Bleached Rose Anemone

enseng

My Rose Anemone start to bleach after two weeks of introduction. When I first introduce it, it went and hide behind the rocks. Initially I thought it will come out again when it adjusted itself.

However, 2 weeks has passed and it still hiding behind the rocks. I was oversea for a week and yesterday I just reliased that it has started to bleach.

How do I get it to regain its color? Anyone has this experience to share? Thanks!

I did not feed it as it was hiding behind the rocks...but when I feed my tank with henry's food.. i observed my sabae clown doing the feeding to it..

Dun think that my tanks is too bright..i m only using 4 x T5 tube for 3 ft tank..

I will try to feed it with market prawn and see whether it can recover...

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

My rose anemone still stand behind the rocks... I tried to bring it out as i am afraid that it will die and polute the whole tank. However, it has burrowed into the cavity, i can't remove it ..

it looks unheathly..any idea how can i remove it?

My Rose Anemone start to bleach after two weeks of introduction. When I first introduce it, it went and hide behind the rocks. Initially I thought it will come out again when it adjusted itself.

However, 2 weeks has passed and it still hiding behind the rocks. I was oversea for a week and yesterday I just reliased that it has started to bleach.

How do I get it to regain its color? Anyone has this experience to share? Thanks!

Check your water parameters such as PH, dkh, NO2, PO4, Iodine & NO3 are within safe limits for keeping invertebrates and especially temperature not more than 26C. Read that warm ocean currents did caused some bleaching of corals in coral reefs. Also, anemones will like to go to spot where there is some form of water current there. This smart animal knows that water current will likely draw in drifting food for them to eat.

bro enseng, i find anemones need to bevery slowly acclimated to light. they dont need as much light as we think. hiding is very normal and may take weeks for it to come out.

dont feed it . if its hiding, im mot sure how it can bleach? can take a pic?

Hi all..thanks for e reply..sad to say that I have already remove it from my tank

as it looks very unhealthy..bleach, grow smaller andwith a gaping mouth..

Afraid it will die and pollute e water so decided to takeit out..