Milch's Reef Learning Journey

Milch_Tan

• SRC Member

here are some snap shots of my scaping, please feel free to comment/input if there's any area of the scaping I should change or replace. :paiseh::thanks:

taken with flash :

2k0x8g.jpg

taken w/o flash :

2vuhij5.jpg

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

I really like the look of a tall-vertical-look, and I hope to achieve a deep-water feel with some cave and narrow-valley look. Hence all the major bigger pieces are all upright, here are some side profile pics :blush: any suggestions on getting the above look are most welcome!!! :idea::lol:

1z5kgn7.jpg2cponde.jpg

6qvczm.jpgoiyd5f.jpg

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• SRC Member

some close-up shot of the scaping :upsidedown:

2uj5i00.jpg2iqikc5.jpg

2u78yza.jpg33vzvcm.jpg

• SRC Member

was reading SRC and thanks to bro lemonlemon, I am using 1.5 market prawn to kick start the cycling process ^_^

6olv1i.jpg

and here's the AP702 at work, the bubbles are just so nice to watch, haha..

wstzrq.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro,

Very nice rock scape... :bow:

aquatronica7na.gif

Main Tank - DECOMMISSIONED ON 24.01.11

48"x24"x26" 12mm thick starfire crystal glass(3 sided) EOS with Black Silicon(Germany)

Sump Tank

32"x15"x20" complete with egg crate, bio-ball, top up reservoir

Equipments

Return Pump: AquaBee up7000

Skimmer: Skimz Monzter sm200 with AquaBee pin wheel and AquaBee up2000(Germany) as feed pump

CR: Skimz Monzter CM150 powered with AquaBee 2000i(Germany), solonoid valve and CO2 tank

FR: Skimz 150

MH Lighting: 2x250W Lumen bright(USA) MH pendant with 2x250W 12000k Reeflux bulb(USA), 250W Coralvue (USA) dimmable ballast

T5 Lighting: 2x54w ATI(Germany) high output T5 bulb with aluminium stand

Controller: Aquatronica ACS ADVANCE Package

Dosing: Aquatronica Dosing Pumps-ACQ450

• SRC Member

presently, equipment that's running are :

1) return pump : Deltec 8070S

2) skimmer : Deltec AP 702

3) wavemaker : 1 x Seio, 1 x Tunze 6105

4) light : Giesemann SPECTRA HQ (E40) / T-5 1800 mm (3 x 250W / 4 x 80W) - MH unused, T5 may only turn on blue lights only.

will be installing the compressor in the next 2 weeks, but was wondering, would it be alright to install the FR now? understand it's used partly to bring down the ammonia levels, but I am currently trying to raise the ammonia levels to kick start the cycling process... :thanks:

• SRC Member

nice rockscape~ need to buy d&d e-poxy stock up liao to stick your corals :upsidedown:

Hi onizuka, haha my dog normally sleeps really a lot, and yeap, gotten some used d&d epoxy from the previous owner, but not very confident of using it, :)

It is a very nice scaping.. Like it..

Bro,

Very nice rock scape... :bow:

Hi Terryz_ and bro Richie13, thanks but I still feel something not very right yet, in terms of the frontal-look, feels a bit 2-d than 3-d :unsure:

• SRC Member

bro C.A taught me how to use, maybe can briefly update you.

1) mix the two part together (depend on how much you wanna mixed), can grab few cm each.

2) mix it by squashing it till both are the same colour and you feel it's a little hard.

3) place the coral on it(normally the stone or the base) and just press it in, place it inside the rock that you are "glueing it to" and depress the epoxy around the edge to blend it together. *my english is limited and this is what i can describe*

other bros whom can correct the way i phrase it to help bro milch pls do so haha

Must also consider that corals comes with base rock after placing them into possible areas your rock scape will be 3D!

• SRC Member

Nice rock scape! good enough don't touch anymore!

Are the rocks from Coral farm?

Hi Eniram, thanks, but hoping to make it more 3D le.. :)

yeap, the previous owner gotten them from CF, except 1 from LCK Steven, the bigger 1s range from 13"~19", and trust me, carrying it up and into the tank almost felt like my spine's breaking :eyeblur::lol: had to do it alone as my fren las min cannot make it. :cry2: but happy that I manage to get all in, I have some left over peices ranging from 4"~10" that I may dry them up to be kept as Dead Rock for the just in case :D

• SRC Member

bro C.A taught me how to use, maybe can briefly update you.

1) mix the two part together (depend on how much you wanna mixed), can grab few cm each.

2) mix it by squashing it till both are the same colour and you feel it's a little hard.

3) place the coral on it(normally the stone or the base) and just press it in, place it inside the rock that you are "glueing it to" and depress the epoxy around the edge to blend it together. *my english is limited and this is what i can describe*

other bros whom can correct the way i phrase it to help bro milch pls do so haha

Wow, many thanks for the explanation bro! saved wht u typed here :thanks::bow:

Once you get the fishes and corals in it will take form..

Must also consider that corals comes with base rock after placing them into possible areas your rock scape will be 3D!

icic.. hmm, will just have to wait then, B)

• SRC Member

very nice scape.

and all you need now is patience patience and patience.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

bro you have very nice scaping skills! :) I can start to see so many places to put colonies on! :shock:

Will definitely be tracking your thread.

btw, since you have no corals now, maybe just switch on your blue lights for 4-5hrs daily if you wanna maintain your coralline and let it start growing. They cycling begins!

• SRC Member

very nice scape.

and all you need now is patience patience and patience.

yeah nice scape I agree.. :) hahah enjoy your newfound Tank... :) Have fun!!!!! Keep us updated...

Hi bro law and sis desideria :) thanks for the encouraging words, :paiseh:

bro you have very nice scaping skills! :) I can start to see so many places to put colonies on! :shock:

Will definitely be tracking your thread.

btw, since you have no corals now, maybe just switch on your blue lights for 4-5hrs daily if you wanna maintain your coralline and let it start growing. They cycling begins!

Hi comycus, guess just tyco that the scaping can put colonoies ba, haha :upsidedown: , hmm speaking of blue light, having problems with turning it on properly, the light tubes keep flickering, twist the tube a bit on for less than 5 min flicker again. zzzz.

Hey bro, great scaping there, especially the center and the left side...am impressed !

Once you have decided your primary structure, suggest you use epoxy to join up all the LRs together. The last thing you want is to see your rock structure collapse while placing corals or doing your tank maintenance.

• Like 1

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

hey there bro Cedric! i'm really honored by your comments, cos ur FTS is the real spectacle, :)

words of wisdom there, I'll be fixing them later :) thanks for your kind words and great suggestion! :bow: and sorry for the trouble for asking u to keep that golden petal clove for me! ^_^ looking forward to visiting your place soon again and to c your new 6ft shallow-tank :eyebrow:

Wow Milch..... no wonder everyone is saying your rockscape is nice.....

Its really very "sweeee."

Once you start populating, your tank will be another spectacular one.

Looking forward to it.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Welcome back Jacky!!!!!!! thanks , still learning along the way, :blush:

hey there bro Cedric! i'm really honored by your comments, cos ur FTS is the real spectacle, :)

words of wisdom there, I'll be fixing them later :) thanks for your kind words and great suggestion! :bow: and sorry for the trouble for asking u to keep that golden petal clove for me! ^_^ looking forward to visiting your place soon again and to c your new 6ft shallow-tank :eyebrow:

No worry bro, the golden patals are right here waiting for you :cheers:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...