Little wriggly worms

• SRC Member

Just yesterday I noticed little wriggly worm like thingy swimming around.. They look like those bloodworms for FW feeds, only not thinner and lighter almost white.

I haven't got any photos coz I don't have a decent cam and was late.. Oh yeah, they seem to only appear when lights are off.. Couldn't see them this morning.

I also don't think its affecting anything else. I only got Yumas and Mushies.. I thought they were spawn but I can't think of anything that could spawn swimming 'worms'.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

I think I know what you are talking about. 1 to 1.5 cm in length, white in colour, and wriggles in the water column right? I see them quite often, easily 10 wriggling about at any one moment in my 24 gallon tank. If you are not observant enough, they look like stray fibre drifting in the water.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

does it have legs??

Nope.. worms. not pods nor shrimp like..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

I think I know what you are talking about. 1 to 1.5 cm in length, white in colour, and wriggles in the water column right? I see them quite often, easily 10 wriggling about at any one moment in my 24 gallon tank. If you are not observant enough, they look like stray fibre drifting in the water.

Yeah.. something like that.. I think my tank got season for breeding different such stuff.. first there are very tiny jellyfish like stuff.. then there are small shrimp like pods.. now there are worm thingy..

I'm not concerned at all coz I know they do not affect anything.. just curious.

BTW have you IDed these worm things?

• SRC Member

BTW have you IDed these worm things?

Nope, I don't know what they are either. They seem harmless though, and almost impossible to catch. I can only hope they are not some exotic parasite... the kind that swim up your private parts into your blood stream in the sea... watch too much TV liao :sick:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey