Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

i heard there is a sea hare over population prob here?

wanna trade with my mysis shrimp lolx..

yup.

my seahare spawned in my tank and i have little seahares crawling around.

they're only 0.7cm and they are same colour as rock and algae. so spotting them is very hard... and they usually only come out at night.

today spotted 3. i will try to harvest them for you if you really want... but you would probably be better off buying bigger ones at LFS. tiny 0.7cm seahares are lousy algae eaters.

yup.

they're only 0.7cm and they are same colour as rock and algae. so spotting them is very hard... and they usually only come out at night.

today spotted 3. i will try to harvest them for you if you really want... but you would probably be better off buying bigger ones at LFS. tiny 0.7cm seahares are lousy algae eaters.

Actually quite big liao... Good for small tanks..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

yup.

Bro,

Me interested!! Now confinement, need all the algae eater I can find. Baby seahare all the better! :thumbsup: Adults ones tend to be too clumsy.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Senior Reefer

How you frag?

just cut the stem and put it in a low flow area full of rocks for it to stick lor... cannot. will melt after a few days.

Bro,

Me interested!! Now confinement, need all the algae eater I can find. Baby seahare all the better! :thumbsup: Adults ones tend to be too clumsy.

wah so many orders. i can't even find where they are now!! lol.

lemme see if i can find or not... like finding a needle in a haystack

• Senior Reefer

Are they on a rocks?

main colony all stick on rocks le. the frags i frag i just let them rest on coral chips and small rocks in a betta box. low flow so it will stick. but will melt.

i try alot of methods also lol. i try the toothpick method, melt even faster. tried the mesh method also melt.

maybe i put a rock next to the main stem and let it stick to that rock.

main colony all stick on rocks le. the frags i frag i just let them rest on coral chips and small rocks in a betta box. low flow so it will stick. but will melt.

i try alot of methods also lol. i try the toothpick method, melt even faster. tried the mesh method also melt.

maybe i put a rock next to the main stem and let it stick to that rock.

Cut liao pass me? LOL.. I try?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

WAHH! how you get them pulsing so much?

Mine doesnt pulse anymore! :(

i don't know. these i had since my old tank! they were from reborn's first ever walt smith shipment.

the one at the back with the big fluffier polyps is from iwarna's last walt smith shipment.

never really did anything. they just pulse alot since day 1.

the variety i think? where did you get yours from.

i don't know. these i had since my old tank! they were from reborn's first ever walt smith shipment.

the one at the back with the big fluffier polyps is from iwarna's last walt smith shipment.

never really did anything. they just pulse alot since day 1.

the variety i think? where did you get yours from.

Irwana's walt smith/fiji last shipment.

I put them directly under my vortech! lol. where did you put yours? (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Irwana's walt smith/fiji last shipment.

I put them directly under my vortech! lol. where did you put yours? (:

ah. dun put them in too high flow. xenias don't pulse if the flow is too strong. try turning off all your wavemakers and pump for 5 minutes and make the water still and current-less. see if your xenias will pulse.

mine are in an area with very low, gentle flow. thus the strong pulsation.

the exact reason why they pulse is unknown. no one knows why xenia pulse. but strong flow will usually stop pulsing.

ah. dun put them in too high flow. xenias don't pulse if the flow is too strong. try turning off all your wavemakers and pump for 5 minutes and make the water still and current-less. see if your xenias will pulse.

mine are in an area with very low, gentle flow. thus the strong pulsation.

the exact reason why they pulse is unknown. no one knows why xenia pulse. but strong flow will usually stop pulsing.

ahhh! and is the stoppage a permanent one? :S

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

ahhh! and is the stoppage a permanent one? :S

no.

they will resume pulsing in lower flow. just dun blast them or subject them to high flow.

but some xenias don't pulse even in low flow. depends on individual xenias... does not mean they're unhealthy though

no.

they will resume pulsing in lower flow. just dun blast them or subject them to high flow.

but some xenias don't pulse even in low flow. depends on individual xenias... does not mean they're unhealthy though

phew! ok. i shall try. currently looking at a lack of real estate problem :S

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.