Milch's Reef Learning Journey

Milch_Tan

• SRC Member

Many thanks to bros/sis raydiative, desideria, comycus, AhSiang, Jackywongto, Binosage, Richie13 & MarcoVan for the encouraging words, :paiseh::blush: pls do offer your advise and tips liberally :bow: plenty to learn from all you seniors! :peace: the FTS from you guys are super nice man! :ooh:

can't agree more with bro Richie13,will probably be a good 1-2 months of cycling (will likely be doing bare bottom) :) and will be quite quiet during that time, and good time to save up too. hmm think I should be small sized enough to be in the tank and do some scrubbing if need be, :idea:

AhSiang : yeah, I see them using carpet when moving, maybe they could also use that to absorb the impact-prone areas too, and seems like quite a few bros here kana similar incidents with Sg Bros, this is the 4th time I'm having them helping, but the first time this thing happened. But no 1 wanted this to happen either and I'm just glad that they are willing to take full responsibility. :erm:

MacroVan,Law : the feeling does sux, but will take this extra time to read up and learn more too :peace:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

not bout fitting, but read in forum that anything more than 12 mm for crystal glass it's gonna be a bomb :eyeblur:

gosh, wht happened? they replaced the tank for you as well? Leon told me they'll send it back before 30th April though,

yeah they somehow did. all i can say they are good, efficient and reponsible somehow.

heard you are a classmate of Wenjie.

thats good, then you should be around 85 too?

perhaps next time can chiong shipment together with wenjie and gang. so setup soon! but of course, please dun rush.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

I remembered what happened :X

the feeling sucked big time :(

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

yeah it wasnt pleasantful.

and Zen, really thank you for helping years back in washing a worthless tank.

our efforts are in vain. :lol:

but thank you many may. tille date, im still grateful. ^_^

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

yeah it wasnt pleasantful.

and Zen, really thank you for helping years back in washing a worthless tank.

our efforts are in vain. :lol:

but thank you many may. tille date, im still grateful. ^_^

hey bro! no problem man! anytime you need help let me know luh! i will come help you! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

yeah they somehow did. all i can say they are good, efficient and reponsible somehow.

heard you are a classmate of Wenjie.

thats good, then you should be around 85 too?

perhaps next time can chiong shipment together with wenjie and gang. so setup soon! but of course, please dun rush.

wow, how did you know? i'm 84 actually, but no diff also :eyebrow: we're both from SIM, but he's in UOL i'm in UB, different uni, u're from SIM too?

sounds great, anytime after exam is cool for shipment chionging :heh: .. but i'll jus c c look look :whistle and just admire.. WJ finishing exam 2 weeks later.. my last paper is on monday,

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

wow, how did you know? i'm 84 actually, but no diff also :eyebrow: we're both from SIM, but he's in UOL i'm in UB, different uni, u're from SIM too?

sounds great, anytime after exam is cool for shipment chionging :heh: .. but i'll jus c c look look :whistle and just admire.. WJ finishing exam 2 weeks later.. my last paper is on monday,

I'm also in SIM! hahaha! :D

Small world syndrome! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

hey bro! no problem man! anytime you need help let me know luh! i will come help you! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hey marc,

im glad to hear that. very nice of you.

no im not, im from ntu.

still can go cc look look. my tank got space :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

now.... i feel left out. :mellow:

Make u feel left out more, lol. Ex. SIM student. Impressed by yr setup, bro milch, long time no see so many big setup.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

and also.. maybe to re-formica the cabinet :look:

spcf0l.jpg2sbn213.jpg

special thanks to bro mengyang_neo for the recommendation of Sg Bro, I didn't know they provide such service too, :yeah:

No problem. =)

hee i am 85 also, lol ntu student so law u r not alone. =p after exam can all chiong farm and LFS. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

lol, talk about small world and the odds, the campus ain't big as well, Marc you're a student or staff there?

Make u feel left out more, lol. Ex. SIM student. Impressed by yr setup, bro milch, long time no see so many big setup.

Hi Bro Solo77, thanks for your encouraging words, I really like the creative freedom/space (though my living room space compromised :whistle ), I'm still very new and plenty to learn from you seniors! and saw ya FTS in ya thread last time and now, it's super zai! all the specs also super drooling!! not to mention your galactic-list of live stocks :shock::bow:

Hmm think we can look for more SIM ppl and form the un-official mini SIM Alumni SRC Chapter, haha :lol: , I wish I were in the big 3 uni though like bro menyan_neo & law, btw wht you guys majoring in? B)

• SRC Member

CRAP! kana town council notice to remove the electrical wiring outside my house that is providing air bubbles to my live rocks #%@$%@$#

I'm actually quite ok to remove the thing until she said :

"as it is wire and electricity we're talking about, and firstly people may trip over the wire, secondly, wht if there's a cut in the wire and with the salt water it will cause major electrocution for passerby, then it's super scary and dangerous, so I cannot allow you to have the wires outside, if you need the air pump you can buy the battery operated type."

she said it with such gusto and horror..<_<:wacko: pray the tank will arrive soon.. :pinch:

ooo.. im 84... finally found people around my age group... always hang out with the old man like jacky not so good.. haha

Ding!idea31.gif

%$%%#^$$$@ there goes yr "U" ehiem bars liao ......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

haha, hi bro raydiative!, old man jacky? wa liew, scarly ppl also call us tt 10 years later :P hmm i do help out my mom's food stall at times, and guess wht those 80 or 90 + years old ah ma call me? - Ah Jek, 60% or Uncle 30% Ah Boy 10 % !!!!!!!!! :pinch:

• SRC Member

hur hur hur.. paiseh Milch.. OT your thread to suan people.. haha...

so you gonna get battery operated pump? if TC find you means got people complain liao..

nah, most welcome :whistle haha. hmm not entirely surprised la, since 2 of my corner units are RC members and ex RC chairman or PBM sumthing, oh well, don't wanna inconvenient my nice neighbors too, will probably have to shift them for the 3rd time to my room maybe and pray it doesn't flood again.. :erm:

• SRC Member

Lol.. if you look like Jacky i would understand why only 10% call you ah boy... Ding! idea31.gif (jacky so gonna kill me later..)

10 years down the road sure kana one.. lol.. i'm prepared for that liao.. hahaha

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

!!!!!!! it sounds different when another guy bout same age calling you that. :lol: Hmm how bout those cheena Gong Guan lady's "Shuai Ge-Ge, ni hao" *wink wink*

• SRC Member

oh wait, oopS, u're a girl! haha, :pinch: hi hi Ah gal :lol: hmm you keep hamsters?

• SRC Member

jacky : can I join you to whack raydiative too ? :whistle:idea:

jacky : can I join you to whack raydiative too ? :whistle:idea:

whack?? no lah....

Gonna skin him alive late....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

been a while since I last updated. The glass tank finally arrived on last Sunday, and bro Vincent had helped to connect the piping.

b64uua.jpgidhgtg.jpg33k3zg0.jpg

and man's best fren oblivious to its surroundings, :eyebrow:

1zq5vti.jpg

• SRC Member

and finally, i am able to put place the LR in my tank and clear the corridor of my 2 LR holding tub. during which I received a total of 2 "Service Notice" from my town council :angry2: and 1 visit from NEA :eyeblur: but end of it all, realized it was only 1 ex-tai tai, who's hubby is a RC member who lodged the complain.. <_< the rest of my neighbors were jolly nice and share my excitement and anxiety.

• SRC Member

been a while since I last updated. The glass tank finally arrived on last Sunday, and bro Vincent had helped to connect the piping.

b64uua.jpgidhgtg.jpg33k3zg0.jpg

and man's best fren oblivious to its surroundings, :eyebrow:

1zq5vti.jpg

nice tank! full cabinet de.

think your dog emoing cos you are so going to isolate him and care about your fishes and corals :evil:

his feeling = :cry2::cry:

your feeling now sure :lol::evil::eyebrow::whistle

more pics!