HELP!!! Did I just buy a KILLER BLENNY???

I bought a blenny from Aquamarin's new Malaysia shipment yesterday. I thought it was a Bicolor or Midas Blenny, but today I saw him bare his teeth and fangs at my Damsel. It was waiting in the rock waiting for the damsel to swim past then it try to take a bite outta the damsel. Weird thing is that the Damsel kept on trying to irritate the blenny.

Please help ID and whether I need to take the Blenny out.

IMG_9673.JPG

IMG_9688.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

nice photo there.. do u need any ppl to adopt your killer benny.. :) if yes can pm me.. :)

LOL problem is always getting him outta the display tank....

As for the photo the lens is the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM .... pretty much a small animal lens ... specialized for this purpose only.

it ok for them to behave like this after awhile it'll be fine as i face before

firstly the damsel wanna tell it that i'm the boss of this area

second the blenny also don't wanna be bully that's all

if no one go bully it, normally it'll just stay it ownself

• SRC Member

It's midas from maldives shipment. Why would you want to get him out, i would remove the damsel instead, lol.

Likely the damsel trying to bully it since it's a new comer and Midas is defending itself. I got the midas too, it's living peacefully with all my fishes, big and small.

• SRC Member

hmm the 3rd pic does look kinda menacing, reminds of of some over sized monster terrorizing little humans. :eyebrow: but nice pictures man! wish I could take such pix too, sorry for diluting your thread, haha. hmm yeah I would rather not have the damsel too, kinda aggressive to every other fishes, :unsure:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

hmm the 3rd pic does look kinda menacing, reminds of of some over sized monster terrorizing little humans. :eyebrow: but nice pictures man! wish I could take such pix too, sorry for diluting your thread, haha. hmm yeah I would rather not have the damsel too, kinda aggressive to every other fishes, :unsure:

no you're not diluting the thread.

Damsels are easy fish to keep. This blenny like quite difficult, doesn't really eat food unless it crosses within 1 inch of his path, usually blennies are not like this.

As for the pics, the trick is the right lens. I've been photographing small creatures for long time, including hamsters etc. some for SPCA etc. I find a 60mm macro on a APS size sensor camera ideal for an aquarium below 2 feet breadth. So I should take better pics really given the time I spend on photography, but unfortunately no talent!