My Slice of Ocean

divinesloth

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Its been more than a month since I've done anything to the tank. The 4 market prawns I've dumped inside have melted into nothingness. Finally I've managed to grab Mbmc's beautiful rocks at a rock bottom price (thanks bro!). He graciously helped me to scape the rocks yesterday and everything is looking really good.

post-231-12746707873544_thumb.jpg

Tried to create caves and arches with the rocks. The rocks held on surprisingly well but I will add in the epoxy to secure them further.

The arch on the left is not as obvious here because of the rocks I've dumped behind. Hoping to create a sense of mass and depth (foreground/background) with the rocks behind.

post-231-12746708073184_thumb.jpg

post-231-12746708291684_thumb.jpg

post-231-12746708423492_thumb.jpg

The view from the back.

I am a happy reefer now. LFSsssss, here I come!

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

always get so brainwashed looking at all these big nice tanks.......

thumbsup.gif very nice scape bro.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Your scape looks like A-O from the front! Very interesting... following to see how things turn out.

wow yeap, looks like a portal for fishes to swim thru! cool stuff! haha :score:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

The first coral in my ocean :D

post-231-12751312465623_thumb.jpg

and some others from my previous tank kept in the sump till now...

post-231-12751314382599_thumb.jpg post-231-12751313255981_thumb.jpg post-231-12751313472815_thumb.jpg post-231-12751313618332_thumb.jpg

Also bought a pair of Black Clowns last week. Some shots...

post-231-12751314877145_thumb.jpg post-231-12751314777229_thumb.jpg post-231-12751314647535_thumb.jpg

Finally a shy blenny that has been hiding for the past few days...

post-231-12751315089165_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice tank! I like the sump concept... one thing I love about this hobby is you could never finish learning.

:agreed:

Is the flow of the sump form left to right......then right to left back to return?

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

I like your SCAPE!! the rocks are very nice.. I think it's only in this hobby besides geologists that people like us will look at rocks and drool... nobody will understand!

AHHAAH A& O... AIr & Ocean.. :)

nice pics... :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Thanks Desi :)

I just got myself another 2 true percs and a hybrid powder blue from Coral Farm. Heh. Can't wait to go home to see them tonight "D

Take a photo of the hybrid powder blue... It must be a beauty...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lemon,

Sometimes the ich will appear, sometimes none at all. Very strange, depends on its mood.

Have kept a few PBT and from my limited experience, once you can get it to feed on pellets, ich is no problem at all.

• Senior Reefer

Hi Lemon,

Sometimes the ich will appear, sometimes none at all. Very strange, depends on its mood.

Have kept a few PBT and from my limited experience, once you can get it to feed on pellets, ich is no problem at all.

ok.

yeah. of course eating pellets will definitely help them fight the ich off better, and with good immune system, they will resist ich naturally