Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Lol... packing them neatly into boxes is one thing, keeping it that way is another! :upsidedown:

you're right. i had to empty out the messed up box to make it re-neat. but nvm. new tank new start! :P

Hehe, it will end up messy everytime.. LOL..

yes lol!

• Senior Reefer

Hehe, it will end up messy everytime.. LOL..

you look at how many bottles of NLS i have. 6 bottles! i dun even know why i have SO MUCH FISH FOOD!

6x NLS

1x dainichi

1x ocean nutrition

1x dr bassler..

dam waste money on food. now i left so much

i have 3x petri dishes, 4x beaker and 20 test tubes. i dun use them anymore but hope they can benefit me in reefing stuff one day. lol.

you look at how many bottles of NLS i have. 6 bottles! i dun even know why i have SO MUCH FISH FOOD!

6x NLS

1x dainichi

1x ocean nutrition

1x dr bassler..

dam waste money on food. now i left so much

i have 3x petri dishes, 4x beaker and 20 test tubes. i dun use them anymore but hope they can benefit me in reefing stuff one day. lol.

LOL... So many and i tot i have a lot liao.. 3 bottles... LOL..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Almost got lost with your tank thread and terry's!!! hahaha i remembered you using ehiem internal return pumps and now i see a external return pump..... :wacko: didn't know you guys hand the similar sump design.

I notice that both of you place your skimmer at the 1st stage of the sump, wouldn't it be better if placed at the last stage before returning back into the main tank?

pls advice

Almost got lost with your tank thread and terry's!!! hahaha i remembered you using ehiem internal return pumps and now i see a external return pump..... :wacko: didn't know you guys hand the similar sump design.

I notice that both of you place your skimmer at the 1st stage of the sump, wouldn't it be better if placed at the last stage before returning back into the main tank?

pls advice

LOL... Lemon one is Eheim, Mine is Reeflo...

Microbubble issue and it doesnt make a difference(IMO)where it is placed, Its main purpose is to skim out protein so if it skims den I wun bother much about the placement...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

pls advice

like terryz said, no difference. i put mine at the first compartment so it filters water straight away from the main tank.

besides, last compartment houses my return pumps and titanium coil. should there be any microbubble problem the main tank would be affected.

• Moderators

Lemon, i saw your post in Terryz's thread that you gonna add sand.

if you are going to have strong flow in future for SPS.

Grade 1 will be a be headache unless u can place your rockscape and wave maker to minimize the "hole in sandbed effect".

Just my 2 cts. smile.gif

Tom

Grade 1 will be a be headache unless u can place your rockscape and wave maker to minimize the "hole in sandbed effect".

Just my 2 cts. smile.gif

That was the same advice from all the LFS... LOL... I guess he have a plan in mind(Hopefully)..

Member of:

• Moderators

That was the same advice from all the LFS... LOL... I guess he have a plan in mind(Hopefully)..

That's good to know. I manage to overcome this by using rockscape and using counter wave method for my current decomming SPS tank.

But I can't stop my 2 giant pistol shrimps from making the hole thou..thumbdown.gif

Knowning Lemon, he will come out with some magic la. welldone.gif

Tom

• Senior Reefer

Just my 2 cts. smile.gif

hi thomas. thanks for lending your time in my humble thread :paiseh:

yah i know about the sandstorm. that's why i'm mixing grade 1 and 3 together, and also i have already though of a way to reduce sandstorm based on rockscaping and wavemaker placement :P

yah lol :P none of the LFS advice me to put sand. but i love sand and if not for sand my livestock choice will be limited.

That's good to know. I manage to overcome this by using rockscape and using counter wave method for my current decomming SPS tank.

But I can't stop my 2 giant pistol shrimps from making the hole thou..thumbdown.gif

Knowning Lemon, he will come out with some magic la. welldone.gif

lol thanks for the compliment :paiseh:

i hope my "magic" work also lol.

• Senior Reefer

new updates

- installed 2 ball valves for each 1264 return

- installed the thingy for the future calcium reactor (dunno what's it called)

- compressor and coil will be done by either tomorrow, friday or early next week! wow! much faster than i thought.

- will be doing a leak test for the pipes in about 30 mins after the glue dries. :D

new updates

- installed 2 ball valves for each 1264 return

- installed the thingy for the future calcium reactor (dunno what's it called)

- compressor and coil will be done by either tomorrow, friday or early next week! wow! much faster than i thought.

- will be doing a leak test for the pipes in about 30 mins after the glue dries. :D

You sure you dun wan to wait 1 day to do leak test...

What thingy? The small pipe for feeding the CR ah>?

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

You sure you dun wan to wait 1 day to do leak test...

What thingy? The small pipe for feeding the CR ah>?

i testing leak for pipes only not tank.

should be ok. the glue dries quite quickly and the pipes are small.

• Senior Reefer

i've decided to just run the full leak test lah. pipes + tank.

but for now, here's the 2 valves with the "thingy". dunno what is the actual term for it. i'm quite ok when it comes to livestock but when it comes to stuff like this, i seriously CMI.

post-15755-12766743199142_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12766743763216_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and like the first drop of rain on a severely dried up watering hole in the african savana, i say, LET THERE BE WATER!

the flow rate for the 2 eheims combined is super fast. can drain the entire sump in seconds.

post-15755-127667442759_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12766744355367_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12766744421485_thumb.jpg

i think i'm crazy. the more i see my tank the smaller it looks. i think i'm used to it already that's why.

damn should have just gone for 4.5ft x 4.5ft :P

LOL... I think your mum will kill you if you did... Might as well get a pond.. LOL..

I still feel my tank is very big...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

LOL... I think your mum will kill you if you did... Might as well get a pond.. LOL..

I still feel my tank is very big...

she will kill me and use my bones to hang laundry.

argh the overflow sound is noisy! need to deal with it :)