Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

ok thanks everyone for the input.

i just opened up all my test kits to read since i'm bored...

ammonia and PO4 test kits are printed ENTIRELY in german! the other test kits have english translations except for ammonia and PO4.

this renders the test kits useless and i'll need to call to see what i can do about it :P

or use google translator hehe

Eh? Previously was all in English leh... LOL... Too bad I dun have the testkits with me liao.. Maybe you search online, they should have...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

oo union ball valve haha. got it. i know it's a ball valve, just dunno wat kind.

the glue? oops ._. nvm lah. done liao huh? :P

the tests kit... well... expensive but important lah. i've only got the essential ones like mg, ca, kh, ph no need coz i got probe, NO3, NH4 (important since im running QT tanks as well), and that's basically it? if i remember correctly.

yes the sand bed idea is very good too. i like it :P

definitely will be adding something on the overflow to cushion the sound. wool, carbon etc can be done. no worries.

and lastly, i wont do anything to the flow of the returns. i wanted strong intermittent flow thats why i did it. if not defeat the purpose. i will see how it goes with the coil. see if need to tune or not.

and thank you for loving my tank! :)

ehh about the water level in your last compartment you can consider putting more water into that compartment also. but ultimtaely that may cause your sump to overflow when power shortage cuts. :S

Anyway have you done the power shortage cut test ie. see if your sump can cope with the amount of water collected due to backflow? and have you cut a hole in each of your return pipe to act as backflow break? (:

otherwise, it's a REALLY crystal clear tank! hahaha

and don't use saltwater. I also going to use saltmix this weekend for my water change. darn it. haha! but remember to mix salt already then put sand in. MUST! otherwise you may have to recalibrate your salinity level somedays later (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

ehh about the water level in your last compartment you can consider putting more water into that compartment also. but ultimtaely that may cause your sump to overflow when power shortage cuts. :S

cannot put water inside because after back-flow, it's just nice. anymore water and sploosh!

Anyway have you done the power shortage cut test ie. see if your sump can cope with the amount of water collected due to backflow? and have you cut a hole in each of your return pipe to act as backflow break? (:

yes have tested already. after backflow it's just nice.

otherwise, it's a REALLY crystal clear tank! hahaha

i know right! LOL. thanks!

and don't use saltwater. I also going to use saltmix this weekend for my water change. darn it. haha! but remember to mix salt already then put sand in. MUST! otherwise you may have to recalibrate your salinity level somedays later (:

ok then. will call iwarna to cancel the delivery of NSW.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

successfully translated all my test kits.

thank goodness for instructions! ammonia test kit reagents contain mercury salts -___-

wth.. and they were like "WARNING WARNING" IN GERMAN! pfft

• Senior Reefer

Anyway bro, do you need help with the rockscaping etc?

I can lend you some hands since I am free this weekend (:

haha. no lah no need thanks. have someone to help me liao :)

• Senior Reefer

you trust her? wait instead of 2 drops she read as 2 teaspoon.. LOL

haha! can make out some of the german lah. like seconden... seconds. lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look out for rock hard muffin!!!

HAHAHAHA! live rock

haha. no lah no need thanks. have someone to help me liao :)

oh alrights! :D oh yah I thought of which LFS can ask for NSW liao!

can ask Coralfarm! they are ISO company, water quality should be there but only thing is I dont know if they send water to your place :X

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

oh alrights! :D oh yah I thought of which LFS can ask for NSW liao!

can ask Coralfarm! they are ISO company, water quality should be there but only thing is I dont know if they send water to your place :X

don't think so bah haha. nvm. i'll use salt...

cheapo salt can right? since it's just for cycling ._.

oceanic? lol

don't think so bah haha. nvm. i'll use salt...

cheapo salt can right? since it's just for cycling ._.

oceanic? lol

OCeanic should be just nice..

LOL... Or buy Coralife lor... Think Reborn got sell..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

OCeanic should be just nice..

LOL... Or buy Coralife lor... Think Reborn got sell..

i got oceanic at home so can use. but i think not enough so i will buy summore later. i dun wan keep too much salt at home. as it is i alot of barang everywhere. house dam messy.

i got oceanic at home so can use. but i think not enough so i will buy summore later. i dun wan keep too much salt at home. as it is i alot of barang everywhere. house dam messy.

You will need 1 full bucket at least..

Member of:

Oceanic = cheapo salt? OMG! my class and your class seriously different! ahaha

I use Instant Ocean previously and Marine Environment. May switch back to IO after I finished my Marine Environment salt (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Oceanic = cheapo salt? OMG! my class and your class seriously different! ahaha

I use Instant Ocean previously and Marine Environment. May switch back to IO after I finished my Marine Environment salt (:

honestly, i don't use salt mix at all. so my "cheapo" and your cheapo totally diff.

i'm comparing oceanic to D&D, tropicmarin that kind lah. that's why i say "cheapo"... cheaper compared to the other more ex 1.

honestly, i don't use salt mix at all. so my "cheapo" and your cheapo totally diff.

i'm comparing oceanic to D&D, tropicmarin that kind lah. that's why i say "cheapo"... cheaper compared to the other more ex 1.

hahaha yeah those other 2 are expensive! but bro, do read up more on salt mixes and see what works for you. different brand got different composition level. some high in mag, some high in kh haha (:

and I also cheapo guy lah! my first salt was red sea! even more cui! lol! then Instant Ocean cause Clementi 328 sells one box of 4kg for $14 minus bargain. after bargain $12 :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

hahaha yeah those other 2 are expensive! but bro, do read up more on salt mixes and see what works for you. different brand got different composition level. some high in mag, some high in kh haha (:

and I also cheapo guy lah! my first salt was also corallife! lol! then Instant Ocean cause Clementi 328 sells one box of 4kg for $14 minus bargain. after bargain $12 :P

i more cheapo. use table salt :P

• Senior Reefer

today's shopping. 1 pail of oceanic salt and 6 bags of sand.

decided not to go with the NSW. so called iwarna to cancel. but will be going down tomorrow to get my liverock.

post-15755-12767649680791_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and in goes the whole bucket of salt. woosh..

i think it will take a few hours for everything to dissolve and give a homogenous reading for salinity.

the entire bottom of the tank is filled with a layer of salt. mmm. salt for sandbed. hehe.

after stirring and turning on the pumps, everything is dissolving along nicely.

here's the glass box with the HYPERsaline water

post-15755-12767650528127_thumb.jpg