Milch's Reef Learning Journey

Milch_Tan

• SRC Member

wAAAAAAAAAAAA.. thats indeed a long toy you have there! lol.. hope this BAZOOKA will help u KILL all the ICH enemy!

hey bro, hope it helps too, will be turning it on next week instead, now tank is under medication. but there's a lot of improvement! :D

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

now diaster just struck again, this time round is my multi-plug bar! luckily my bro was at home and he saw some smoke coming out and turned off the main switch....

in the last pic shows the distortion of words etc of the casing from the melted part.

post-17701-068022600 1286367584_thumb.jp

post-17701-082920800 1286367588_thumb.jp

post-17701-054200800 1286367594_thumb.jp

post-17701-004016400 1286367599_thumb.jp

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• SRC Member

I did smell some plastic scent this afternoon, but i didn't know it was the plug and assumed it was nothing serious. This particular multi-plug bar is bought from those Wu Jing Dian in loose pieces for DIY assembly. I was careless not to realize that it did not have the Safety Mark Sign, so bros/sis, pls ensure that the plugs you guys buy have tt safety seal and sign. :blink: and hopefully this won't happen to any 1 else. :pinch:

• SRC Member

omg lucky no one got hurt

yeah, thank the Higher Up. somemore this plug is placed on the wooden cabinet, can't imagine if no 1 is at home.

• SRC Member

anyways, here are some latest addition :

Hawaii harlequin shrimp, unfortunately, the male always attacks the female when I place them both together.

I've released the male into the main tank, while leaving the female in the betta box until she has a new pair of pincers.

post-17701-091524000 1286381583_thumb.jp

post-17701-037001500 1286381585_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and red scooter blennies

male and female, didn't have the chance to see the male flare.

post-17701-026061800 1286381833_thumb.jp

post-17701-035645800 1286381836_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

some random shots of fishes and corals.

post-17701-054535600 1286382039_thumb.jp

post-17701-043933900 1286382051_thumb.jp

post-17701-085049000 1286382063_thumb.jp

post-17701-027461300 1286382117_thumb.jp

post-17701-021977700 1286382133_thumb.jp

post-17701-033203800 1286382158_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

and FTS for October.. removed some LR from the top part of the tank. hmm tank is very empty still.. time for more corals. :D

post-17701-076634000 1286382297_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:thumbsup: lucky the multi plug disaster didn't turn out to be disastrous.. loving the AT and the lineatus! :groupwavereversed:

haha yeap, really grateful man. Bro I sense you wanna keep 1 more fish now? :evil:

• SRC Member

haha yeap, really grateful man. Bro I sense you wanna keep 1 more fish now? :evil:

hehehe no la.. i shall be very disciplined.. and only when my AT is speckless and immune.. den i will add new stock.. :thumbsup:

and FTS for October.. removed some LR from the top part of the tank. hmm tank is very empty still.. time for more corals. :D

Nice aquascape :welldone:

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

hehehe no la.. i shall be very disciplined.. and only when my AT is speckless and immune.. den i will add new stock.. :thumbsup:

U're the most dedicated AT keeper out there man! you made sure there's really variety , red bamboo, nori, pellets, frozen food etc. and got food soaks etc :welldone:

how do u feed the shrimps? do u chop the starfish up?

hey bro, i've cut out the arms of the Blue Linckin and left them to regrow and serve as food for the Harlequin to hunt :)

Nice aquascape :welldone:

Hey there CFOh :) thanks man.. still trying to improve it and waiting for the coraline algae to grow on those greenish center LRs... hmmm were u the 1 who went GO with a malay fren bout 2 weeks back and bought zoas?

U're the most dedicated AT keeper out there man! you made sure there's really variety , red bamboo, nori, pellets, frozen food etc. and got food soaks etc :welldone:

hey bro, i've cut out the arms of the Blue Linckin and left them to regrow and serve as food for the Harlequin to hunt :)

Hey there CFOh :) thanks man.. still trying to improve it and waiting for the coraline algae to grow on those greenish center LRs... hmmm were u the 1 who went GO with a malay fren bout 2 weeks back and bought zoas?

Hai, Milch

Yes, just getting know from Law you was with him that days :)

Cheers and Happy Reefing....

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

haha, let's say hi to each other next time! :cheers:

• SRC Member

bro try taiyo mutiplug adaptor. got surge protection also. $20+ for 5 plug @ 3metres long for the cable. (got safely sign de :chair: )

been using it since i started.

can buy at sheng siong also haha

and lucky the diaster comes and gone with the wind.:friends:

• SRC Member

Hey bro Onizuka! thanks, think the growth was very fast when I used purple up and with MH blasting the old set of LR seem to grow very quickly, but have stop for very long already.. heard stories of corals dying with too much purple up.. and now the newer center LR's coraline is grow super super slow.

gee.. i jus bought a multiplug from best denki already, 4 plugs for $7.80, it comes with safety sign, but no surge protector, anyhow will buy 1 when I see it at Sheng Siong :D yeah man.. hopefully the disaster will never come again! when tt plug thing happened, it cut off the power of my entire set up except for the compressor and the water in my sump plummet to about 19 degrees quite quickly , and my whipfin wrasse died in it, was still thinking of adding a nakao in the sump.. but guess better not, else another frozen fish.:wacko:

• SRC Supporter

anyways, here are some latest addition :

Hawaii harlequin shrimp, unfortunately, the male always attacks the female when I place them both together.

I've released the male into the main tank, while leaving the female in the betta box until she has a new pair of pincers.

Nice Hawaii Harlequin pair, my all time favourite !! Did you get this from last LCK shipment ?

• SRC Member

Nice Hawaii Harlequin pair, my all time favourite !! Did you get this from last LCK shipment ?

yeah, you should have seen law's female, it's HUGE. unfortunately, mine doesn't seem like they're pair, the male kept attacking the 1 arm female. now both are in main tank hunting for their meals.

jus curious, how many you have? since ur nick is Harlequin mania :D saw some old posting of this Viet. guy who has 12 in a tank. looks cool.

wow.. how long would a starfish regrow his arms? so everytime he regrow you chop?

when cutting it got anything juice came out?

i would like to try but not sure if i can bring myself to cut it.

Maybe i can... buy one and you chop it for me ? :P

• SRC Member

wow.. how long would a starfish regrow his arms? so everytime he regrow you chop?

when cutting it got anything juice came out?

i would like to try but not sure if i can bring myself to cut it.

Maybe i can... buy one and you chop it for me ? :P

hey bro, first time keeping harlequin, as with the starfish arms, my first time cutting them too, i cut the arms with heavy heart, feeling sorry for the helpless creature. BUT, as fragile as they look these blue linckia sea star's are very very tough to cut, u'll need a gardening cutter to have an easy slice, even so it can take a while too.

My guilt was a bit lesser when I told my self that even a single arm can regrow into a new sea star, though according to net search, it can take anything from weeks to months for the regeneration process, I'll probably buy more sea stars and cut them up in to individual arms and leave the main body to regrow the new arms, if not the shrimp is likely to finish the entire thing off. In some sense more economical.

As to cutting your sea star? Sure if we stay near by, if not, just tell yourself, it's a natural way for sea stars to escape with even 1 arm and regrow again. :)

hey bro, first time keeping harlequin, as with the starfish arms, my first time cutting them too, i cut the arms with heavy heart, feeling sorry for the helpless creature. BUT, as fragile as they look these blue linckia sea star's are very very tough to cut, u'll need a gardening cutter to have an easy slice, even so it can take a while too.

My guilt was a bit lesser when I told my self that even a single arm can regrow into a new sea star, though according to net search, it can take anything from weeks to months for the regeneration process, I'll probably buy more sea stars and cut them up in to individual arms and leave the main body to regrow the new arms, if not the shrimp is likely to finish the entire thing off. In some sense more economical.

As to cutting your sea star? Sure if we stay near by, if not, just tell yourself, it's a natural way for sea stars to escape with even 1 arm and regrow again. :)

Bro, Please dun buy more and cut them, just buy when you need it... They can regenerate in the wild but in captivity, it is not easy for them to regenerate from what I experienced, They will just melt away..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp