Tank infested with hairy legged crabs

Alentino

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Just thinking.. seems that many have experienced getting 'extras' when buying live rocks..So many problems like crabs, mantis, etc. Do you people reckon we even quarantine LRs? Maybe quarantine it in the quaratine tank for like 1 - 3 weeks before we put them in the main tank? This way we can starve the critters in the LR, if there is any.. :D

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

then u have to cycle very long be4 your tank is ready again...

anyway about the crab things.. if u ppls want to go after it.. you can just go buy boxer shrimp... it's very gd figter again crab and eat them as well.....

my tank is crab free now.. when once it use to have alot of crab...

Hello!! You don't have to kill acro crabs!! They are only doing what nature has intended for them!! It's a symbiotic relationship with the acropora corals they are hosted in!!! They are merely chasing away predators of corals. Your BT was asking for it by resting on an acro! They do not eat fishes! They are mainly filter feeders or perhaps eating acro slime and stuff trapped in the acro branches.

• SRC Member
then u have to cycle very long be4 your tank is ready again...

anyway about the crab things.. if u ppls want to go after it.. you can just go buy boxer shrimp... it's very gd figter again crab and eat them as well.....

my tank is crab free now.. when once it use to have alot of crab...

you mean that small skinny shrimp can fight well.. :o... but will it harass other shrimps and fishes?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member
yes i very agree the CBS very firece and territorialing..

that's why when u buy.. just buy one will do..

if more then one.. then u will surily regret...

hehe.. luckily I never buy.. I got already three different shrimps in my 1 feet tank.. they'll probably fight, esp with my 1"+ fire shrimp...

• SRC Member

me too got 3 diff shrimp..

a cleaner, a fire and a boxer...

all living happily togther.. wonder they got hug and sleep together.. lolz..

i only know my cleaner climb high up so that the boxer will not reach it.... as for my fire it's firece enough so the boxer dont dare plan any idea on the fire...

once me upgrade my tank.. i will put my boxer in the sump....

as i dont need it anymore..