Shrimp trap.

snowy85

• SRC Member

try to offer food infront of it. like a small piece of market prawn.

when it approach, let it grab it from your finger. then slowly/quickly approach its whisker depending on the shrimp's behaviour, grab its "whisker" with ur finger quickly when in reach. and make sure u grab it tight and firm.

i catch my cleaner shrimp a few time for fun with my method before. :lol:

all the best.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

when it approach, let it grab it from your finger. then slowly/quickly approach its whisker depending on the shrimp's behaviour, grab its "whisker" with ur finger quickly when in reach. and make sure u grab it tight and firm.

all the best.

+1.. i like to do that to my cleaner shrimp too.. hahaha...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

careful not to break the antennae... but this is a good way. if the shrimp jerks backwards, the antennae will break and it will take a few moults to regrow.

shrimps are easy to trap. they're suckers for food.

careful not to break the antennae... but this is a good way. if the shrimp jerks backwards, the antennae will break and it will take a few moults to regrow.

shrimps are easy to trap. they're suckers for food.

will the betta box method work?

• Senior Reefer
will the betta box method work?

if its on the sandbed, yes. very likely to work. if you want it to be almost 100% successful, do it at night when all fishes are sleeping. shrimps like to forage at night.

note i didnt say 100% coz it might not work. but im definately sure it will. put it near its hiding cave for best results.

• SRC Member

all the best.

+2

when it comes and disturb me when i target feed my sun corals,

i will pull its "whisker"..

for fun.. :paiseh:

but should be fairly easy..

the last time i tried to catch my cleaner shrimp out,

i just throw in food...

sometimes it'll just come close to the surface,

i'll just net it out quickly..

must be fast..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft: