Dainichi Marine

comycus

• SRC Member

Don't think anyone has done a review on this great product yet... so here goes.

A short description of the product first:

MARINE FX is highly concentrated with seven seperate applications of color enhancers, including pure cultured spirulina, Cyclop-eeze®, NatuRose® (Haematococcus algae) and krill. These ingredients contain natural pigments, minerals and nutrients designed to maximize the color and luster of your maine fish, while providing them with a high protein, well balanced diet. This formula is especially ideal for omnivorous fish and invertebrates. Feed your fish only as much as they will eat immediately in a few minutes, 1 to 3 times daily. Smaller, more frequent feedings are much safer and healthier than larger, single feedings.

Guaranteed Analysis

Min.crude protein: 45%

Min. crude fat: 7%

Max. crude fiber: 3%

Min. calcium: 2%

Max. moisture: 9%

Ingredients

White fish meal, wheat germ, wheat flour, spirulina, shrimp meal, soybean meal, krill, Cyclop-eeze®, brewers yeast, montmorillonite clay, powdered milk, vitamin mix*, mineral mix*, garlic, Haematococcus algae, protease and natural gum.

*Vitamin Mix & Mineral Mix: Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal-Sterol (D3), DL Alphatocopherol (E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate ©, B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Niacin, Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (K), Biotin, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide.

All Dainichi pellets are encapsulated with a unique blend of vitamins and minerals (after the cooking phase) to preserve the potency of key nutrients and vital, heat-sensitive ingredients. This powerful nutritional coating helps boost your fishes immune system response, prevent bloat by increasing digestibility and repair surface damage. Because our color enhancers are in their natural state, Dainichi is particularly effective for enhancing the color, luster and sheen of your marine fish.

• SRC Member

First up, a picture of how the packaging looks like...

post-16489-12699133977378_thumb.jpg

+1 to the packaging. It comes in packet form, and has zip lock to seal up after us, keeping the freshness of the pellets :rolleyes:

They come in either 57g or 250g packets. Unless you're running a fish shop, I think the smaller packet would suffice for most of the bros here.

Although it says "Baby Pellet" don't be fooled. The pellets are medium sized, and is good sized for most fishes. Not recommended for baby fishes, although my 1" true perc still manages to grab a few pellets during meal time. greedy fella!

• SRC Member

I am using this products :) so far so good. I like them.

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Apart from the usual nutritional food that it gives to our fishes, spirulina and colour enhancers aside, the most wow ingredient that attracted me to buying this in the first place was...

Cyclop-eeze®!!!!

so... What's so interesting about cyclopeeze in a pellet right? I can always buy cyclopeeze off the shelf if I really want to feed my fishes with it right?

well, the main advantage to me is when I'm trying to wean my fishes to pellets. In my limited experience, I've never seen any fish not get excited when I feed cyclopeeze. They might not be able to identify cyclopeeze as food, but they can sense 'food!'. Even the ones that don't eat will swim around actively trying to figure out where to find the gourmet food. (btw I use frozen cyclopeeze, not the flakes or dried ones, so results may differ.)

My male lyretail anthias has been with me for ~3-4 months, simply refuses to feed on pellets. Using the following method, I successfully weaned him onto pellets in 1 month.

Week 0: Add cyclopeeze to tank. He gets excited, can sense food but don't know where to find it.

Week 1: Gradually he realises that those small flakes is actually food! Starts chomping down on them whenever I add into the water.

Week 2: Recognises cyclopeeze as food. I cut cyclopeeze completely and start feeding Dainichi. Stupid fella smells the cyclopeeze, but doesn't even notice it as food. Other fishes have a feast.

Week 2.5: After starving him for afew days, I relent. Mixed the pellets with cyclopeeze in tank water and threw them in.

Week 3: Cut cyclopeeze again. Beginning to try to eat the pellet, but still spits it out after eating. Maybe he doesn't like the taste of pellets.

Week 4: Won the battle! :)

• SRC Member

Amazing, but it is worth it! :)

and other misc...

interesting..... too bad i have too much food to last me till end of this year at least :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

I can trade tongue.gif Fish food for Loy Kee food for you to try. haha

Let me know, I can pass you some on thurs.

k k. just a small qty will do.

you want some ocean nutrition pellets?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

I have 3 cans of NLS, 2 cans of ON pellets dry.gif

haha anyone wants pellets just look for Jacky or myself

maybe I should stop having supper and pop these pellets instead.

To my understanding, RD and Iwarna have them. If you have seen RD fishes in the display tank, i think this food seems good. The coloration may attribute to good water parameter, etc but seeing their corals vs their fishes.....water parameter might not be the factor to the fishes' colour. One of the fishes that i always see is their potter angel. Those who knows will know the fish was like dying but recovered(not using this pellet yet). After using this pellet, the potter's colour seems to improve, got vibrant and has doubled its size(hopefully is not a new fish). lol. Think worth the try thought the price is not the cheapest.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

i'm also using this product but not on daily basic like 2 times aweek my fishes just love it been starting to use it seen 6mths back, but their main meal will stil be ON pellet

alot of bro who up at my place before should know most of the fish are fat and timer feeding 10x daily :off:

• SRC Member

im throwing these food like crazy in to my tank.

i mix it with the vege ones. theres 2 types. green and red. green ones are the ones with more vege.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

can anyone pm me the price for this pellet? thank you

here are the listed price. RD is the distributor for these food if im not wrong. try it, its worth it though for the high price. but then again, good things never come cheap.

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/Products.asp?Order=ProductName&CatID=25&BrandID=73

individual package is resealable with a bag of silicon gels for absorping moisture.

post-3663-12699383673061_thumb.jpg

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter

here are the listed price. RD is the distributor for these food if im not wrong. try it, its worth it though for the high price. but then again, good things never come cheap.

http://www.reefdepot.com.sg/Products.asp?Order=ProductName&CatID=25&BrandID=73

individual package is resealable with a bag of silicon gels for absorping moisture.

Law, can i bring a small container and get some sample from u?? hahaha... think time to give my wrasses some choices of food apart from the daily pallets n Henry Reef gourmet...:P

• SRC Member

Law, can i bring a small container and get some sample from u?? hahaha... think time to give my wrasses some choices of food apart from the daily pallets n Henry Reef gourmet...:P

sure! come come. these food are quite good for wrasse. i see some of my wrasse color coming back.

since u got exp wrasse, food cannot save. come take some from me to try.

• SRC Member

Just a closer look at how the pellets look like in the packet for those interested.

post-16489-12699571293092_thumb.jpg

yummy, my colours started to come back too, kaka... :)

and other misc...

sure! come come. these food are quite good for wrasse. i see some of my wrasse color coming back.

I using it as well, thanks to law when i saw his fishes going crazy for it..... :eyebrow:

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• 2 weeks later...

yummy, my colours started to come back too, kaka... smile.gif

Looking to see a more colourful Justin next Friday :P

• SRC Supporter

aiya only saw this today, if not, i collect some from u after Chris place on Saturday night. Haha... nevermind, we see when. Actually I saw Chris also have a packet, should have just ask some sample from him... blur me.