WTS Rare Mitratus Butterflyfish

Hi guys,

Scaling down my hobby. I searched and waited for this fish for a long time and finally found it one day at Coral Farm. It is a real beauty and rather timid butterflyfish. Life has got too busy for me recently and I am reluctantly putting it up for sale. Very healthy and eats everything that I feed it. It has been with me for about 1 year or slightly more. In my opinion it is the most stunning of all the deep sea butterflyfishes. I don't think it is reef safe (not sure) as I only have a FOWLR tank with other butterflys. If you are interested you can come and view first and if happy then only will I attempt to catch it. I don't want to stress the fish unneccessarily. Viewing at Upper East Coast. Asking $380. Pls sms 9686 1314 as I don't check online often. Thanks. Lee

post-7210-1268019218_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

oh gosh a rare beauty indeed! mitratus butterfly! what's the size? i would love to get it but going on a 3 week trip soon. if not, that's one of my dream butterflies. ups for you!

They are relatively reef-safe as they are thought to consume zooplanktons since corals do not survive in the depth they are harvested.

I have kept one for several months before and find that quite hardy if introduced into a hardy without "bullies".

I know of a few reefers that have kept them in reef tanks as well. But, I will still think that their reef save status to be that of a dwarf angel (not 100%). ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381