Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

very baby venustus angel. compare it with the size of a blood shrimp which is only one inch!

i've never seen venustus angels so small before. like multibars, they do very well the smaller they are. large ones adapt poorly and often die despite feeding. which is what happened to my previous pair.

How is your baby venustus angel ? Did you manage to get it to feed ? Love this fish so much, but didn't succeed to get it to feed twice before it go up the lorry. So far, the only venustus angel i saw feeding is inside Thomas lim's tank which is feeding like a pig . But too bad, he already sold to someone else..

• Senior Reefer

How is your baby venustus angel ? Did you manage to get it to feed ? Love this fish so much, but didn't succeed to get it to feed twice before it go up the lorry. So far, the only venustus angel i saw feeding is inside Thomas lim's tank which is feeding like a pig . But too bad, he already sold to someone else..

venustus is not difficult to feed.

ok it's difficult, but can be done. and i've seen so many feeding venustus before. the problem is they still die even after feeding. most of the time is collection problems.

venustus is not difficult to feed.

ok it's difficult, but can be done. and i've seen so many feeding venustus before. the problem is they still die even after feeding. most of the time is collection problems.

The smaller ones are easier, they eat faster than big one but this one dunno why not feeding..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

The tank is still within it's first few months so please please pardon the diatoms... and sheer untidiness!

I'm happy that the hair algae has been reduced and obliterated to a meer 5% from it's former reign over my tank. The diatom, has yet to meet it's demise. hopefully soon...

and sorry for the blurriness. the tank is now 25C (lowest), and is condensing... hence the fogged up glass. aiyah good also lah. so ugly inside all the algae. dun show better

the front

post-15755-011815200 1282826892_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Somehow the front view looks nicer... :thumbsup:

meaning? the scape ah?

i dunno lah. initially when i first set up, it's very nice 1. clean, and sharp. then now the diatom and everything grow omg zzz. u know my sandbed the diatom grow like a mat until it's so tough, the xenia and cesp is spreading ON THE SAND.

that time i tore down to scape to catch out something. then have to re-do the scape as closely as possible. since i only have 11 liverocks, replicating it is not very difficult.. manage to get 85% resemblance. very good liao.

usually when tear down and try to re-make, is almost impossible.

actually can bring it down to 9 liverocks. but i over-buy then very waste so i used everything lah. 11.

meaning? the scape ah?

i dunno lah. initially when i first set up, it's very nice 1. clean, and sharp. then now the diatom and everything grow omg zzz. u know my sandbed the diatom grow like a mat until it's so tough, the xenia and cesp is spreading ON THE SAND.

that time i tore down to scape to catch out something. then have to re-do the scape as closely as possible. since i only have 11 liverocks, replicating it is not very difficult.. manage to get 85% resemblance. very good liao.

actually can bring it down to 9 liverocks. but i over-buy then very waste so i used everything lah. 11.

Although covered w diatoms and hair algae, can still tell that the rockscape is v nice and successful. Hope it clear fast.

meaning? the scape ah?

Ya... The front scape got the depth feel but the side view is quite normal... But nonetheless is nice...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Although covered w diatoms and hair algae, can still tell that the rockscape is v nice and successful. Hope it clear fast.

i like the front... but the sides.. ehhhhh quite iffy. but yes hope the diatom clear. it's so sickening and i hate the diatom stage.

Ya... The front scape got the depth feel but the side view is quite normal... But nonetheless is nice...

bo bian. if i change the sides, the front will be difference. cover up with corals next time.

• Senior Reefer

Bro, have you been doing water changes?

yes.

no use. everything test 0 also no use.

new tank syndrome lah. i'm just being patient and waiting it out. my old tank also like that. no use fretting over it...

not going to be technical and dose chemical a,b,c test element x,y,z for something that will clear over time. :)

yes.

no use. everything test 0 also no use.

new tank syndrome lah. i'm just being patient and waiting it out. my old tank also like that. no use fretting over it...

not going to be technical and dose chemical a,b,c test element x,y,z for something that will clear over time. :)

ic.

If it doesn't affect you, just off your lights long time. see what happens (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Nothing. i don't know if you can see properly from the front shot, becoz it's very difficult to portray depth via photography.

but if you see in real life, there are actually 3 valleys. and since i cannot capture it on film, here's a badly drawn top down representation showing the three valleys.

the valleys are not going to be filled with anything and will remain empty. but the rocks flaking the valleys will have corals bah. the whole idea is to have empty space with sandbed.

coz there's nothing i like more than looking at sand in a reef tank. alot of people don't realise, but having big patches of visible sand spaces greatly enhances the spaciousness of the tank. '

unfortunately, the sandbed is brown now.

post-15755-056074000 1282840146_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

i was wondering why my tank looked so dim.

so i siphoned all the diatoms away and omg! brightness increased by like 30%!

the white sandbed underneath reflected the light back up which greatly enhanced brightness.