Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

nice sps meh? ok ok only lah.

luckily im not those obsessed about SPS kind. so i don't mind the drop in colour :) but the growth on the valida is encouraging.

xenias? i dunno. they just grow like weeds. but i like it though. i will only start complaining and cutting them once they run out of space to grow. which won't take long since they're on their own rock sitting in the middle of the sand.

ahahaha, my xenias dont grow like weeds lo. they just go skinnier. siannnzzz. but i see alot of serpent stars on them. symboitic relationship? lol.

sps ah, slowly lah. your tank nutrient level so high now. they dont go brown on you should be encouraging alr. slowly lo :) it's always a gradual learning curve :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

very interesting colours on ur 2 sps.. nonetheless still nice.. the 'greening' effect could be due to lightings.. it could work both way, good or bad, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. :)

in my old tank, some of the frags that i took from my dad's tank, turned out slightly more green as compared to those in his tank.. the only difference in our tanks are lightings, so i attribute that mainly to the spectrums that we're using..

on a side note, ALL THE BEST for your exams, good luck! must visit you after your exams.. exchange some pointers (maybe even frags) on sps, and admire your softies.. :thumbsup:

• Senior Reefer

very interesting colours on ur 2 sps.. nonetheless still nice.. the 'greening' effect could be due to lightings.. it could work both way, good or bad, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. :)

in my old tank, some of the frags that i took from my dad's tank, turned out slightly more green as compared to those in his tank.. the only difference in our tanks are lightings, so i attribute that mainly to the spectrums that we're using..

on a side note, ALL THE BEST for your exams, good luck! must visit you after your exams.. exchange some pointers (maybe even frags) on sps, and admire your softies.. :thumbsup:

thanks! :)

well i don't mind any colour as long as not brown :)

sure come visit whenever you are free

• Senior Reefer

Pseudanthias randalli.

small young male. hopefully it will grow big and develop the two bright magenta stripes on it's body that adult randalli anthias are famous for!

photo of what i hope it will grow into, below.

got 2 males 3 females. got them i think 1-2 weeks ago. easy to feed too

post-15755-075920400 1284448988_thumb.jp

post-15755-084538400 1284449143.txt

• Senior Reefer

nice randalli you have there.. hope to see it become an alpha male one day.. :)

it will take very long.

now there are 2 very faint stripes on the body. not shown in the photo. i have a larger male and 3 females. when the male display, the stripes become more evident.

• SRC Member

it will take very long.

now there are 2 very faint stripes on the body. not shown in the photo. i have a lagrer male and 3 females. when the male display, the stripes become more evident.

actually if you look closely at the photo, can already see a faint purple stripe.. purplish hue..

that day at iwarna i saw the male bartlett at the display tank, damn nice, i think i got slight anthia-poison liao.. hahaha..

• Senior Reefer

actually if you look closely at the photo, can already see a faint purple stripe.. purplish hue..

that day at iwarna i saw the male bartlett at the display tank, damn nice, i think i got slight anthia-poison liao.. hahaha..

in real life the line is more easily seen. the picture doesn't show it.

that is the male colouration for randall's. two purple and two orange stripes.

only when they are alpha male then the stripes gets so sink and gorgeous like the photo i posted.

anyway i don't really like anthias, but bartletts and randalls are ok since they are colourful and very easy. all others are either too boring or too difficult.

my favourite is the endangered and super rare Pseudanthias regalis from Marquesas (shown below). won't get to see them since there's no collection there.

there are also many rare and gorgeous ones likes the infamous Ventralis anthias, the flavicauda anthias from fiji only, leucozonas from bali etc etc. but alot of them are too difficult, too expensive or too rare.

anthias are a tough family of fishes as far as price, obtainability and difficulty is concerned

post-15755-061519000 1284550682.txt

Lemon possible to post your equipments that you're using other than your deltec skimmer. Haven't seen any updates on your hardware....any dosing pump, FR.......etc

• SRC Member

do post tt supposedly hybrid flame angel that wasn't dude! was quite keen on it, but end up didn't have the time to go down. :D

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

do post tt supposedly hybrid flame angel that wasn't dude! was quite keen on it, but end up didn't have the time to go down. :D

if it's a real shepardi hybrid i will be shitting bricks.

shepardi is a super rare angel from guam and japan and we will never get to see it because no collection.

this one is just a regular flame but with very aberrant features. stared for 45 mins wondering if i should get it but it's so unique.

there's only 3 bars on each side and the bars are very thin compared to normal.

but still cannot compare to the completely red totally barless one from marquesas which is super rare and unobtainable.

will post pic either later or tomorrow lah. this guy also very greedy. feeding in the shop, feeding in my betta box.

• Senior Reefer

Lemon possible to post your equipments that you're using other than your deltec skimmer. Haven't seen any updates on your hardware....any dosing pump, FR.......etc

hi jeremy.

for my return i'm using 2x eheim 1264

a deltec SC 2060

a daikin 1HP compressor

a deltec pf 601 CR

4x blue ATI T5 to balance the MH

2x 10k BLV bulbs on 2 150W MH. very yellow, hence the T5.

that's all.

• SRC Member

if it's a real shepardi hybrid i will be shitting bricks.

shepardi is a super rare angel from guam and japan and we will never get to see it because no collection.

this one is just a regular flame but with very aberrant features. stared for 45 mins wondering if i should get it but it's so unique.

there's only 3 bars on each side and the bars are very thin compared to normal.

but still cannot compare to the completely red totally barless one from marquesas which is super rare and unobtainable.

will post pic either later or tomorrow lah. this guy also very greedy. feeding in the shop, feeding in my betta box.

cool, looking forward to it! now like bigbird says u're the one and only who has it! :cheers:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

cool, looking forward to it! now like bigbird says u're the one and only who has it! :cheers:

dun get too excited... it might not be what you're hoping for.

it's just a flame with lesser bars is all.

i would much rather prefer the real shepardi!

post-15755-095431600 1284732437_thumb.jp