Lps side by side?

mengyang_neo

Hi bro/sis will like to know what kind of lps can be place side by side and not getting string, i think this will help to fully maximum of space in the tank.

From my understanding, hammer and frogspwan can be put side by side no problem. Any other comment. Thanks. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

\

Hi bro/sis will like to know what kind of lps can be place side by side and not getting string, i think this will help to fully maximum of space in the tank.

From my understanding, hammer and frogspwan can be put side by side no problem. Any other comment. Thanks. =)

Prata and cynarina also can if not wrong... The dangerous one are galaxea, blasto, acan and bubble from my limited experience in LPS.....

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

all in the same genus can be placed together WITH CAUTION. i saw with caution because i have seen torch stinging hammers and vice versa. but not in all cases.

genus as in Euphyllia sp = frogspawn, hammer, anchor, octo etc.

eg, Blastomussa sp. = blastomussa wellsi, blastomussa merleti.

etc.

all in the same SPECIES can be placed together with NO PROBLEM.

example, euphyllia parancora = hammer coral. all hammers can be put together.

euphyllia divisa = frogspawn. all frogspawn can be put together.

for more docile LPS like cynrarinas, prata, brain corals, all can be touching each other with no problems. but you may wanna watch out for the feeding tentacles at night.

• SRC Member

softies like mushroom and zoas have whitish edges n slime more when near my hammer... they still reproduce n grow...

my blasto n bubble n moon coral seems to have no problem when hammer coral touches them...

plate coral in my recent experience is the most deadly...

my hardy moon coral was sat upon one night gone already... the other 3 frags downcurrent of the plate also slowly recede n day in a few days..NO CONTACT and more than 10cm away...think the moon coral slime made the plate coral release a whole lot of stinging cells..luckily nothin else affected...

read up the attached link..quite useful n easy to read.

These corals are usually found on the substrate of a reef tank. By the way, plate corals can let off slime loaded with nematocysts if they are disturbed. This can be a problem, as the slime floats around the tank, and eventually lands on a coral, sometimes killing it. -- reeforg link