Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Let me do a water change tomorrow first to bring down the dKH.

then slowly adjust my parameters back to normal.

this SPS thing to laychey.

i dunno how am i going to find time to jaga all this when i go to year 3 next year.

got industrial attachment programme, overseas attachment, final year project.

oh shudder :ph34r:

if still too troublesome and time consuming then i'll just downgrade to softies again lol.

i dunno how am i going to find time to jaga all this when i go to year 3 next year.

if still too troublesome and time consuming then i'll just downgrade to softies again lol.

I can help you with your water changes! hoho :):)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

:agreed:

within half hour can suck my entire tank dry and replace liao.

if we were to lugg water back and change my tank volume we will either end up with sore hands or broken backs.

if i do salt mix, i will spend a bomb on salt.

both also not worth.

• SRC Member

:o WAH !...wat a jam-packed schedule...stick to something easier mate rather than risking to 'burn' pocket hole$ and 'break' ya wholesome heart. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Is Calcium a bit low also???

bro.

Hmm ur Mag too low will cause

ur calcium level to be unstable too

For your KH Level~

you can try without water changes

then add calcium chloride to keep ca up, without using a buffer,

the ca chloride should lower the kh in addition to alk being used up

creatures in ur tank :)

• Senior Reefer

:o WAH !...wat a jam-packed schedule...stick to something easier mate rather than risking to 'burn' pocket hole$ and 'break' ya wholesome heart. :eyebrow:

yes i will be very busy next year.

i have a 6 week overseas attachment programme for bio-remediation and microbiology in adelaide, Australia.

6 weeks away is very long, the longest i've ever been away.

i will still some SPS, but only a few lah.

for now ;)

yes i will be very busy next year.

i have a 6 week overseas attachment programme for bio-remediation and microbiology in adelaide, Australia.

6 weeks away is very long, the longest i've ever been away.

i will still some SPS, but only a few lah.

for now ;)

Let me help you while you are away! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Let me help you while you are away! :)

sure..... the more help the better.....

6 weeks trip more or less confirmed lah. if cancel oso good but i would say with confidence, it's confirmed :/

• Senior Reefer

i found two unidentified liopropoma at ahbeng today.

the first one is called the yellow-tail basslet. it's unidentified and has no proper scientific name. as of now, it's called Liopropoma sp. quite common but notoriously difficult and always succumb to decompression maladies.

the second one is un-named, and is too, an unidentified basslet with no proper scientific name. as of now, it's also called Liopropoma sp. sp stands for species. this particular one resembles very closely, the One-lined basslet, Liopropoma latifasciatum.

no pictures of mine but both look exactly the same as these.

post-15755-052539100 1286369864_thumb.jp

post-15755-037410200 1286369872_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

hmm saw the 1st 1 at ah beng yesterday, tot it was cave basslet, haha now i know it's some unnamed fish.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

hmm saw the 1st 1 at ah beng yesterday, tot it was cave basslet, haha now i know it's some unnamed fish.

like i said, they are very common. just unnamed only.

cave basslet is Liopropoma mowbrayi from the atlantic.

post-15755-001707300 1286370871_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

hmm can imagine when u start to work full time after ur studies, ur tank will be stocked up with ultra exotic and rare gems be it corals or fishes, and wouldn't be surprise if u author a book on rare marine hobby fishes. :cheers:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• Senior Reefer

hmm can imagine when u start to work full time after ur studies, ur tank will be stocked up with ultra exotic and rare gems be it corals or fishes, and wouldn't be surprise if u author a book on rare marine hobby fishes. :cheers:

yes there are so many nice fish that i cannot buy now because i'm not working.

wrought iron butterfly

sanguineus hog fish

fuscipinnis anthias

bandit angel

conspic angel

and so many more.

all these are fish i want to own but need many many many months of saving.

so now i can only settle for semi-rare fish or extremely rare fish that are affordable. most of the rare fishes i owned are chanced upon by accident and sold cheaply because of the accidentle or unkown import. such as roseafascia fairy, beauperryi wrasse.

then i also only can buy rare but affordable fish like my marginalis butterfly, declivis butterfly, multilineatum basslet.

and i don't only love rare fish lah haha. that's quite a misconception. although i seem to pay less attention to cheaper and common fish, my love and interest lie in all marine fish.

i will never author a book. i cannot sit through writing stuff lah. maybe i will be an adventurer or explorer when i grow up haha.

• SRC Member

i love water changes.

:thumbsup:

yeah seem to improve alot of things.. u got iwarna to w/c for u?

Hey Lemon, try to find lobang and work for those oceanic research team, like those documentary i always watch from Discovery channel...than you can go and hunt for the fishes...foc some more :upsidedown:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Hey Lemon, try to find lobang and work for those oceanic research team, like those documentary i always watch from Discovery channel...than you can go and hunt for the fishes...foc some more :upsidedown:

haha.

it's not difficult to get lobang with them. they are readily accessible for contact.

fish experts like briane greene, richard pyle, hiroyuki tanaka etc are all contactable even on facebook.

take for example, john coppolino from the USA. he's a reefer like us but in a much higher leage of his own. he has excellent contacts with richard pyle, briane greene, gerard allen, diver rob (now dead) etc.

because of his excellent contacts and influence in the reefing scene, he has secured and had the great oppotunity to see so many rare and exotic fishes.

he has obtained a Rusty x flame angel hybrid from MACNA conference

he has obtained the original brookstock pair of Centropyge debelius from RCT, which unfortunately, did not make it in transport.

he has obtained a very rare king angel x clarion angel hybrid

he has a pair of Genicanthus semifasciatus

he has obtained almost all the combinations of tinkeri x burgess x flavocoronatus butterfly hybrids which are EXTREMELY rare!

he has obtained the one and only pair of xanthic flame wrasses, which are entirely white due to environmental conditions. the flame wrasses have since returned to normal colour.

he had the opportunity to photograph a live personatus angelfish on the actual dive expedition.

these are just some of his reefing accomplishments amongst a plethora of others. because he is influential, knowledgable and have very good contacts and friends.

local reefers like us very difficult because we are just a small country and we are not based in US etc.

also you need to have some background in fish history, geography, taxonomy etc.

what i know is not even the tip tip tippy tip of the iceberg and definitely definitely cannot compare or go anywhere close to copps and the other ichthyologists who have PhDs.

i'm just contented with making casual friends with some of the more influential people like Dr. hiroyuki tanaka, japanese wrasse expert and medical doctor. he described the naoko fairy wrasse and named it after his wife, Naoko. his profile is available on facebook so anyone can add him, chat, discuss information on fish, share pictures and knowledge etc. this is juz my love for marine fishes.

although there are many many rare fishes i want to see and obtain, i know it's not possible now and perhaps in the future when i have more money and resources, i could try to see them.

• SRC Member

haha.

it's not difficult to get lobang with them. they are readily accessible for contact.

fish experts like briane greene, richard pyle, hiroyuki tanaka etc are all contactable even on facebook.

take for example, john coppolino from the USA. he's a reefer like us but in a much higher leage of his own. he has excellent contacts with richard pyle, briane greene, gerard allen, diver rob (now dead) etc.

because of his excellent contacts and influence in the reefing scene, he has secured and had the great oppotunity to see so many rare and exotic fishes.

he has obtained a Rusty x flame angel hybrid from MACNA conference

he has obtained the original brookstock pair of Centropyge debelius from RCT, which unfortunately, did not make it in transport.

he has obtained a very rare king angel x clarion angel hybrid

he has a pair of Genicanthus semifasciatus

he has obtained almost all the combinations of tinkeri x burgess x flavocoronatus butterfly hybrids which are EXTREMELY rare!

he has obtained the one and only pair of xanthic flame wrasses, which are entirely white due to environmental conditions. the flame wrasses have since returned to normal colour.

he had the opportunity to photograph a live personatus angelfish on the actual dive expedition.

these are just some of his reefing accomplishments amongst a plethora of others. because he is influential, knowledgable and have very good contacts and friends.

local reefers like us very difficult because we are just a small country and we are not based in US etc.

also you need to have some background in fish history, geography, taxonomy etc.

what i know is not even the tip tip tippy tip of the iceberg and definitely definitely cannot compare or go anywhere close to copps and the other ichthyologists who have PhDs.

i'm just contented with making casual friends with some of the more influential people like Dr. hiroyuki tanaka, japanese wrasse expert and medical doctor. he described the naoko fairy wrasse and named it after his wife, Naoko. his profile is available on facebook so anyone can add him, chat, discuss information on fish, share pictures and knowledge etc. this is juz my love for marine fishes.

although there are many many rare fishes i want to see and obtain, i know it's not possible now and perhaps in the future when i have more money and resources, i could try to see them.

I agree, Dr Tanaka is a good man, very talented and never hesitate to share his knowledge on fish.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||