red.

sorry. lousy photos.

post-15755-024078600 1286896845_thumb.jp

post-15755-049874300 1286896849_thumb.jp

post-15755-063725700 1286896853_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

also, after searching for so long, i've finally got my paws on the exquisite wrasse from vanuatu.

not just any exquisite from vanuatu, it's a particular colour morph that i've always wanted to have since first day. exquisites from vanuatu show varying degrees of pink and yellow, but sometimes, they explode with colours much like this.

my specimen does not wish to co-operate so i shan't post pictures of it now. but this is an internet photo of what my exquisite looks like. minus away some pink. mine does not have so much pink. but i'm loving the yellow dorsal.

post-15755-088462600 1286897166_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Cirrhilabrus condei, the Conde's fairy wrasse, is a truly remarkable and unique species. Unlike other fairy wrasses, conde's fairy wrasse can adopt 2 different styles of flashing or displaying nuptial colouration.

the first method of displaying includes flaring of all fins, spread out, and colour changes from red to white, yellow and pink.

some authors claim that this form of flashing belongs to a different variation of conde's living in the Fijian region.

The second method of displaying includes clamping of all fins, but only flaring of front 2/3 of the dorsal fin. this gives the fish a very unique look. the body turns from red to entirely white.

some authors claim that this is the true form of flashing belonging to the true condei's fairy.

i beg to differ and i've seen conde's fairy displaying both form of nuptial colouration in one fish.

whatever it is, iwarna's condei are truly remarkable and are perpetually displaying to each other in the blue tubs today. the body is almost constantly yellow instead of red due to the incessant flashing.

no photos of the actual one again. just photos from my book on how the nuptial colouration is displayed.

condei is a common wrasse but sometimes can be very pretty.

post-15755-041622100 1286898159_thumb.jp

post-15755-074044000 1286898163_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Vanuatuan exquisite wrasse.

Exquisite wrasses from Vanuatu may exhibit bright yellow dorsal fins. sometimes, pink two pink saddles will be present on the back.

i've been looking for this variant for quite some time. sometimes they will come with less pink, sometimes with less yellow, this is the right combination of pink and yellow that i like.

it's skinny and might have internal parasites, thus is being fed with praziquantel soaked food. in about a week it should recover and fatten up.

post-15755-024782200 1286963228_thumb.jp

post-15755-073240100 1286963232_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Rubricaudalis flasher wrasse from Vanuatu.

Fijian and Vanuatuan specimens can be identified by a blue band on the tail. My specimen lacks the blue band and thus comes from Vanuatu.

i like the anal fin for the orange stripes against a red background.

it's not the most beautiful flasher wrasse IMO, but certainly a very exquisite species that certainly beats it's indonesian counterparts hands down.

post-15755-019155100 1286963392_thumb.jp

post-15755-054384200 1286963396_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Vanuatuan exquisite wrasse.

Exquisite wrasses from Vanuatu may exhibit bright yellow dorsal fins. sometimes, pink two pink saddles will be present on the back.

i've been looking for this variant for quite some time. sometimes they will come with less pink, sometimes with less yellow, this is the right combination of pink and yellow that i like.

it's skinny and might have internal parasites, thus is being fed with praziquantel soaked food. in about a week it should recover and fatten up.

who spotted it first?! :lol:

very fortunate to have it back to active state.

it was dead beaten when arrived.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

me lah! :P

but never pay attention to it until you pointed it out. thanks bro. it was stressed when i saw it so never notice until you brought it to me and i saw how nice it was :)

how's your fishes doing?

• SRC Member

very fortunate to have it back to active state.

it was dead beaten when arrived.

me lah! :P

but never pay attention to it until you pointed it out. thanks bro. it was stressed when i saw it so never notice until you brought it to me and i saw how nice it was :)

how's your fishes doing?

my fishes are ok i guess, but the flasher still very timid hiding in the pipes.

your was so much nicer than mine.

hope your exquisite gets more pink and yellow. it will be breath taking.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

my fishes are ok i guess, but the flasher still very timid hiding in the pipes.

your was so much nicer than mine.

hope your exquisite gets more pink and yellow. it will be breath taking.

yours is the 2nd nicest in the whole shipment liao! be thankful! hehehe.

no la flasher no such thing as nicer or not nicer. is how much bigger only. colour wise all same.

exquisite? oh i will be happy if it does not fade colour! don't talk about improving. lol.

• SRC Member

yours is the 2nd nicest in the whole shipment liao! be thankful! hehehe.

no la flasher no such thing as nicer or not nicer. is how much bigger only. colour wise all same.

exquisite? oh i will be happy if it does not fade colour! don't talk about improving. lol.

no no, dun get me wrong, im happy enough. what i meant was yours just swimming out in the open and opening its fin while mine was still in the pipes. :eyeblur:

• Senior Reefer

no no, dun get me wrong, im happy enough. what i meant was yours just swimming out in the open and opening its fin while mine was still in the pipes. :eyeblur:

haha i know lah. joking nia.

they are like that 1. in the betta box with pipes they will hide.

release it and it will come out. like mine :)