Which dwarf angel is most reef-safe?

Hi all,

Can anyone advice which dwarf angel is the most safe to keep in the reef tank :whistle ? or if possible, list them out :bow: !

Think of introduce one small multicolor angel in my mix-reef tank…….but afraid it nip all my corals like previous

experienced with Multi-bar angel ….so more caution now :evil: .

Here is my tank details:

Prata

Acan

Hammer

Mushroom

Yuma

Monti

SPS

Chalice

Zoa

Super Sun

Favia/Moon coral

Candy cane

Radioactive birdnest

Clove coral

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi James, I think it is by luck;

Or you buy from other reefers who has already proven non-nipping angel;

but then again; their behaviour may change in different tanks.

By the way, my african flameback angel from another reefer does not disturb my corals;

though she (I think is a she) chase any other fish now and then.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

heard flame is pretty safe but still dependent on tank to tank basis

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

With LPS, it is not a confirm chance...

They sooner or later will take a chance with eating corals...

With softies, it is more possible..

K. May drop off the idea of having dwarf angel liao :( .

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi James

Japanese Angels seem to have less interest in corals. Like Watanabe, Bellus, JP Swallow...etc.

If you have precious coral, my 2 cents, drop the idea of angels. They normally cannot be trusted. If "die die" must have a dwarf angel , then maybe Argi angel (some even call it fireball angel if I am not wrong). However Argi Angel is aggressive against fishes smaller then it and also need to be the last fish in your tank else they can chase new comer.

• SRC Member

flame for me on the safer side.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

flame for me on the safer side.

flame angel? I heard it cannot be trusted leh :ph34r: ! Can anyone confirm :o ?

Btw, Lemon peel & Multibar angel confirmed sure nip freshy coral as I have experienced myself before and...the result is 1 open brain and 1 acan wellsi gone within a few days :cry2: !

• SRC Member

i kept my flame for close to 6 months. it didnt bother my prata, brain or others.

it used to peck on my brain, but no harm was done.

but still, never say never.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Hi James

Japanese Angels seem to have less interest in corals. Like Watanabe, Bellus, JP Swallow...etc.

If you have precious coral, my 2 cents, drop the idea of angels. They normally cannot be trusted. If "die die" must have a dwarf angel , then maybe Argi angel (some even call it fireball angel if I am not wrong). However Argi Angel is aggressive against fishes smaller then it and also need to be the last fish in your tank else they can chase new comer.

Hi Bro,

what is the market price for small Watanabe, Bellus, JP Swallow?

Have search through the web and found that they are pretty safe for reef tank so may introduce either pair if they are not that pricy lor.