Tunze 6025 modification

Digiman

Although it's v old news le, but i jux found out this recently and tot would share w those who dunno: By cutting out the inner shroud of tunze 6025 bracket u can increase it's flow by 40% to 50% or more! I tried it on both my 6025 and the effect is amazing. In less than 5 mins i cut and trim away the shroud and run the pump and OMG i can feel the stark increase in flow with my hand. I can even see more water movement and circulation in the tank too.

For those who havent read this before: Tunze Nanostream Mod and

fantastic info! but it will void the warranty of the product right?

I've checked w RD (where i bought my pump) and they told me the warranty mainly covers the motor part so as long as watever we modify are on the bracket cover and not the motor part, it'll not void the warranty.

The modification is easy to do and achieve great results. For those who are like me not content with the flow of 6025, u can try this modification.

I'm loving the extra flow now, it kicks 6045 and 6065 away!

• Senior Reefer

I've checked w RD (where i bought my pump) and they told me the warranty mainly covers the motor part so as long as watever we modify are on the bracket cover and not the motor part, it'll not void the warranty.

The modification is easy to do and achieve great results. For those who are like me not content with the flow of 6025, u can try this modification.

I'm loving the extra flow now, it kicks 6045 and 6065 away!

Isit possible for a photo? haha. kinda confused where to cut ._. the thread posted quite confusing also.. .__.

Isit possible for a photo? haha. kinda confused where to cut ._. the thread posted quite confusing also.. .__.

No la i din take any photos while cutting. Jux read thru the thread link. There are 3 kinds of mods, i only did the standard mod(which is to cut away the inner shroud) because only have wire cutter, and the result is good enough for me. U can refer to page 27 of the thread for a clearer photo of where they've cut den open up your 6025 u'll see where the difference is.