Milch's Reef Learning Journey

Milch_Tan

• SRC Member

Bro, Please dun buy more and cut them, just buy when you need it... They can regenerate in the wild but in captivity, it is not easy for them to regenerate from what I experienced, They will just melt away..

hmm thanks for the timely info bro! else i would have been a murderer haha. :ThanxSmiley: will monitor the remains and speed of consumption by the shrimps. :cheers:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

You will be surprised by the speed of comsumption... LOL...

hmm actually I am already very very amazed. haha. these are 1 hella mean sea star eating machine. :evil: just hope they'll manage to hunt some pest sea star (though have not seem them for some time *fingers crossed* ).

u don't happen to keep any sea star now do u?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

hmm actually I am already very very amazed. haha. these are 1 hella mean sea star eating machine. :evil: just hope they'll manage to hunt some pest sea star (though have not seem them for some time *fingers crossed* ).

u don't happen to keep any sea star now do u?

They eat a lot... lol..

I am not keeping any sea star right now... Plan on keeping Hawaii Harlequin.. But no time yet...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

some minor updates, mainly some new corals and finally able to capture 3 fishes that I've spent the longest time waiting and hoping for it to flare.

corals, shared some sps and zoa frags with few good bros here. Mostly are scattered around the tank.

First up, the Great Wall-style sps ridge and 1 close up.

post-17701-070094400 1286807493_thumb.jp

post-17701-033082800 1286807611_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

next some random shot of the corals in 2 diff location.

post-17701-043705400 1286807659_thumb.jp

post-17701-080536600 1286807675_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and the purple tip elegance :) thanks to the bro who help spotted this man! loving it, despite me not really into big LPS like this :thanks::D

post-17701-081618900 1286807819_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and FTS after some minor inclusion.

post-17701-020506800 1286807875_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and lastly, the 3 fishes that took me quite a while to get their photos, pardon the bad quality of the pictures.

first is the Blue Hana Goby from Reborn's Japan shipment some time back, an ultra timid but beautiful fish (spectrum of blue and hints of pink not captured with my lousy camera), tot it was a goner after not seeing it for 1week, but it came out looking fatter. haha. and finally managed to get pictures of it flaring and even manage to capture Assuie Hooded in the act too! :yahoo:

thankfully this fish is starting to show itself more often these days, however will still dart back into its nest place when it sense sudden movement from outside the tank, it never leaves more than 1/2 feet away from its home.

and the final pic is the male red scooter blenny 1/2 flaring with its dorsal fin, took it with flash accidentally hence the colors looks really off.

post-17701-058318900 1286808228_thumb.jp

post-17701-074041800 1286808233_thumb.jp

post-17701-081525300 1286808241_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Very nice P. haenae.

i do see some minor geographical variants between P. hanae from philippines and japan. very nice.

nice australian hooded too. although my least favourite of the three variants of hooded, its still beautiful and i like this species very much.

• SRC Member

Looks familiar... Law reserved for you???

this pcs is from LCK's recent shipment :)

Very nice P. haenae.

i do see some minor geographical variants between P. hanae from philippines and japan. very nice.

nice australian hooded too. although my least favourite of the three variants of hooded, its still beautiful and i like this species very much.

hmm I couldn't really tell, any give away? pls enlighten. :ThanxSmiley: anyhow, u've gotten your fav. hooded variant already, do update more pix soon for ur new purchases today!

• SRC Member

time to show your whites

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

time to show your whites

whites? very interesting colour.. have no idea what it is.. photos photos milch! :superman:

btw ur lineatus really big and nice.. tok kong.. :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

haven't updated in a while, had a serious heat issue when my compressor's power was off for more than 24 hours w/o me realizing, and to only come home to a tank of 33 degrees at 9pm. Casualty includes 1 SPS small colony and 1 hooded wrasse.

Any how, here are some random pics taken between the last 2 weeks, have been busy with personal stuff lately.

• SRC Member

time to show your whites

whites? very interesting colour.. have no idea what it is.. photos photos milch! :superman:

btw ur lineatus really big and nice.. tok kong.. :thumbsup:

here are the white guys :) pics were taken about 2 weeks back the plats have since gotten some black pigments in their fins.

post-17701-005277600 1288510550_thumb.jp

post-17701-066962500 1288510553_thumb.jp

post-17701-042381400 1288510559_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

new addition : Neon Green leather, kinda small frag from LCK's ORA shipment, absolutely beautiful, but camera can't capture.

post-17701-076316400 1288511727_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

an interesting observation in 1 of the Millie, in particular bro Thomas_Lim 's red millie frag, those who have seen his Red Millie would know that particular millie is extremely red, but after the heat incident, the colors have some what changed, from the brown out color in aug, to a gradual yellowish body, and most recently apple green, I've edited the last pic slightly to show the actual colors as I've seen with my eyes.

post-17701-074970500 1288511894_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and my hooded has gone up to wrasse heaven, here are 2 pics in memory of it when it was checking out the new flame wrasse I added.

Much to my amazement, my hooded is a very very bossy fish despite it's size. Hope will see another shipment soon.

post-17701-049736200 1288512067_thumb.jp

post-17701-097431400 1288512068_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

uploaded 2 vidz, with 1 showing my normally bo chap exquisite wrasse chasing the new flame wrasse mad, and another vid showing my lineatus going berserk.

• SRC Member

some random zoa pics, and my feeding elegance coral, woke up 1 day to find my cleaner shrimp lying motionless around my brain and elegance corner.. so fed it to my elegance.

post-17701-018035400 1288512461_thumb.jp

post-17701-051444200 1288512485_thumb.jp

post-17701-091395900 1288512491_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

another addition was the Rhomboid, absolutely love it., also observed is that my scooter blennies are holding "hands" swimming together, really looks nice, but can't take a decent pic.

and a pic of my lineatus when it was in its angry mode in the vid.

updated fish list as follows.

No. Name Date Added

1 Pygmy Hawkfish 10/8/2010

2 Filament Wrasse (Indonesia) 20/08/2010

3 Hena Goby (Japan) 20/08/2010

4 Lineatus Wrasse 3/9/2010

5 Exquisite Wrasse (African) 3/9/2010

6 Blue Mandarin Fish 10/9/2010

7 Red Mandarin Fish 14/09/2010

8 Achilles Tang 16/09/2010

9 Red Scooter Blenny (Female) 1/10/2010

10 Red Scooter Blenny (Male) 2/10/2010

11 Rosy Scale Wrasse 16/10/2010

12 Platinum Clown Fish (Pair) 16/10/2010

13 Flame Wrasse 20/10/2010

14 Flame Back Pygmy Angel 20/10/2010

15 Rhomboid Wrasse 23/10/2010

16 Filament Wrasse (Solomon Island) 23/10/2010

post-17701-038610400 1288512588_thumb.jp

post-17701-076370000 1288512624_thumb.jp