Monti keepers check this out!

• Senior Reefer

Just though that this is really really interesting and cool. what do you get when you glue two different coloured montis together? they grow and encurst together to form ONE multi coloured monti. note that the resulting monti is not few pieces growing together, but actually one united piece encruted as one! pretty nice hor!

post-15755-1267512860_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1267512864_thumb.jpg

Fusion! possible to do this with mushrooms? did post this question on RC so far lots of negative replies.

So any one out there has heard or done mushroom fusion!

• Senior Reefer
Fusion! possible to do this with mushrooms? did post this question on RC so far lots of negative replies.

So any one out there has heard or done mushroom fusion!

they have done it with palys.

however, softies are always harder because of the slime, consistant shrinkage and expanding, etc.

how about gluing hammer, torch, octo, frogspawn etc together haha!

they have done it with palys.

however, softies are always harder because of the slime, consistant shrinkage and expanding, etc.

how about gluing hammer, torch, octo, frogspawn etc together haha!

yea did that with one purple tip and one green tip branch hammer! looks great when they all expand and blend in.

Another thing you guys might wanna try is tying up 3 different coloured tube worms together and you will have a colourful and cheaper alternative to a "COCO worm"

• SRC Member

yupps, i saw this in reefcentral a while ago, and i tried experimenting with my montis.. turned out not all plating montis are compatible, only the same species.. red with green failed, but orange with green works like in the pictures in reefcentral..

:) here's mine:

post-9599-1267536598_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
yupps, i saw this in reefcentral a while ago, and i tried experimenting with my montis.. turned out not all plating montis are compatible, only the same species.. red with green failed, but orange with green works like in the pictures in reefcentral..

:) here's mine:

excellent! hope it grows huge and beautiful.