JBJ 24G Nano Cube

triggerfish

• SRC Member

Hi bro, 1/15hp should have no problem chilling the tank volume, although some people prefer the 1/10hp. You can check with Jacky or raydiative; they are using Artica 1/15 and 1/10 respectively. Hard to have a conclusive comparison between the two chillers unless you sit by your tank and count the number of times it kick in, together with a wattmeter.

Also, I would advise against keeping the chiller in the cabinet. Bad air circulation and heat issues can affect the lifespan or performance of the chiller.

• Like 1

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

wha.. bino you stalking me?? how you know i using 1/10..? lol..

anyway to the TS, 1/15 should be enough.. and i also do suggest you NOT to house the chiller in the cabinet unless you are able to inbuild a couple of fans to drive away the heat..

HTH

• Like 2

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

wha.. bino you stalking me?? how you know i using 1/10..? lol..

Bro, you are younger than me, how come you have the memory of an old man? Hahahaha! I been to your house last year!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

hi triggerfish

my artica chiller runrate

I am using 1/15 hp artica chiller in a JBJ cabinet.

With a Vortech MP10, reefpack 200, MaxSpect 110W, my chiller kicks in every 40 mins for about 10mins to lower temp from 27.8 to 27.2

I am pushing 800lph through the chiller.

1/15hp or 1/10hp

If you have a possibility of upgrading in future (even to a 2 ft cube tank with sump), then shoot for the 1/10hp.

Housing chiller in JBJ Cabinet

Currently I am housing mine in the cabinet. But do note that

1) my tank is about 1 feet away from the wall.

2) my cabinet door is always opened

3) My tank is beside the balcony where there is good ventilation.

As the chiller switches on for only 10 mins each time, it does not generates enough heat to warrant any concern.

I am pretty comfortable that housing it this way is alright.

Previously my tank was only a couple of inches away from the wall and was in a not so well ventilated location.

The heat accumulating at the back was quite bad.

I installed a large fan in the cabinet and initially it worked very well with the door almost closed.

But after some time (about 1 month), the fan efficiency dropped tremendously and the heat dissipation dropped.

If you really want to house it inside, built a couple of fans inside the cabinet. Drilll a couple of holes on the cabinet for hot air to escape, especially at the back.

You can also consider using the 28g cabinet which has an open concept for the chiller.

Hope all these help bro and if you still have any question, feel free to fire away!

• Like 2

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Bro, you are younger than me, how come you have the memory of an old man? Hahahaha! I been to your house last year!

you got good memory! lol... didnt expect you to still remember..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

thank you so much for the elaborate report. appreciate it.

hi triggerfish

my artica chiller runrate

I am using 1/15 hp artica chiller in a JBJ cabinet.

With a Vortech MP10, reefpack 200, MaxSpect 110W, my chiller kicks in every 40 mins for about 10mins to lower temp from 27.8 to 27.2

I am pushing 800lph through the chiller.

1/15hp or 1/10hp

If you have a possibility of upgrading in future (even to a 2 ft cube tank with sump), then shoot for the 1/10hp.

Housing chiller in JBJ Cabinet

Currently I am housing mine in the cabinet. But do note that

1) my tank is about 1 feet away from the wall.

2) my cabinet door is always opened

3) My tank is beside the balcony where there is good ventilation.

As the chiller switches on for only 10 mins each time, it does not generates enough heat to warrant any concern.

I am pretty comfortable that housing it this way is alright.

Previously my tank was only a couple of inches away from the wall and was in a not so well ventilated location.

The heat accumulating at the back was quite bad.

I installed a large fan in the cabinet and initially it worked very well with the door almost closed.

But after some time (about 1 month), the fan efficiency dropped tremendously and the heat dissipation dropped.

If you really want to house it inside, built a couple of fans inside the cabinet. Drilll a couple of holes on the cabinet for hot air to escape, especially at the back.

You can also consider using the 28g cabinet which has an open concept for the chiller.

Hope all these help bro and if you still have any question, feel free to fire away!