Can a six line wrasse get along with a flasher wrasse

• Senior Reefer

A google search said the six line will not be able to get along with other "lined" wrasse. Not sure if the flasher is counted.. :thanks:

"lined" wrasse are from the genus pseudocheilinus., aka the lined wrasses, including 6 line, 4 line, 8 line, and mystery wrasse.

Flasher wrasse are from the genus Paracheilinus, and there are many flashers wrasses.

Lined wrasses (6 lines) can have the tendency to get very aggressive and fierce. On the other hand, flasher wrasses are very timid and cnanot tolerate aggression. Given time, they will get bolder and may get fierce, but if newly introduced, they are very timid and will jump when frightend.

If your 6 line is very established, i reccomend trapping it first before introducing the flasher. If not, introduce with caution as the 6 line might get too fierce for the flasher.

If you are adding a 6 line to the tank with an established flasher wrasse, just go ahead and add. Nothing will happen as flashers are peaceful

It depends on which fish you are adding to which fish. 6 line to a tank with flasher? or flasher to a tank with 6 line.

Hope this helps

• Senior Reefer

It wouldnt get along with any other wrasse not only in its same genus...

Six line is the worst wrasse to get if you plan to go for other wrasse...

agreed on this. but can be done if the tank is large enough.

don't mix the lined wrasses together. 6 line, 8 line, mystery, 4 line. If die die want to keep one of these, add them in last as they are really very fierce. NEVER add more than 1 lined wrasse as they will fight like mad unless your tank is large enough to sustain both.

agreed on this. but can be done if the tank is large enough.

don't mix the lined wrasses together. 6 line, 8 line, mystery, 4 line. If die die want to keep one of these, add them in last as they are really very fierce. NEVER add more than 1 lined wrasse as they will fight like mad unless your tank is large enough to sustain both.

Definition of large is really LARGE.. LOL... :upsidedown: :upsidedown: 8 line is most aggressive and brutal from other reefers...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Definition of large is really LARGE.. LOL... :upsidedown: :upsidedown: 8 line is most aggressive and brutal from other reefers...

8 line and mystery! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

the flasher has been in the tank for a month or so. Its flasher then six line.

I get the logic behind adding the fiercest fish last, but over time the fierce will will get established too, will things still be ok then? Or once its peaceful (because its added last) then it'll remain like that (assuming no more newbies)?

Thanks for the detailed answer! I wasn't sure how far up the phylogenetic tree the aggression extends. :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

bro your tank is 15 gallons. I wouldn't add the 6 line even as a last fish.

Yes, the basic concept is to add in the most aggressive fish last, but in your case there is absolutely not enough space to spread out aggression. Most prob will end up with the flasher jumping out of water.

• Senior Reefer

the flasher has been in the tank for a month or so. Its flasher then six line.

I get the logic behind adding the fiercest fish last, but over time the fierce will will get established too, will things still be ok then? Or once its peaceful (because its added last) then it'll remain like that (assuming no more newbies)?

Thanks for the detailed answer! I wasn't sure how far up the phylogenetic tree the aggression extends. :upsidedown:

it is possible, and with 6 line (VERY POSSIBLE), that the fierce fish when added last will still attack a peaceful fish added first.

i won't suggest keeping 6 line at all. it's not even that nice anyway and certainly not worth the aggressiveness.